Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Vermin Eggs  (Read 28800 times)

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
Re: Vermin Eggs
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2011, 05:15:37 pm »

PET:NONE:HONEY_BEE:NONE would be what you use in a reaction. Or better yet, VERMIN instead of PET to make them wild bees.
I just modded chickens to use [LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS:VERMIN:NONE:SPIDER_CAVE:NONE], and they did indeed leave live cave spiders in their nest boxes, but once I deconstructed them, the spiders immediately ran away at hyper speed and didn't seem to leave any webs behind, so creating vermin as items presumably doesn't initialize all of their properties correctly.

Interesting... I added a reaction making 100 bees in the arena and dropped them, and failed to get stung. Neither PET nor VERMIN bees stung me.

Similarly, in fort mode, fort mode, tame and wild bees spawned by reaction did not sting... but only when I modded them all into a single caste and removed hives. When I left hiveable queens in, some of the reaction-spawned bees themselves generated other bees, and those new bees did sting.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2011, 06:09:57 pm »

The unusual egg tag is LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS:(item):(item subtype)

It wont read the 3rd part that defines which sort of vermin the game should use.

That is incorrect - the syntax is [LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS:item:material], where "item" is an item+subtype (e.g. WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_WHIP, THRONE:NONE, or VERMIN:NONE) and "material" is whatever the object is made of (e.g. INORGANIC:IRON, CREATURE_MAT:CAT:LEATHER, or "CREATURE_NAME:NONE" if you happen to be creating a vermin).

I just modded chickens to use [LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS:VERMIN:NONE:SPIDER_CAVE:NONE], and they did indeed leave live cave spiders in their nest boxes, but once I deconstructed them, the spiders immediately ran away at hyper speed and didn't seem to leave any webs behind, so creating vermin as items presumably doesn't initialize all of their properties correctly.
Is that so, guess I misunderstood [EGG_MATERIAL:<mat tokens>] and [LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS:<item tokens>] in the change log. Figured it would work the same as the BUTCHER_SPECIAL tag.

Poor chicken though.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2011, 03:38:32 am »

So what happens if you set the chicken to lay dwarves as eggs?
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2011, 03:46:25 am »

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Fixed.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2011, 07:08:15 am »

Make chickens that lay bees and then make chickens a harvestable product from beehives.

8)
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Pickerel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2011, 06:17:58 pm »

My input for a future addition:
A special nest box called a 'cabbage patch'.
Storks that lay dwarf eggs in said boxes.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2011, 12:20:43 am »

Make chickens that lay bees and then make chickens a harvestable product from beehives.

8)

So now... which comes first... the bee or the chicken?
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2011, 01:43:32 am »

8)

So now... which comes first... the bee or the chicken?

The chickabee came first.
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2011, 02:02:08 am »

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Fixed.

Sigged.
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2011, 10:10:21 pm »

Oh, that made me happy xD
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2011, 10:17:44 pm »

Lol, internet noob.  Just remember, that these are considered "eggs" so it doesn't come out of the anus...
Except that chickens only have one hole that they excrete(and lay eggs) from.

Damn! You beat me to it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloaca
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2011, 10:20:08 pm »

The unusual egg tag is LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS:(item):(item subtype)

It wont read the 3rd part that defines which sort of vermin the game should use.

That is incorrect - the syntax is [LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS:item:material], where "item" is an item+subtype (e.g. WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_WHIP, THRONE:NONE, or VERMIN:NONE) and "material" is whatever the object is made of (e.g. INORGANIC:IRON, CREATURE_MAT:CAT:LEATHER, or "CREATURE_NAME:NONE" if you happen to be creating a vermin).

Technically it would be [LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS:<item>:<item subtype>:<material>:<material subtype>], wouldn't it?

NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2011, 12:49:24 am »

My input for a future addition:
A special nest box called a 'cabbage patch'.
Storks that lay dwarf eggs in said boxes.
Better yet...

Make Giant Cave Spiders give live birth to dwarves!

Buzzing_Beard

• Bay Watcher
  • RL Beekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2011, 03:42:32 am »

I read that some people would give all the leftover brood comb (baby bees) from skep-harvesting to their chickens. I guess that's better than letting them rot; or eating them .
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 05:12:57 am by Buzzing_Beard »

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2011, 07:23:19 am »

mmm broodcomb on toast with cheese *nomnomnom*
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.
Pages: 1 [2] 3