Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Bay12 Commanders: MTW1 Welsh!

(1/10) > >>

Deadmeat1471:
I was watching time commanders today, and thought it might be a good idea to try a quasi-play together style thing.

Using Rome Total War+BI, we choose a battle either in a campaign or a historical map. Then we decide whos going to play our side and parts of our side.
Then, via screenshots of the game and minimap with info on dispositions of enemy and friendly forces, players can choose what to do for a period(1 minute?, until the current 'action' is fulfilled? aka a cavalry charge) in as much detail as they want. I do it, more screens, more info, and we can comment on how those people do at each point, but only after they have done it.

Key point- decisions by the leaders in the battle must not be discussed until after that 'turn' has passed. This is to stop them changing their mind due to hearing a better idea! the whole point is to discuss individual 'generals' strategies.

Sound like a good idea? or any additional ideas? should it be a campaign or historical/user downloaded scenarios?

*I will do an example one in a bit and people can laugh at my strategy as an example game  :P

Deadmeat1471:
I think campaign would be best, as there is a severe lack of historic maps to choose from in RTW (All the best ones aren't even in it.).

So we have a choice of Julii(North front), Scipii(South front), Brutii(East front).

Keita:
Brutii I'm voting for, I always have a fun time early game and challenging late game.

Erkki:
This might work better with STW/MTW but that just imho. For the sake of history and realism as well.  :D

edit: never got MTW work, latest try killed my 7 year old computer and had to buy a new one so not too keen... but STW I have installed.

Keita:

--- Quote from: Erkki on March 07, 2011, 10:41:32 am ---This might work better with STW/MTW but that just imho. For the sake of history and realism as well.  :D

edit: never got MTW work, latest try killed my 7 year old computer and had to buy a new one so not too keen... but STW I have installed.

--- End quote ---

Is that the first MTW or #2?

STW, now that's going back on the nostalgia train =D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version