Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Games like "Europa 1400 : The Guild" ?  (Read 33362 times)

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games like "Europa 1400 : The Guild" ?
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2011, 02:46:03 pm »

Machiavelli the Prince maybe?

Trade, politics, scheming and war. It's a bit dated but can still be fun.

This. It's the best.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2011, 06:25:45 pm »

Hmm, where to get it though?

Ahh nevermind, i've found it on abadonia. Microprose sure made a fustercluck of great games.

If its half as good as the first guild then its surely awesome.

Edit : It's nice, and entertaining, but not even has a tenth of ze guild possibilities. Guess it WAS unique aftfer all
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 04:57:28 am by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Enerjetik

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2011, 12:51:36 pm »

I have actually been searching for a similar game, and so i found this page.
I bring you a tip to try out this game : Knights of Honor , Medieval environment strategy game

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/knightsofhonor/review.html Review and more information

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2011, 04:51:22 pm »

The Patrician series might be what you want. The point of the games is to become the best trader and get elected to supreme ruler of a Northern Europe trading alliance.  Patrician 3 is probably the best one, you can get it on gog.com.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2011, 08:54:58 pm »

The sims medieval is comparable to europa 1400? Blasphemy! TSM is one big flop. period.  ???
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2011, 08:59:02 pm »

The sims medieval is comparable to europa 1400? Blasphemy! TSM is one big flop. period.  ???

sekullbe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2011, 10:35:18 pm »

Did they ever make E1400 work? I quit in disgust when after the third patch it was revealed that town council elections were entirely random - anything you did had no effect whatsoever - and they had no intention of fixing it.

I've recently started Patrician 3 since it was dirt cheap on Steam a while ago. It's not down as far in the weeds as E1400 but seems pretty good.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2011, 01:10:47 am »

Love me some The guild 2, sadly I could never get the multiplayer to work with my bro.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2011, 06:14:06 pm »

I "got" and started Europa: 1400 today out of interest.

However, I have no idea how to play it. I'm so lost, honestly, it's kind of sad. I mean, I'm sending my guys out to pickpocket every day, and I'm training up my handicraft and negotiating skills randomly, and some laws were passed and I can apparently buy bones and skulls from these guys but I don't know why and I made a bed but I'm not sure what that's for and and :(

Currently looking to get a manual, or any other info of sorts.

Why is The Guild 2 considered inferior to the first, anyway?

\ \

Oh, there's a tutorial. I think I'll do that, then. :P
Personally I've played both, and I didn't really like the first as much as the second with expansions. The first had some interesting features that the second lacked, but the whole game was harder to actually do anything in and felt pretty awkward. I feel the second improves it by making you actually control a physical entity instead of some guy who stays in his house all day long; If I wanted to do that, I'd play real life, and I already am.
Pages: 1 [2]