Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Let's Play: Sword of the Samurai (Image Heavy)

(1/5) > >>

PenguinOverlord:

'Better to die poor and honorable than rich and a fool.'

My name is Kenshin. I am a samurai, and for years I have tread this path.

I serve under the Takeda clan. Truly they will be the ones to unify Japan!

Being blessed with noble birth, I have control over a large fief, and the peasants therein. I suspect the peasants are just as glad of their birth, as they are able to serve under one such as I.

I serve under a great man, Lord Tadahiro, just as my father did. Surely I will one day surpass him, and enter the ranks of true greatness, one of those serving under the Daimyo himself!

My rivals are three men, those by the names of Geki, Chizaemon, and Hideo.
Geki is one of the greatest and most famed samurai of all lands. Under him, 81 samurai have pledged their swords. Under him, several more commoners have pledged their lives! He is clearly the one to take the position of hatamoto, and he is to be considered my greatest rival.

Chizaemon shows promise: he, like me, only recently ascended to the head of his family. He holds a fief of a large size, and is honorable, as is custom for Samurai of the Takeda clan. Unlike me, however, he is cautious, he is weak. I suspect the coward would sooner embark on the path of a ronin rather than fight me in single combat.

Hideo, unlike Geki, clearly wants the position of hatamoto and will go through anything to get it.  He, too, controls a large fief, but he himself is of no great distinction. He is fighting enemy forces when I assume power, but those forces are quickly quelled.

I am a warrior whom has lived his life through combat, his life through honor. I control a large fief, and immediately recruit 17 more warriors to my cause in addition to my father's forces, bolstering the samurai pledged under me to 55. I do not doubt that they harbor similar ambitions as me, but they will have to make do. From my strong leadership and charismatic personality, I manage to amuse Lord Tadahiro himself, and my standing in the clan improves.

A matchmaker approaches me, presumably sent by the hatamoto. She tells me there is a good bride for me, a very beautiful woman by the name from Haru. She comes from a modest family, and I hope to use this to my advantage. I set out to Lord Tadahiro's castle, immediately.

Finally, I am able to meet with Haru. While I expected to deny her and demand someone else, something came over me as soon as I saw her. She was the most beautiful woman I had ever met, and her personality was similar.

We wed immediately, with poets and samurai from all lands invited. Unfortunately, due to her family's commoner status, my family loses some of its reputation, but it does not matter, for we love eachother.

Shortly after the wedding, I find that my wife is to bare a child. I am overjoyed by this news. She humbly suggests to name the child Jibusaemon. I agree, it is a great name.

inteuniso:
Looks like this might be a sick game, dude. Good luck!

MetalSlimeHunt:
I am watching this one for sure.

mainiac:
I love this game so much.

EuchreJack:
Watching for epic strife!

Actually, I might just boot this up myself!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version