Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stuck in an empty pool.  (Read 3915 times)

Qc Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stuck in an empty pool.
« on: August 20, 2011, 01:19:06 am »

Basically, I was walking around the world map when it told me I was feeling uneasy. I spawned in this... place. With apparently no way out.

I can't fast travel because I am feeling uneasy, I can't sleep because I am feeling uneasy. And I don't think whatever's making me feel weird is coming to meet me.

What do?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck in an empty pool.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 01:33:10 am »

'S'neak. Always sneak. If your ambushers can't spot you, then they can't prevent you from escaping totally unhindered, as far as the game is concerned.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Qc Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 01:33:56 am »

'S'neak. Always sneak. If your ambushers can't spot you, then they can't prevent you from escaping totally unhindered, as far as the game is concerned.

Woah thanks.

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 10:23:24 am »

You can use ALT direction key to perform a specified movement. Will give you options in directions you can move. For example you can use it to get out of a murky pool, stream that has no stairs/ramps to get out of. This is also how you can enter these areas
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 11:34:41 am »

Remember that one must have above-novice swimming skill (only by one point, but to begin your adventure capable of swimming you must have adequate skill) to climb out/not drown.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 07:16:55 am »

Excuse the thread-necromancy, but how exactly is swimming supposed to help with getting out of a dry pool? Last time I ended up in one, I couldn't alt-move out of it for shit. Am I missing something here?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 05:32:19 pm »

Nope. Without water, swimming skill or no, you're SOL if you get stuck in a pool.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 05:46:35 pm »

That's as I thought. Thankfully we're at least seeing important new features like guinea pigs and alpacas, so how bad can a few cringe-worthy bugs be?

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 05:51:49 pm »

Definitely not as bad as pointless necroing. :)

(Though the necroing going on in the next DF release isn't pointless, mind you.)
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011, 06:00:00 pm »

Seeing as how I was unsure about something here, hoping that I have missed something obvious and that dry pools weren't actually death-traps, I wouldn't consider this incident to be pointless necromancy.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 05:47:29 pm »

Is it possible to temporarily give your race the [FLIER] tag just to get out of the pool?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2011, 12:16:58 am »

Is it possible to temporarily give your race the [FLIER] tag just to get out of the pool?
Oh, most certainly.  If you're into that kind of thing.  Which I am.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 03:45:30 pm »

Wait for it to rain, then alt out.

Hahahaha...
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns