Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Any girls, women play DF?  (Read 5172 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Any girls, women play DF?
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2011, 05:59:13 pm »

women on the internet? HA!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2011, 06:02:12 pm »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2011, 06:09:38 pm »

Vector.
Vector, by her own admission, has never played Dwarf Fortress (or any other Tarn Adams game). Nor does she plan to, apparently.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2011, 06:10:57 pm »

Oh? Well, she frequently posts/posted on this forum, so whatever.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2011, 06:12:10 pm »

This thread is worst thread.
Shoes...

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2011, 06:18:41 pm »

Of course I play dwarf fortress.

Dun dun dun?
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

FallingWhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2011, 06:26:33 pm »

Hopefully you can guess that after one attempt a girl will stop posting in these.
Quote from: Spambot
Becoming a software engineering is not a piece of cake that you can slice it off a plate and gorge on it.

Cotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2011, 06:36:32 pm »

'Tis a witch hunt.
Well if you remove the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag from dwarves I think they have like 2-4 children each time they give birth. And if you get enough mothers up on the pillars you can probably get a good waterfall going.
Ashes are technically fire-safe.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2011, 06:37:08 pm »

I attempted to neuter the thread at the beginning but it was no use. This place is still a 'lolgirls' thread.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2011, 06:54:52 pm »

This is a forum about Dwarf Fortress; a game where dresses are for everybody, where maternal instincts is not to shield your child, but to use the little tyke to bludgeon the skulls of your enemies, and where the arguably most stereotypically feminine characters tend to be cannibals... and you expect to notice when girls are posting??? :P
Actuilly Maternal instinct is not to shield your child, but to use your child as a shield.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2011, 06:58:55 pm »

Why didn't they listen? We tried to warn them!
I never thought I'd see a sexism cascade, let alone fail to stop one.
Fixed. 
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

white_darkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2011, 07:00:40 pm »

Every place online is like this at some point.

I think the biggest difference is the ladies, in most cases, just don't care to advertise.

Whereas, the number of online games, forums, etc.  I've been part of where a "what sex are you?" doesn't come up at some point from somebody is....ummmm....none.

Heck, the irrationality behind it is amazing more than anything.  I remember back in '98 when gods help me I still played Ultima Online and was a member of a guild called the Sisterhood of the Ivory Maiden.  Most of the member characters were female.  My member character was female.

I had 6 marriage proposals via that game over a 1 year period.  Why?  Because most people registered male characters, and then a female character would send half of them into the land of assumption.

Worry not therefore.  Just delight in the insanity, bloodshed, and profound concerns like whether you can get enough bolts from elf bones to kill an elf and have bolts left over?

Cotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2011, 07:01:36 pm »

This is a forum about Dwarf Fortress; a game where dresses are for everybody, where maternal instincts is not to shield your child, but to use the little tyke to bludgeon the skulls of your enemies, and where the arguably most stereotypically feminine characters tend to be cannibals... and you expect to notice when girls are posting??? :P
Actuilly Maternal instinct is not to shield your child, but to use your child as a shield.
Which should make more sense - If you die, what chance does the baby have? You on the other hand can always make a new baby. God, nature is so stupid about the maternal instinct...
Well if you remove the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag from dwarves I think they have like 2-4 children each time they give birth. And if you get enough mothers up on the pillars you can probably get a good waterfall going.
Ashes are technically fire-safe.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2011, 08:03:41 pm »

50:50. That's been the average male-female ratio of users of the internet for years now.

• 20% are male and think women don't exist on the internet, and laugh in the face of indisputable evidence to the contrary.
  • 20% are male and creepily fawn over anyone they have the slightest reason to believe might be female.
  • 20% are female and choose not to attract a shitstorm from the two categories above by not revealing their gender.
  • 20% are female and are operating under the delusion that being female makes them rare and unique on the internet, and draw excessive attention to it at the slightest provocation.
  • The last 20% aren't preoccupied with these stupid things.

tl;dr
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

subject name here

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2011, 08:26:45 pm »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5