Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FTL Ship Mods/ Boosters  (Read 4023 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
FTL Ship Mods/ Boosters
« on: February 13, 2013, 07:17:00 pm »

The purpose of this/these posts are to use the FTL ship builders available online to create ships- for a custom game, to build upon ideas, or just inspire.

I don't know when/if I will be able to run the program version, but I do have most ships and their sprites to work with.

As an example, I bring you the Torus- Nomad.

Spoiler: Nomad (click to show/hide)

The Torus Nomad is designed around the idea of transporting people safely across the cosmos. Like a giant mass-transit vehicle of space, the Nomad is well equipped to survive the treacherous enviroments and evil pirates often found in space.

It has an excellent droid bay and shield system, but it's weapon system is base and archaic, very hard to upgrade or use. It's medbay is good for average injury but not those of an invasion (i.e., average). Most important modules in the ship are large, but fire and beam weapons can deal great amounts of damage if used correctly.

All in all, the Torus Nomad uses a captian and co-captian loaded with two offense drones to protect crew and cargo. While it's weapon system is horrific and defenses sorely lacking for nonbasic weapons, the Torus Nomad has very powerful shields from the start and room to expand drone use exponentially.

There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Re: FTL Ship Mods/ Boosters
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 07:19:04 pm »

Any links to said Shipbuilders?

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 07:46:18 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't like direct-linking to fourms, but I also don't like direct-linking to a download more. Not trying to advertise.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hmm. It seems like all the links I'm getting, for FTLEdit, and especially ftldat, are tripping the virus fantastic. Nearly got hit with a trojan- thanks, McAfee, seems like I found a low threat Trojan that Avast hasn't defined. Artemis!(some numbers). Ew.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 10:25:09 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 10:24:35 pm »

Warning to anyone planning on making FTL mods using the tools- ftldat is definitely loaded, ftledit is simply written in a bad fashion, caution advised with either. FTL Unpacker is clean. I'm not going to be making the data for these ships, unfortunately.

Spoiler: Vortex "Scylla" (click to show/hide)