Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 40

Author Topic: Stronghold: Kingdoms  (Read 153608 times)

King Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stronghold: Kingdoms
« Reply #495 on: March 24, 2011, 12:39:07 pm »

Oh I did not notice that, thanks. But again wouldent you make more money investing in the merchant line and production than you would save from philosophy.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 12:42:26 pm by King Cow »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: March 24, 2011, 06:30:15 pm »

I decided to start over with smarter researching since I had a second email address laying around. I'm now Atorek in Domie parish (still in Ross-shire).
According to the wiki, my original account will eventually fade out when it reaches the limit of idling time for rank 8.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

King Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: March 24, 2011, 06:35:16 pm »

oh no I hope it was not after what I said. I dont think a few wrong points is worth starting again, those will become usefull later...

Oh yes I see you, quiet far away.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: March 24, 2011, 06:39:50 pm »

Nice emptyish parish there.  Also gave up Stewardship to another member of the parish, figured I'd been steward long enough and was time to give someone else a chance. He's rather active and promises to try and take care of the capital which is good.  Frankly having to watch for the flag was a pain in the ass.

Also first pikeman entered my forces.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: March 24, 2011, 06:41:20 pm »

No, not what you said. I felt like I had gone in the complete wrong direction research-wise, except for the archers. (They are indeed very useful)

And I get another free Premium Token from the tutorial anyway, so :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

King Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: March 24, 2011, 07:03:29 pm »

Meh drizzle weather. Such is life in Scotland.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: March 26, 2011, 03:00:21 pm »

Dangit I am the freaking steward now.  ::)

King Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 26, 2011, 06:15:23 pm »

My steward got 7 or 8 flags early this morning.    :D

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 26, 2011, 06:20:46 pm »

Is there any difference if you pile up honor trough those bars?
I have over 2.5k now which is needed for my 1st grade commoner and another 2.5k after that for the yeoman rank, and i'm thinking of piling up 5k and going straight for yeoman for some reason :/
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 26, 2011, 07:47:15 pm »

Probably not. You'd just have to click the rank-up button twice. Of course, it could also be buggy, rank you up all the way instantly, and gimp you out of half of those tech points.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 26, 2011, 08:50:20 pm »

It won't rank up instantly, you'll need to go through each one. People usually hold off on ranking up if they want to capture a village, so that the honour penalty isn't as high and so they have the extra honour to spend.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

King Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 27, 2011, 10:39:58 am »

So I can either save up 10000 gold or take a 4000 honour cost and capture an annoying player in the parish next to me. But I really want a village in my parish.........

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 27, 2011, 10:47:02 am »

Doing much better this time, but fletchers are still annoyingly expensive.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 27, 2011, 10:50:10 am »

Someone is attacking me. An Alderman with no faction/house affilliation, so it's someone probably looking to take over my village? Also, our steward seems to have vanished.

EDIT: Huh, someone else also has the town name Pondtardulais(and probably has a more accurate position for it). I'll have to fix mine, then.

EDIT2: Attack is 20 minutes away. He'll be surprised, though. With cards, my forces are slightly greater than his scouts reported to him 10 minutes ago. Bought a defence improvement and a 2-Knight sally, and had a 15 peasant card on hand. This will be a good fight.

EDIT3: Enemy attack was successful, but I killed their captain during the battle, so I only incurred wall damage and causualties from the attack, with no other damage. I've learned a few things from this. One: Knights are WORTHLESS. Two: Archers prioritize Pikemen over enemy Archers, thus getting killed by them. Three: Command, along with more guardhouses, is a very good idea. Four: Knights are worthless, the only good thing about them is if you research Sally Forth, they're free(but worthless).
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 01:09:58 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

King Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 27, 2011, 02:40:18 pm »

umm did the red clan just implode in the north, what the hell happened?
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 40