Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 40

Author Topic: Stronghold: Kingdoms  (Read 153616 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stronghold: Kingdoms
« Reply #510 on: March 27, 2011, 02:43:11 pm »

The local faction joined the yellow house.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 27, 2011, 04:35:38 pm »

What should I do with a random request to become a vassal?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 27, 2011, 04:41:45 pm »

Which rank are you?
I can vassal you if you are below 9.
And how do you get quests, i remeber having one in the tutorial and that was it, nothing ever since.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 27, 2011, 04:42:09 pm »

Quests aren't implimented yet.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 27, 2011, 05:11:19 pm »

Which rank are you?
I can vassal you if you are below 9.
And how do you get quests, i remeber having one in the tutorial and that was it, nothing ever since.
Nope, Thane(rank 10). And yeah, quests aren't in yet. I'm not sure how they plan to implement them, maybe like Lacuna's quest system? There's a lot of thing that say that they're going to be implemented, but I'm not sure what they are yet.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 27, 2011, 05:28:54 pm »

If you're the vassal of someone then you get honour and they get to station troops in your castle to attack from.

EDIT3: Enemy attack was successful, but I killed their captain during the battle, so I only incurred wall damage and causualties from the attack, with no other damage. I've learned a few things from this. One: Knights are WORTHLESS. Two: Archers prioritize Pikemen over enemy Archers, thus getting killed by them. Three: Command, along with more guardhouses, is a very good idea. Four: Knights are worthless, the only good thing about them is if you research Sally Forth, they're free(but worthless).
I watched the replay and you're lucky he didn't put his captain way at the back otherwise you would have lost your village. You really need stone walls and towers. Troops can't attack towers so once you can build them, use them in place of walls as much as possible.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 27, 2011, 05:32:49 pm »

Problem is, I don't have time, resources, or technology to do any of that. And that seems a little exploity, making a castle like that.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 27, 2011, 05:37:28 pm »

I wouldn't build a castle out of towers either... far too exploity.
but stone walls are a must. they can take as much damage as 6-7 wooden walls ( based on personal experience: numbers shouldn't be trusted). they will help you greatly.

could you send me the replay? I am AndreaD in the game

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 27, 2011, 05:44:05 pm »

I think you can't build towers next to each other anyway, you have to leave wall between. Or I misread the wiki.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 27, 2011, 05:49:04 pm »

I think you can't build towers next to each other anyway, you have to leave wall between. Or I misread the wiki.
You are correct. Whether or not it's exploity, everyone that spends any time attacking and being attacked does it, myself included. It's necessary once you're a higher level and being attacked by multiple 500 strong armies all at once.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 27, 2011, 05:51:34 pm »

Nope, you can't build them next to each other, a one tile wide gap is required between them.Besides, if you are high enough in rank to be able to afford a wall made of towers then it's very likely that your enemies are high enough to be able to afford catapults.
AS - IG

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 28, 2011, 07:02:57 pm »

Founded my Second Village, didn't go far just inside the same parish. Went highlands, primarily for a bit of pitch production. Though I'll probably need to research another food type, looks like it will be slow going till I get some Happiness boosting stuff built.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Eek-A-Mouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 29, 2011, 04:38:36 pm »

Well damn. I just founded my 2nd city last night, and then I woke up this morning to see that my main city has been captured by some guy named Lord Mideon with 252 archers, 65 pikemen, and 60 swordsmen.. So that's a bummer, lol, that city was just starting to become pretty prosperous.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 29, 2011, 05:06:07 pm »

Hmm, the steward we have seems to be tearing down the wood walls that ringed the main castle that the previous steward put in. I don't know what he's thinking, unless he plans to replace them with stone. Either way, yesterday we lost two flags to attacks, the second of which against no resistance.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 29, 2011, 05:53:14 pm »

I've been having massive happines problems lately, damn rain, bandits and AI castles just keep coming up, i can barely get any honour right now and have to resort to buying RP's, which are bloody expensive by now, costing over 1k a piece
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 40