Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 40

Author Topic: Stronghold: Kingdoms  (Read 153581 times)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Stronghold: Kingdoms
« Reply #540 on: April 03, 2011, 04:27:37 am »

No you can see queued constructions if your not steward.  I'm not steward and I can see a tower being built and I can also see what our County Sheriff is building.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 03, 2011, 04:34:32 am »

I'm about to be able to buy my second city. I have a plot available next to the first one so I can feed it resources. Good idea?

Also, I've built a pretty goofy looking castle, but it seems to work pretty well. I had a whole bunch of palisades for a while, then built stone walls where red's peasants poked holes in them. It covers all the castle with stone and is pretty large.

The castle itself, the one that upgrades with crenelations, shoots over stone walls, right? I know that it shoots over wooden structures of all kinds, but it seems somewhat squat compared to the walls.

Also, if anyone would like to buy some bows, a buddy of mine from Illyriad with the username kung fu will sell you some. Tell him naiv sent you and that you'll trade him for his bows.

Finally, fate chose to put me directly on the county border with a parish on the other side with the name of Elphin... if no Bay12'ers are living there I'm thinking about invading and pillaging it and possibly burning it if necessary at some point in the future if I get some help. Anyone want to help or have a reason for that not to happen? I'm not too familiar with the factions, would that be a bad idea?

Also, did anyone have the foresight to go strong military that would appreciate some stone/wood resource shipments?

Now that I've almost gotten to the second village research, I'll be going more heavily into military size and speed.

Also, I recommend building all your hovels asap, it boosts popularity quite a bit after they are all bit.

Engineering for the storage space for everything was extremely useful, plus it unlocks better housing research.

Finally, what did we have to do again to make an alliance/faction/house or whatever?

Are faith points useful? I'd kind of like to be the pope or cardinal at some point so I could put it on my theoretical business card, but faith points don't seem to be very good in comparison to some of the other researches. I think I put 2 research into theology or whatever as I figured if I did it early it would at least build up over time.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 05:07:39 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 03, 2011, 05:08:48 am »

Just hit Yeoman rank, are pikemen really that useful since they need quite a lot of RP's to get a decent amount up and running.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 03, 2011, 05:20:07 am »

I'd say yeah, they replace peasants as a speedbump inside your castle in case someone beats down the walls. Attackers tend to queue up and attack the defenders so that the pikemen inside the keep can be as good as a certain amount of stonewall (plus they can stab with their halbards)

Also, looking at those defenses people have built reassures me that war on Elphin will have to wait a while.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 05:24:14 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

YouR_DooM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 03, 2011, 07:10:13 am »

I took the village from a poor yeoman noob. He had some giant holes in his walls and no archers.

Cost me 9000 honour, but now I make 7000 from that village alone, so pretty sweet imo :D
Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the Plant Reed Fibre Thread Technology!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 07, 2011, 12:00:06 pm »

Going to be hitting Alderman soon, which mens my second village is right around the corner.Any advice on how should i be getting it, village types, distance and whatnot :)
AS - IG

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 07, 2011, 04:05:22 pm »

For your second village type go for pitch if you're going to be doing a lot of fighting in the future, or wine for honour. Deciding to capture vs buy is really up to if you have the money or the honour, troops, and a suitable village to capture. If you're going to capture then you should look for one that's owned by someone close to your rank, to reduce the honour cost. If you're trying to stay/become a steward in a contested parish you might want your second village to be in the same parish, otherwise I go for slightly overlapping honour circles.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 07, 2011, 05:58:56 pm »

Hmmm, I could use some more people in my parish. Everyone else is pretty much inactive, and I'm getting constant attacks from the parish north of mine(which is ruled by a H13 faction), so I need people who can (at least eventually) send troops to the capital both for defense and eventual retaliation.

NOTEDIT: Son of a fuck, I(the capital) just got hit with a massive attack(for a flag) which took out almost all my troops(all of which were supplied by me) along with most of the walls(which were goddamn expensive), with another one on the way(probably for a gold raid, but the joke's on them, since I just spent all the gold the capital had).

That's it, if I don't get any new, active, blood in the next week, I quit. I'm nobody's fucking farm bitch. I'm gonna raze every village in the parish, then abandon mine.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 07, 2011, 06:01:57 pm »

Hmmm, I could use some more people in my parish. Everyone else is pretty much inactive, and I'm getting constant attacks from the parish north of mine(which is ruled by a H13 faction), so I need people who can (at least eventually) send troops to the capital both for defense and eventual retaliation.

NOTEDIT: Son of a fuck, I(the capital) just got hit with a massive attack(for a flag) which took out almost all my troops(all of which were supplied by me) along with most of the walls(which were goddamn expensive), with another one on the way(probably for a gold raid, but the joke's on them, since I just spent all the gold the capital had).

That's it, if I don't get any new, active, blood in the next week, I quit. I'm nobody's fucking farm bitch. I'm gonna raze every village in the parish, then abandon mine.
Woo for pyrrhic victories?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 07, 2011, 06:06:21 pm »

If you are nearby i'd be more than willing to help out, but i have a feeling i won't have the money to buy a village in the next county X)
Also i don't think i will be capturing since that seems very dickish to me, what are they left with if they don't have a second village?
AS - IG

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 07, 2011, 06:13:13 pm »

Well, they're inactive so it hardly matters. Anyway, your last village being destroyed/captured lets you pick a new one, and you keep all your gold, honor, rank, and technology so far. You'll have to rebuild your army, castle, village, and resources, but without having to focus on the other stuff, it should be faster and easier(especially with Tools, Architecture, and all those resource bonuses you've researched).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 07, 2011, 06:16:12 pm »

If you do restart you should try to get a village down in Red Lodge with me. I could really use some active players and since I'm a member of a faction we don't get attacked for fear of retaliation from all my friends. :D
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 07, 2011, 06:46:41 pm »

Well, crap. You can't raze until rank 16. All the more reason to think this game is just another power-gamer paradise.

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 07, 2011, 10:53:15 pm »

Why are you trying to raze at a low level? Raze is different then capture.
Thendash's Livestream

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 08, 2011, 05:04:15 pm »

Why are you trying to raze at a low level? Raze is different then capture.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 40