Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40

Author Topic: Stronghold: Kingdoms  (Read 153285 times)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Stronghold: Kingdoms
« Reply #555 on: April 08, 2011, 05:16:38 pm »

Our parish seemed to have gotten lucky and avoided several attacks allowing us to get an Archery Range and a Stone Quarry guild.  Then someone Sent a huge army of course with captains that held their army back for like 5 minutes while the catapults destroyed an entire face of the wall. >.>

Edit Oh hey, we just got a Province Governor and he made a post stating a few laws...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 06:47:37 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: April 08, 2011, 05:26:24 pm »

I think the guy attacking me is using the Auto-attack feature that premium gives. As soon as a flag appears, an attack comes, followed by a gold raid.

I also just sent out a capture attack to claim a second village, in the same parish as my first. Definite inactive, a scout report showed half the wall was gone and no soldiers. Maybe with two villages feeding the capital soldiers I can suddenly pop up a huge army to fight them off for once. So far, I've been trying to send as many troops as I can spare, but not deploying them in the castle(they'd just get killed during a flag attack).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: April 08, 2011, 11:56:53 pm »

Auto-Attack only allows attacks against ai. He's probably just online all the time or something.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 10, 2011, 01:43:51 pm »

So how do you cancel a claiming of a village, i was asked by my LL to claim another in in the same Parish (no problem for me, as long as its in that parish) and i cannot find any way to recall my capitain :(
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: April 10, 2011, 02:41:49 pm »

You can only recall "things" up until I think 5 or 10 minutes after they have left your village.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: April 11, 2011, 06:59:25 am »

Great, some faction/H19 Earl barges into my parish and is trying to get votes for himself. Joke's on him though, I'm the only active person in this parish.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: April 11, 2011, 10:27:59 pm »

Great, some faction/H19 Earl barges into my parish and is trying to get votes for himself. Joke's on him though, I'm the only active person in this parish.

lol

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: April 11, 2011, 11:26:03 pm »

He'll probably just monk the vote though, unless you have your own monks...
Thendash's Livestream

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: April 12, 2011, 11:36:37 am »

Shit, I think a crusade against a faction happened.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: April 13, 2011, 03:56:24 am »

Akura, I'll send you troops.

Me and kung fu are going the 500 man army route early. We're figuring out whether or not my sending him armed peasants as reinforcements will allow him to focus on weapons production instead of popularity for the peasants.

Also, if you research housing capacity upgrades, the look of the houses change. Also I recommend focusing on ways to raise popularity, like literature (plus you get a dancing bear) and the housing researches. I can have over 200 peasants and the more peasants the more tax.

Has anyone started a faction yet? I'm up to Gentleman rank, anyone higher?

Also, I HIGHLY recommend researching banqueting up all the way. I also recommend putting at least one dot into all the banquet goods production research (but no more if your parish has a steady supply of them like mine does).

My parish is doing very well, I'm donating lots of goods, we have an able steward who isn't me and a nice army and defenses. He seems to have focused on being a merchant king since his caravans apparently are attached to an internal combustion engine. I bet he's making a lot of money from being a merchant.

Anyways though, I went full stone/wood research, which is a great help.

Engineering is a very wise research as it increases all your storage which will be helpful.

My second village is a salt flat in the same parish, and I plan to flood the market with it, so once you start needing salt let me know.

Captains cost 3k gold and are required to claim a plot, and plots are 10k in the same parish.

Our parish is catching up to Elphin, and once my second village is up and ready I should have more military researches.

Red will attack your second village the same as the first. (That bastard!)

The second village has it's own reset build time. (If you want to set up second villages really fast, build it nearby to ship resources to it, and research village build time decreaser [mine is up to 80%])

Finally, and most importantly, do we have a faction yet? We should definitely form our own. I've learned from Illyriad that random B12'ers are a winning team since we are so good at talking to people on the internet and if that fails, organizing.

EDIT: Akura are you AkuraTDB in player rankings?

EDIT2: Also, the keep shoots over all the walls in your castle, making castellation research more and more valuable the longer it takes the enemy to reach your keep.

I have no experience with killing pits, other than knowing I can't spare that much iron for a ring of them if they aren't very useful. What do they do when a unit runs into them?

EDIT3: I read up on scouts on the stronghold wiki and the more you send the better their chances of succeeding are. Is there anyone who can collect intelligence on Akura's opponent for us? By that I mean someone who put research points into having multiple scouts. It would probably look random since we aren't all affiliated yet, don't let them know you are affiliated with Akura, then forward the report to Akura and he can forward it to anyone else.

Also, Akura, send duuvian a message through Stronghold.

Also, everyone else too, I'll start getting things going.

EDIT4: Wiki says that you need at least level 14 to start a Faction. I'm at 13. Is anyone to 14 yet? I'd be happy to be the one to start the faction, and I pledge the caress of my iron fist in this game shall be mostly benevolent (except to Elphin parish) to anyone not on the B12 forum, and all B12 members shall be equals.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 04:56:56 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: April 13, 2011, 04:59:38 am »

Card?
???

I haven't seen any buyable cards that give RPs, and frankly I'm surprised they're a free random and not just (presumably) one you can get from a Crown pack.

I think it's good the way it is for game balance.

Everyone else, I'd recommend suggesting to your parishes that you might have a target to attack (Akura's opponent) who is probably rich and larger than us and could theoretically be the target of every parish that a B12er is in.

I let mine know that I may have found someone we could attack for everyone's mutual benefit.

Let me know if your parish would like to try attacking someone en masse (the someone being Akura's attacker) with a bunch of other parishes with a stronghold message to duuvian. Basically right now you'd just send me a message so I can gauge how many people would go, so you won't be signing up for anything, just expressing your willingness. Optionally have the people in your parish message me if they'd be interested.

Basically, if we can get a scout report and it looks beatable with what we have, we might as well take some stuff from him until he chooses somewhere else to attack people.

Also, I'll go first.

One thing that would be very useful to know is how far from him you are, that way we can all arrive within a certain time frame when his defenses are not rebuilt yet. If all the attacks landed at once, it would be some serious hurt with minimal losses once there was a path cleared for the melee troops to rush through. I wonder if you lose honor when a player attacks and you lose?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 05:21:11 am by Duuvian »

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:

YouR_DooM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 13, 2011, 05:38:59 am »

I'm at lvl 14
Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the Plant Reed Fibre Thread Technology!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 13, 2011, 05:48:02 am »

I'm guessing I'm wrong here, but Stronghold isn't that intense, graphical game I saw my friend playing once, where you could actually see EVERY SINGLE one of his subjects going about their business, through incredibly detailed buildings and such?? Also, in a dwarf-y touch, you could launch plague-ridden cows at your enemies.
'Cause that, as a free MMO, would get me scrambling for a new PC. :P
I'm guessing it isn't, though?...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 13, 2011, 06:02:35 am »

I'm guessing I'm wrong here, but Stronghold isn't that intense, graphical game I saw my friend playing once, where you could actually see EVERY SINGLE one of his subjects going about their business, through incredibly detailed buildings and such?? Also, in a dwarf-y touch, you could launch plague-ridden cows at your enemies.
'Cause that, as a free MMO, would get me scrambling for a new PC. :P
I'm guessing it isn't, though?...

Try searching google for stronghold kingdoms gameplay videos or something. (I haven't so I can't guarentee your success) That does sound like a Stronghold game though. This game is still in Beta so it won't have as many features as a finished Stronghold game, but it has enough to be fun.

Also I'm running it on a 2005 laptop, it's not too demanding. It takes a short while to load but it runs well.

I'm at lvl 14

If you want to start the faction, that's fine with me. If you'd rather I handle it in <1 week I can do that.

Just please make sure it's spelled correctly and capitalized and stuff, since it's permanent maybe.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 06:12:27 am by Duuvian »

YouR_DooM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: April 13, 2011, 06:11:45 am »

I think you have to be lvl14 to even join a faction, so I guess we are in no hurry.

I'm also in the middle of a faction made by Mr. "I'm 20th in the global leaderboards and I'm punching everyone I want to", so waiting doesn't look so bad after all.
Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the Plant Reed Fibre Thread Technology!
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40