Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Mosquito of Power Mod  (Read 12343 times)

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mosquito of Power Mod
« on: March 14, 2011, 02:36:43 pm »

That's right, with this mod a new creature is added-- The Mosquito of Power (Actual name-- Elephant mosquito). What's that? You want to know what the Mosquito of Power does? Well, I'll Tell you! With this mod, if Armok smiles upon your fort (Read-- If you're in a tropical biome) he may send an elephant mosquito to your fort. When this mosquito sees a dwarf, he will fly over to the dwarf. What happens next? Well, you see, elephant mosquitos are named that because their main meal is pain elephants. So, when a dwarf is bitten, all that elephant power is instantly imbued upon the dwarf!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What? How did I get a syndrome to have positive effects? What are you talking about? I'm not a modder, this is from Armok himself! But if you must know, this is what happens next-- All of the strength of an elephant is given to that dwarf. (And we all know how much strength elephants have *cough*Boatmurdered*cough*) However, because of their tiny bodies, dwarves have a hard time coping with all that strength. So, the affected body part starts to swell (because of all the new strength), the body part gets heavy bruising,  the dwarf is put into extreme pain. What more could you want? Well, I  guess you could *cough*want a download link *cough*
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Re: Mosquito of Power Mod
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 02:38:50 pm »

So it's a giant dorf-killing mossie.

My dorfs have enough problems already!
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 02:40:33 pm »

So it's a giant dorf-killing mossie.

My dorfs have enough problems already!

No, it's an elephant-strength imbuing mosquito. You clearly aren't Dwarf enough. The whole point of the game is Fun.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 07:25:31 pm »

Now with working graphics! (I made them all by mah self)

EDIT: Don't blame me for low quality-- this is straight from Armok himself! (This is the first time I've done pixel art)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 07:48:56 pm by Aramco »

Davichococat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 09:02:59 pm »

When I first saw the title, I became curious, then when I saw 'elephant mosquito', the first thing I thought was a giant mosquito of doom. But this mosquito is a good thing, its like an potion of power, with wings, and mouth... and teeth... ouch

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 09:20:16 pm »

When I first saw the title, I became curious, then when I saw 'elephant mosquito', the first thing I thought was a giant mosquito of doom. But this mosquito is a good thing, its like an potion of power, with wings, and mouth... and teeth... ouch

Yeah, maybe I forgot to change the body parts from the GCS I used as a starting block... (Besides, I don't think the game would recognize 'proboscis' as a body part'.)

EDIT: And for some reason I put a tail on the graphic. Whoops.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 09:30:13 pm by Aramco »

Davichococat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 09:30:02 pm »

[CREATURE:MOSQUITO_ELEPHANT]
   [DESCRIPTION:An elephant mosquito.]

Lol? You just pass the 'X' over an elepant mosquito, press enter to see whats it... 'An elephant mosquito'.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 09:31:12 pm »

[CREATURE:MOSQUITO_ELEPHANT]
   [DESCRIPTION:An elephant mosquito.]

Lol? You just pass the 'X' over an elepant mosquito, press enter to see whats it... 'An elephant mosquito'.

I barely slept this week, I'm not thinking straight...

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 09:37:49 pm »

Update- Added better description, and removed the accidental tail from the graphic.

56Kbit Modem:  1s  · 256Kbit:  1s  · 1Mbit:  1s  · 3Mbit:  1s

Just look at that! Only the best mods can download that fast.

So... any comments? Suggestions? Complaints? Bugs (No pun intended)?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 01:52:49 pm by Aramco »

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 01:14:06 pm »

I have no plans on using it in most of my fortress, but +5 for creativity.
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 01:41:44 pm »

You can totally add proboscis. DO it. All mosquitos need it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 01:43:34 pm »

I don't really know how to go about giving a proboscis, but otherwise I would.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 01:55:40 pm »

There, I gave them proboscises.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 01:59:27 pm by Aramco »

irdsm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 02:01:00 pm »

so, for clarification, does the effect of this mosquitos bite significantly increase the power of the dorf, and is it permanent?

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2011, 02:01:44 pm »

so, for clarification, does the effect of this mosquitos bite significantly increase the power of the dorf, and is it permanent?

No, you can't give syndromes positive effects, but if I could, I would.
Pages: [1] 2