Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: glaze with cut glass (encrust furniture)  (Read 1569 times)

Shandra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
glaze with cut glass (encrust furniture)
« on: March 15, 2011, 08:13:41 pm »

I am not sure whether to put this question here or in DF||general....
In .20 I noticed that sometimes encrusting with glass in a jewelers shop produced a glazed product - I found it especially useful (even if it was just a small chance) for producing different coloured beds. But now with .21 I haven't experienced it any more. So, if that was one of the bugsfeatures  with glazing toady removed - is there any way to allow it again?

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: glaze with cut glass (encrust furniture)
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 08:20:51 pm »

Glazing was included as a generic improvement in .19, which lead to some utterly ridiculous cases.

You can make reactions to glaze with glass, though.
[REACTION:GLASS_GREEN_GLAZE_CRAFT]
   [NAME:glaze crafts with green glass]
   [BUILDING:KILN:NONE]
   [REAGENT:glass:1:ROUGH:NO_SUBTYPE:GLASS_GREEN:NONE]
   [REAGENT:item:1:ANY_CRAFT:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [REACTION_CLASS:CAN_GLAZE]
      [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
      [NOT_IMPROVED]
   [IMPROVEMENT:100:item:GLAZED:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:glass]
   [SKILL:GLAZING]
   [FUEL]

You'll need four (!) very similar reactions for each glass type.  See reaction_other.txt for details on that.
Don't forget to add the reactions to your entity.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 08:24:08 pm by Jay »
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Shandra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 08:29:19 pm »

Thanks, was just going to edit my question to : without making it a dedicated reaction.... just the chance that encrusting may produce a glazed (and colour changed) product (I've read them more as mosaiced or totally encrusted with....); in .20 it was alike to cutting gems may result in crafts being produced. But if thats not possible to reproduce again, well... I think I have a reaction I will add to further updates - but if it has to be a reaction, then well - I think it should belong as in your example to the kiln or to the glassmakers furnace (stripping me of the fantasy of my Expedition Leader/Broker spending his spare time between caravanes in glueing shards to a bed) ;)

P.S.: Damned.... maybe it is time I have think about creating a custom workshop that is using various resources to colorize furniture (ever wondered why there is no make coloured glass (just like the old venetians have done) or such) - but then I never wanted to go into full modding mode (powdering stone types for the resources/pigments/chemicals not there in basic game, etc.))

P.P.S.: Green/Clear/Crystal... what would be the fourth reaction I need to add?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 09:22:09 pm by Shandra »

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 10:01:20 pm »

P.P.S.: Green/Clear/Crystal... what would be the fourth reaction I need to add?
You'll need four (!) very similar reactions for each glass typeSee reaction_other.txt for details on that.

Shandra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 10:48:09 pm »

Ok, I've scanned through it and may miss something there.....
But maybe you got me confused because your reaction is calling crafts and my original question was for furniture....
So I assume you mean that I have to add something alike to [Reaction:GLAZE_CRAFT] but for furnitures there.
Then I can only say that the current WIKI Articles about tokens are somewhat like a mess (but thats ok for the development level of DF2k10) and I really have no idea how to address all products of type "furniture" in a general reaction - or is there no Meta Item Token for furniture and I really would have to address that for each type thereof? More precisely for each type of glass and each type of furniture - sigh.... may I vote to get that featurebug back [because I do not like the thought of a workshop where I have to choose a) material and b) product - but would be rejoicing with something really alike to the jewelers shop - selecting material and then just deciding upon type of product to be addressed]?

« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 10:54:22 pm by Shandra »

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 11:01:56 pm »

I'm talking about glazing (in the same sense that you glaze with ash or cassiterite) with glass in general.

Yes, you'll need one reaction per furniture item, because there isn't an ANY_FURNITURE token like there is for crafts.