Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 678 679 [680] 681 682 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1386454 times)

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #10185 on: December 12, 2014, 05:52:10 pm »

bummer :(

Delta i guess check the community hub discussion forums of any game before you buy  :-\

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10186 on: December 12, 2014, 05:58:58 pm »

STRIFE
STRIIIIFE
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10187 on: December 12, 2014, 05:59:29 pm »

I have most of the ones I already want from GoG, but I felt it was the responsible thing to ask out loud. I remember I made big noise when steam got Freespace 2 only to later learn that it worked less than spectacularly.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10188 on: December 12, 2014, 06:04:56 pm »

« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 12:19:25 am by penguinofhonor »

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #10189 on: December 12, 2014, 06:07:38 pm »

Already own SS2... seriously considering picking up a couple copies anyway.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10190 on: December 12, 2014, 06:34:08 pm »

Auction is back

Apparently, gems you created yourself have been returned, gems purchased from the market have been refunded to your steam wallet, and everyone who traded gems yesterday gets a free copy of CS:GO.

...so I'm guessing anyone who bought hacked gems, converted them to boosters and sold those not only made a big profit off that ($0.03 for the gems, turn into booster pack that sells for $1 or more), but gets the money they spent on gems returned to them.

I suppose they didn't really have any choice about that (I'm surprised they managed to untangle it as well as they did) but it kind of annoys me anyway.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10191 on: December 12, 2014, 07:26:02 pm »

...so I'm guessing anyone who bought hacked gems, converted them to boosters and sold those not only made a big profit off that ($0.03 for the gems, turn into booster pack that sells for $1 or more), but gets the money they spent on gems returned to them.
It was a lot less than you think. Most game booster packs only go for like $.20-.30 each, and the fact that you only had the chance to craft 1 booster pack for each game you had before they shut it down kinda limited it. All-in-all I only ended up with a net gain of like $10, despite crafting a booster for the majority of my 200-odd games. (The amount was also reduced by the fact that the majority of the more expensive boosters/cards are that way because of small supply and a small demand, meaning that their prices depressed pretty quickly during the booster flood).

That said I'm a bit disappointed that I can't craft enough boosters to level all of my badges up to the maximum :P, but all-in-all it didn't turn out that bad IMO.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10192 on: December 12, 2014, 08:32:05 pm »

Should I get The Mighty Eight and I Have No Mouth?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10193 on: December 12, 2014, 08:39:49 pm »

I Have No Mouth is pretty good in my opinion, but personally I would just re-watch Grimith's LP of it.  The gameplay is mostly typical for a point and click adventure, including tedious pixel hunting, except that you also need to complete each character's story a specific way for them to be available in the game's concluding chapter.  It might be necessary to get all but one of them...

So basically it seems like an awful tedious game to actually play, but it's an interesting experience I would recommend checking out on Youtube.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10194 on: December 12, 2014, 08:53:06 pm »

Is I have no mouth based on that sci fi short story?

Cause the short story is pretty great.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10195 on: December 12, 2014, 08:55:28 pm »

Is I have no mouth based on that sci fi short story?

Cause the short story is pretty great.

It's kinda-sorta based on the Ellison story. I remember a lot of stuff getting jumbled but it's been a long time  since I've read up on either and I'm sort of anti-Ellison to begin with so I may be mistaken there.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10196 on: December 12, 2014, 09:04:30 pm »

Same setting, same characters, and some elements implied by the backstory in the original story do get a bit more focus in the video game.  If I recall, Ellison was rather upset at the video game for (minor spoiler) including the (admittedly rather difficult) possibility for a happy ending, but Ellison was pretty much born a curmudgeon.  I read the screenshot LP, and while I probably won't play the game itself, I did find it somewhat interesting. 
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 09:07:31 pm by Culise »

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #10197 on: December 12, 2014, 09:32:47 pm »

Ellison read a nice audio book version too and did the voice of AM in the game.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10198 on: December 12, 2014, 09:35:26 pm »

I heard it has an actual good ending where the book does not. Otherwise it's not too far off.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10199 on: December 12, 2014, 09:56:55 pm »

I heard it has an actual good ending where the book does not. Otherwise it's not too far off.
I've heard to get the good ending you need to do a ton of really specific stuff.

Both true. The story doesn't lend itself to a happy ending easily, and maybe it shouldn't have had one. It is mostly about endless suffering for hatreds sake. I like the story for this difference.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 678 679 [680] 681 682 ... 1133