Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 686 687 [688] 689 690 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1382179 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #10305 on: December 19, 2014, 12:41:02 pm »

I picked up Defence Grid 2.  Hopefully some better deals come soon, that first day didn't have much for me.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10306 on: December 19, 2014, 01:13:24 pm »

Galactic Civilizations III for £11.99? SOLD!

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10307 on: December 19, 2014, 01:33:55 pm »

Door Busters is 50% off today, that was *just* enough for me to grab it even though I dunno when I'll have time to even install it :p

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10308 on: December 19, 2014, 01:46:47 pm »

Steam sales, the time when we all look at our wallets, cringe, and curse ourselves for dumping 200 plus of our currencies into buying all the games we could never need.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #10309 on: December 19, 2014, 01:50:25 pm »

Day 2 front page deals

Valkyria Chronicles -25%
Killing Floor -75%
Borderlands The Pre-Sequel -50%
Castle Crashers -90%
Ryse Son of Rome -50%
Fable Anniversary -50%
Depth -40%
Batman Arkham Origins -75%
Assassins Creed Unity -33%

Flash Sales
Legend of Korra -34%
Deus Ex Human Revolution Directors Cut -80%
Space Base DF9 -66%
Guns of Icarus online -85%
Space Run -66%
Galactic Civilizations 3 -50%

Community
Hack n Slash -66%
Spiderman 2 -55%
Neverending Nightmares -55%
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10310 on: December 19, 2014, 01:58:45 pm »

Sassy Creed: Black Flag is on 75% off in a hiding daily deal as well.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10311 on: December 19, 2014, 02:11:54 pm »

Out of all the asses. The pirate simulator is my favorite.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10312 on: December 19, 2014, 02:17:13 pm »

Nordic Games has returned to GOG for this weekend, until next Tuesday.   Their entire catalog is on sale 90% off until Tuesday, December 23, at 10:59AM GMT.

Announcement: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/weekend_promo_nordic_innout_98503

Games list: http://www.gog.com/promo/weekend_promo_nordic_special_191214

If you want the Gothic series, Full Spectrum Warrior, Red Faction, Silver, Unwritten Tales or a bunch of other games DRM-free this is a ridiculously good price for them.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10313 on: December 19, 2014, 02:57:03 pm »

So, the latest borderlands game is on sale, and that means I'm reasonably sure there's no more content coming out for BL2 in the future. However, the amount of shitty BL2 DLC's makes my eyes bleed. Can someone more knowledgeable tell me if the BL2 GOTY pack includes all meaningful content DLC's? I don't care at all about the skins.

Spoiler: BL 2 GOTY contents (click to show/hide)
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10314 on: December 19, 2014, 03:00:04 pm »

If a game says it's got a EULA, read it before buying.

I stupidly didn't and picked up Valkyria Chronicles. Look at this crap. Any new content you make is theirs. You must agree that you don't own the game you just bought (in pretty much those words) in order to play.

I guess it's not the first time I lied about accepting. Meh.

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10315 on: December 19, 2014, 03:18:49 pm »

So, the latest borderlands game is on sale, and that means I'm reasonably sure there's no more content coming out for BL2 in the future. However, the amount of shitty BL2 DLC's makes my eyes bleed. Can someone more knowledgeable tell me if the BL2 GOTY pack includes all meaningful content DLC's? I don't care at all about the skins.

That's pretty much all you need for bl2 as far as content goes. I think the level cap for that bundle is 61 rather than 72 from the season 2 stuff. All the big expansions are there though, along with the extra character classes. The stuff which isn't included are minor quest hubs which are most valued for the extra mobs that can drop top end gear and the OP level gear grind.
If you just want to play through bl2 and not make it your job to get the best of everything then this is a good deal.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10316 on: December 19, 2014, 03:25:27 pm »

-snip-

If you just want to play through bl2 and not make it your job to get the best of everything then this is a good deal.

Thanks. :) I won't be playing with anyone else and prefer playing all classes over maxing out one, so it sounds good to me. I can always pick up the other stuff next sale if I change my mind.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #10317 on: December 19, 2014, 03:29:56 pm »

Sassy Creed: Black Flag is on 75% off in a hiding daily deal as well.
Oooooooooo

I never played any AssCreed game so I don't really care how much of a "it's not AssCreed game!!1" it is according to fans. There just isn't enough you are a pirate games out there.

Although, AC2 is also on sale and it's pretty cheap AND I've heard it's actually the best in the series... should I get both? Or just AC4?

Never mind, watched TotalBiscuit's video, figured out it's not really what I want(ed) it to be.
Dammit, when will some proper AAA pirate game come around...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 04:21:44 pm by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10318 on: December 19, 2014, 03:33:26 pm »

I stupidly didn't and picked up Valkyria Chronicles. Look at this crap. Any new content you make is theirs. You must agree that you don't own the game you just bought (in pretty much those words) in order to play.

1. You don't own any video game you've "bought", not even the disk ones. But setting that aside, the same exact thing applies to the steam EULA - technically you are buying a subscription to the game. I believe the content thing is relatively standard too, but I'm less sure about that.

2. It does not matter if you "lie" about accepting it's just as legally binding. At least to whatever degree EULAs are legally binding, which I believe is somewhat of a grey area.

That's pretty much all you need for bl2 as far as content goes. I think the level cap for that bundle is 61 rather than 72 from the season 2 stuff. All the big expansions are there though, along with the extra character classes. The stuff which isn't included are minor quest hubs which are most valued for the extra mobs that can drop top end gear and the OP level gear grind.

Yeah, the GOTY is everything you need unless you're one of those people who wants to play it as an MMO and farm up leet epic endgame gears or whatever.

The headhunter packs technically have some sort of story to them, but in reality they are all just wastes of money and you can safely pass them.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10319 on: December 19, 2014, 03:36:25 pm »

Those two clauses are also in the Steam EULA, you didn't have those rights to begin with (Under the assumption that EULAs are legally enforceable, when in practice they often aren't.)
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.
Pages: 1 ... 686 687 [688] 689 690 ... 1133