Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 688 689 [690] 691 692 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1386860 times)

woosholay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #10335 on: December 21, 2014, 02:37:08 pm »

Grim Dawn at -50%, and they released 1 chapter of the third (final afaik) act. It's still a couple of months away from release (half a year most likely) but yeah, neither Diablo 3 nor Torchlight 2 did it for me, so hopefully they'll deliver soon.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #10336 on: December 22, 2014, 02:57:47 am »

If you are interested in Grim Dawn, I'd also suggest checking out Titan Quest (Gold edition, ofc). It's made by more or less the same people and personally I think it does many things just so damn RIGHT.

Now question:
TellTales sale on GamersGate, ending in about 4 hours. Been eyeing The Walking Dead. Season 1 and it's dlc are 82% and 80% off currently. You guys/gals think this is best deal one could get?
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10337 on: December 22, 2014, 05:08:47 am »

80% is likely the best discount you're going to get from the official steam retailers this christmas.

TWD1 is really solid and well worth it at that price. There's some questionable mechanics (which are magnified greatly in the sequel) but it manages to overcome most of its flaws with the storyline and characters.

TWD2  however was a pretty big disappointment to me, in which I could write tomes on what's wrong.
It's not complete bile and can kill ~8 hours but it just doesn't hold a candle to the first game. There's fundamental design flaws/passing issues mostly stemming from the choice of protagonist and relying too heavily on hamfisted emotional pulls. I'd wait for 75% or more before picking it up.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #10338 on: December 22, 2014, 05:40:54 am »

Thanks for the input, I grabbed TW1+dlc. I wasn't even planning on getting TW2 because with 66% off it's still too much for me but now I'll see if I'd like to pick it at ALL. Well, in the end I'm not even buying it for myself so we'll see if the person who'll receive the gift will even like the first season.  ;)
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10339 on: December 22, 2014, 05:42:22 am »

Walking Dead 1's ending made me cry like a little girl.

Walking Dead 2 was a bit of a chore to get through honestly. It kinda meandered everywhere with no real purpose or goal and the only character I actually cared about was the one that came from the first game.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10340 on: December 23, 2014, 03:54:17 pm »

Is steam wonky again or did people actually vote a 1 dollar game for community choice super duper discount instead of either of the more fully priced games?

Age of Wonders 3 Golden Realms expansion is 33% off instead of the usual 20%, still a bit steep but I'm rather hooked on it so I'll probably cave in and get it anyway. And the basegame is 66% if you're interested. It's too flawed for me to recommend it, but I'm having fun with it. For me it's roughly as good as unmodded Shadow Magic.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #10341 on: December 23, 2014, 04:05:25 pm »

Everything else being equal, people will always vote for the lowest price. Not everyone has the money for even a discounted expensive game, so people want to get the price of *something* as low as possible. Psychology, or some such. Yes.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10342 on: December 23, 2014, 04:13:04 pm »

Is steam wonky again or did people actually vote a 1 dollar game for community choice super duper discount instead of either of the more fully priced games?

I guess it depends on whether you want to believe that the votes are not being counted honestly, or believe in the power of dumb people in large groups.

I voted IL-2: Battle of Stalingrad, because I didn't want to see Cthulhu jump out the window again.  :(
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10343 on: December 23, 2014, 04:16:14 pm »

On the topic of community's choice, are there only two choices or is one of them invisible to me because it's not available in my region or something along those lines?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10344 on: December 23, 2014, 04:17:23 pm »

There's three: Bully, Supreme Commander 2 and Contrast.

edit:
For vote, that is. The current community choices are OMSI 2, Orion: Prelude and IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10345 on: December 23, 2014, 04:18:25 pm »

There's three: Bully, Supreme Commander 2 and Contrast.
Looks like bully can't be sold here for whatever reason, then.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10346 on: December 23, 2014, 04:20:44 pm »

It was banned in Brazil according to wikipedia.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10347 on: December 23, 2014, 04:24:06 pm »

South America: Officially worse than Australia
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10348 on: December 23, 2014, 04:40:43 pm »

South America: Officially worse than Australia
I did some research. While about 17 games were ever banned here, apparently Bully is the only one that is still blacklisted (or the only one being enforced, at any rate). It was banned for "violence and corrupt teachers", despite Everquest's ban ("morally corrupting minors") long being lifted.

Still, end of derail. Apparently both Darksiders are on sale, both being -85% (only the second is on the first page, though). I readily recommend either.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10349 on: December 23, 2014, 05:17:41 pm »

Age of Wonders 3 Golden Realms expansion is 33% off instead of the usual 20%, still a bit steep but I'm rather hooked on it so I'll probably cave in and get it anyway. And the basegame is 66% if you're interested. It's too flawed for me to recommend it, but I'm having fun with it. For me it's roughly as good as unmodded Shadow Magic.

The choices were:

Bus simulator
$60 hardcore flight sim
$1 game

Are you really surprised the $1 game won?
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!
Pages: 1 ... 688 689 [690] 691 692 ... 1133