Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 689 690 [691] 692 693 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1380827 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #10350 on: December 23, 2014, 05:56:16 pm »

SupCom 2 is garbage. Vote Bully.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10351 on: December 23, 2014, 06:25:23 pm »

... SC2 is garbage in comparison to SC1. On its own, it's an alright RTS -- not exactly stellar, but not as deserving of scorn as its reputation would suggest.

That said, bully is generally considered the better of the two in overall quality. Probably the better vote.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10352 on: December 23, 2014, 06:40:55 pm »

The original games go on sale all the time. They are far superior and there is zero reason to downgrade with 2.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10353 on: December 23, 2014, 07:32:48 pm »

But... but... muh extremely sappy and terribly written campaign!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10354 on: December 23, 2014, 07:37:53 pm »

Hrm. Anyone here actually played Star Wolves 3? The first two are pretty alright, iirc (it's been a while since I dipped into 'em, but they twing a fond memory string), but I can't recall anything on the third, so it'd be nice to have a... well, first opinion. All three are going for like 7.50 USD total over on amazon at the moment.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10355 on: December 23, 2014, 07:47:41 pm »

I tried either 3 or 2 before crippling error stopped all progression. Good idea, bad programming.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10356 on: December 24, 2014, 05:46:47 am »

The sales get silly sometimes - I have an offer of GTAs 3-4 (with EFLC) at 5.99E, San Andreas and 4 alone also for 5.99E, or only the 3-era games for... 6.24E.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10357 on: December 24, 2014, 01:28:40 pm »

Another X-com sale, another 75% off main game, 67% off DLC "deal"

At this point I don't even care about the $2.40 (or whatever) difference, I'm just too stubborn to pay more for the DLC then I payed for the base game.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10358 on: December 24, 2014, 02:47:40 pm »

It's actually cheaper right now to just pick up the complete pack than it is to pick up all the DLC separately. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10359 on: December 24, 2014, 03:27:06 pm »

Yeah, Enemy Within is more of an expansion than DLC. I'd say it nearly doubles the amount of content while making a few worthwhile gameplay tweeks. Plus it lets you use the Long War mod that more than doubles the strategic and tactical depth, as well as making the campaign a genuine 200+ hour challenge rather than a 2 hour struggle then 10 hour stroll.

The extra DLC in the complete pack is fun as well.

I bought the base game on it's own in the summer sale then bought the complete pack last time it was on sale and have gotten more than my money's worth from it. Even if it was paying £6 just to play Long War it would be worth it.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10360 on: December 24, 2014, 04:15:50 pm »

KotOR has made it to the Android platform and is introing at $5, half off.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10361 on: December 24, 2014, 06:15:39 pm »

It's actually cheaper right now to just pick up the complete pack than it is to pick up all the DLC separately. :P

Yeah, I noticed... 2k games does that a lot and it confuses me.

I owned all the DLCs for civ5 except G+K but I bought the "gold upgrade" (all DLC, no base game) anyway because it was $5 and G+K bought seperately was $7.50 (this was before BNW came out).

I also bought the GOTY edition for borderlands 2 despite owning the game already because it was 10 cents cheaper then buying the DLC seperately

It's like they want to encourage people not to buy the game till the gold game of the year mega edition is out, for some reason.

Anyway I don't really care about the other DLC for xcom (cosmetic crap and some scripted missions that are always the same? No thanks) so I'm just waiting for enemy within to hit $7.50 (or less) so I can say I didn't pay more for it then the base game. I guess I should have gotten in on the 80% coupon thing they had a while back, but I was so sure it would be 75% off on steam soon I didn't bother.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10362 on: December 24, 2014, 07:11:56 pm »

(cosmetic crap and some scripted missions that are always the same? No thanks)
Eh, just my opinion but it's actually worth it.

The cosmetic stuff is obviously fluff, but I feel it adds a lot. Being able to customise your soldiers more if nice when you have larger squads (6-10 in Long War) and rosters (my latest run has more than 50 promoted and in rotation).

The scripted missions are actually pretty enjoyable (IMO) and since most one-off maps enter standard rotation for other missions in Long War they add gameplay even if you turn the missions off. The Confounding Light map from Slingshot is one of my favourites. Long War has also messed with the scripting and timing of the missions so they aren't always as predictable. If you were going to play vanilla then Slingshot does decrease the difficulty of the early-mid game somewhat by giving you a strong bonus soldier and huge pile of resources for ploughing through some fun but fairly easy missions (with one notable exception, and many people who would call me a filthy liar after squad wipes...), which may be a positive or negative depending on your view of things.

Honestly, this is a game where I think the more content the better in general, even if just to serve as additional modding hooks. I looked at how the Long War team used the bonus material and realised I should have just bought it all in the first place.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10363 on: December 25, 2014, 12:02:34 am »

It's possible, but if it doesn't happen by Boxing Day I wouldn't hold your breath. I'd personally recommend Crusader Kings 2. It's much smaller in scale than EU4, easier (IMO) to learn and play, and more focused on individual people and families than nations.

Disclaimer: I have not played nearly as much EU4 as I have CK2.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10364 on: December 25, 2014, 12:05:10 am »

CK2 drops to 75% all the freaking time. In fact, pretty sure it was 75% two weeks ago. Sometimes the entire collection goes for almost nothing on Amazon.
Pages: 1 ... 689 690 [691] 692 693 ... 1133