Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 988 989 [990] 991 992 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1386395 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread: GOG, Steam, Humble, your mom has games to buy
« Reply #14836 on: December 14, 2017, 05:06:45 pm »

Playstation christmas sale, for those of us who play on consoles as well as PC. Not a ton of things but some things that might interest people.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14837 on: December 14, 2017, 06:06:04 pm »

Star Wars Battlefront II (the real one, from 2005) is on sale on Steam for $3.39, and official multiplayer servers are running again.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #14838 on: December 14, 2017, 07:35:31 pm »

PTW
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14839 on: December 15, 2017, 11:06:06 pm »

I retract my endorsement of CoH2 being free right now. I loaded this up and not only does it have frigging loot boxes which your skills and commanders are locked behind, but there's an in game microtransaction store where you can straight up buy commanders for $3 or a single unit skin for $1.

This is hell. Fuck this game.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14840 on: December 16, 2017, 12:43:45 am »

The first game is fun, though. I'm playing it now, there's no loot boxes anywhere.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14841 on: December 16, 2017, 04:53:23 am »

I ever wondered if there were games I would not accept for free. CoH2 is one of them, due to their caricature like, yet seriously intended, depiction of the war.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14842 on: December 16, 2017, 05:30:02 am »

I actually tested CoH2 for a bit (was too late to get into the credits though), and I don't remember the microtransactions, but it has been about 5 years since it was released so maybe I blocked that part out or maybe they just added it. The multiplayer mode was well implemented even though I was never amazing at it.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14843 on: December 16, 2017, 06:45:07 am »

The thing that really irked me about CoH2 was how limited your army was. You could put out, maybe 4 squads(of 4-5 guys at most each) and a tank(and maybe an extra light tank). And building up a force that much severely cripples your resource income, meaning you can't really recover if you get wiped. Oh, and the AI was under no such restriction.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14844 on: December 16, 2017, 07:50:30 am »

I retract my endorsement of CoH2 being free right now. I loaded this up and not only does it have frigging loot boxes which your skills and commanders are locked behind, but there's an in game microtransaction store where you can straight up buy commanders for $3 or a single unit skin for $1.

Yeah, fuck this so much. If I remember correctly, they added the different commanders after launch - whilst they're not 'better' their abilities are somewhat more useful apparently (got a friend who is a big CoH player).

Combine this with it shoving all the other microtransactions in your face and it's just awful. Plus as mentioned, their way of tackling one of the worst war fronts in human history is a bit...off.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14845 on: December 16, 2017, 08:04:35 am »

If it's the setting of Company of Heroes 2 you enjoy (Russia vs Germany), I recommend looking into the Eastern Front mod for Company of Heroes: Opposing Forces.

I haven't played the mod since it moved onto Steam (if you look for it on ModDB it'll be an old version) but it is a well made mod with nice balance and attention to detail from what I remember.

Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #14846 on: December 16, 2017, 02:52:12 pm »

Just uninstalled it.

It gave me an uninstall survey.

What the hell?

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14847 on: December 16, 2017, 02:57:40 pm »

Just uninstalled it.

It gave me an uninstall survey.

What the hell?

as yahtzee says: let's all laugh at an industry, that never learns anything tee hee hee.

if they have to survey why you would uninstall a game after comparing it to its predecessor, they've really gotta be out of touch.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #14848 on: December 16, 2017, 03:49:46 pm »

Or just aiming for people that never played the predecessor. Plenty of folks get sequels/later series games without having played the earlier stuff. Particularly in cases where there's better than half a decade between the first and second, heh.

... mind you, I'd wager even odds the intent amounts to trying to figure out how much they can skimp on features and still fleece younger or less aware (i.e. parents or whatev') consumers, but eh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14849 on: December 16, 2017, 03:55:19 pm »

Gog's having sales. Summoner €1.29, Geneforge saga €3.79, Ultima series €9.54 Serious Sam first & second encounter €1.58, Darklands €1.29 to name a few, if anyone's interested. And if not, just a reminder to check in case there's some obscure old game you've always wanted to try because it might be on a discount.
Pages: 1 ... 988 989 [990] 991 992 ... 1133