Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 989 990 [991] 992 993 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1386484 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread: GOG, Steam, Humble, your mom has games to buy
« Reply #14850 on: December 16, 2017, 04:01:44 pm »

Thing about CoH2 is that I think the shitty progression got shoved in after release (prolly after Sega got their hands on Relic, since a similar system is present in DoW3). If you ingore the horrible P2W shit (and let's be clear, some of the commanders are outright better than others) the core gameplay isn't too different from the original game, and as such is pretty fun for the most part.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14851 on: December 16, 2017, 04:20:44 pm »

Also, if you're just doing AI skirmishes the Steam Workshop has mods that will a) give you the full set of commander skills (maybe in slightly different combinations), and b) provide you with skins if you really want some.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #14852 on: December 16, 2017, 06:01:44 pm »

I dunno, I had a hard time getting in to the CoH2 campaign. Something just felt a little....off about how stuff was scripted, what you were doing. In the CoH campaign the scripting and the way things came across, how your focus shifted around from single unit gameplay to full on gameplay felt well executed and it felt cinematic and right. The gameplay challenge of CoH felt interesting, where like one single corner needed to be approached "just right". You could hold out and turtle and milk a scenario just for funsies.

CoH2's campaign felt a lot less like that. Or maybe I'm just a little more jaded now. But I recall many missions feeling easy and kind of trivial compared to CoH, where they weren't scripted as tightly or as interestingly. I remember some defense missions of CoH were pants-shittingly believably hard. I didn't get that impression so much from CoH2. At least, it's a game I put 20 hours or so in to and then didn't play again, versus the 100+ hours I've put in to CoH outside of map building and testing.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Zale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14853 on: December 19, 2017, 07:55:26 pm »

Oxenfree is currently available for free on GoG.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14854 on: December 19, 2017, 09:56:05 pm »

Also: Kingdom: Classic on Steam is free, as is Layers of Fear on Humble.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14855 on: December 19, 2017, 10:25:44 pm »

Apparently Maniac Mansion is available for purchase on Steam. If you enjoy old adventure games this one is fondly remembered by many. I only played the copy that came in Day of the Tentacle and never finished it since it has fail states and character death unlike later LucasArts adventure games. However, the game features NPCs who react to your actions and multiple endings based on which 3 characters you pick at the beginning so there's some good variety in the puzzles.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #14856 on: December 20, 2017, 12:11:12 pm »

Also: Kingdom: Classic on Steam is free, as is Layers of Fear on Humble.

Note: Free for 24 hours.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14857 on: January 03, 2018, 03:02:41 pm »

Radsoc's Steam Sale Picks:

Xenonauts
http://steamcommunity.com/app/223830

Evil Genius
http://steamcommunity.com/app/3720

Master of Orion 2
http://steamcommunity.com/app/410980 (cheap, but no sale though)

Revolution Under Siege Gold
http://steamcommunity.com/app/374380
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14858 on: January 06, 2018, 09:49:54 am »

Humble Bundle is doing some sort of monthly sub thing (ala Audible) which gives free shit every month. This month you can get Civ6 plus any DLC up to this point for only 12 bucks.

Edit:

Forgot the damn link: https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly?refc=jc35jh
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #14859 on: January 06, 2018, 10:33:51 am »

They've been doing the Humble Monthly thing for a while. Been seeing those referral links everywhere for at least 6 months, lol.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #14860 on: January 06, 2018, 10:40:13 am »

Though... casual anti-advertisement reminder, they're not actually giving out free shit if you're paying a 12 buck subscription for it :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14861 on: January 06, 2018, 10:50:22 am »

Though... casual anti-advertisement reminder, they're not actually giving out free shit if you're paying a 12 buck subscription for it :P
No no, see, that's a "donation." And then they kindly give you games for free in return. It's totally not a sale.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #14862 on: January 06, 2018, 12:35:59 pm »

It sort of is free stuff, since they tell you one game that you pay $12 for and then you get a bunch of random other things :P

Not really free, though. Just a sale.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14863 on: January 06, 2018, 12:47:46 pm »

Should be fair with the refs, to avoid this turning into an endless series of people posting their link ;)

I subscribed for a year back in october. Don't regret it a single bit. Yes, you usually get games that are cheap on sale, and sometimes you get doubles and stuff you won't play (you can use it as gifts). But, for me gaming is a little bit of a hobby, so I have explored lots of new titles which I never would've tested otherwise. Like Orwell and The Long Dark. It also makes me avoid buying games I know I won't play directly as there is a chance it will be in the bundle (like Civ). However, I also see what they do. Their deals are most often a win-win. Most likely they get a bigger customer base by handing out the core game, that can buy their subsequent expansions/DLC (would've waited for gold edition otherwise).
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14864 on: January 06, 2018, 07:51:16 pm »

Last I heard you can actually use your OWN referral link to buy it and it still gives you credit, haha. Unless they fixed it.
Pages: 1 ... 989 990 [991] 992 993 ... 1133