Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1001 1002 [1003] 1004 1005 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1385313 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread: GOG, Steam, Humble, your mom has games to buy
« Reply #15030 on: May 10, 2018, 01:09:56 pm »

A game called "The Flame in the Flood" is free right now on Humble:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/the-flame-in-the-flood

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15031 on: May 10, 2018, 01:32:42 pm »

A game called "The Flame in the Flood" is free right now on Humble:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/the-flame-in-the-flood

Oh hey, that is on my gog wishlist.  Nice.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15032 on: May 16, 2018, 05:40:33 am »

This is dumb. My two newest Steam coupons:

60% off Distrust for Life is Feudal owners
60% off Life is Feudal for Distrust owners

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #15033 on: May 16, 2018, 06:49:56 am »

1nsane is among the summer sales on gog https://www.gog.com/game/1nsane

it's an ok racing game with interesting modes (capture the flag, race to random checkpoint etc) to play, random map generator and decent variety of vehicles. best if you play with friends.

if you get it, I suggest changing the Anims folder in Anims_ to avoid the annoying videos messing with desktop resolution at startup. the graphics are dated but physic is on point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZYhd5Q5aYs

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15034 on: May 16, 2018, 04:37:16 pm »

This is dumb. My two newest Steam coupons:

60% off Distrust for Life is Feudal owners
60% off Life is Feudal for Distrust owners

Similar, a couple weeks ago, I got a coupon for Deadbolt for owning Risk of Rain. Figured I'd buy it, decent enough price. Immediately got a coupon for Risk of Rain for owning Deadbolt.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #15035 on: May 19, 2018, 04:41:45 pm »

Spacehulk: Deathwing is $15 on the Humble Bundle right now for the next day.

It's a vaguely L4D-like where you play Terminators cleansing a Space Hulk of Tyranids and such. It's always looked great, but people had performance problems with it during release and said overall there wasn't enough to do in the game in the long term to justify the $40 price.

So the devs have created the Enhanced Edition, which is a free update to the game. It fixes the performance issues according to Steam reviews, adds more weapons and a customization system where you play maps to earn points to unlock more cosmetics/mild performance tweaks.

I'd wanted this game for a long time but too many things said about it kept putting me off. But with the Enhanced Edition and at that price point, I'm ready to take a look. Google says the Enhanced Edition drops the 22nd of this month.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 04:53:11 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #15036 on: May 24, 2018, 05:36:40 pm »

Steam is having some kind of "spring cleaning" event with various activities - such as "play a game you haven't played in a while" or "give a game you played less than an hour a second chance".

You don't actually have to play the game at all though, just launching it seems to be enough so it's actually just a "launch some random games from your library for 2 seconds" event which seems kind of pointless. I did everything on the list and got a handful of useless emoticons, a background, and a "mystery item" that says it might be used in a future sale.

I'm not really sure if it actually belongs in this thread at all, since there does not seem to be any major sale attached to it. There's a few games with free weekends, but not all of them even have any discount. I ended up posting anyway because I thought some people might be interested though - especially because of "Mystery item".
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15037 on: May 24, 2018, 07:35:49 pm »

Here's a list of the Steam thing's free weekend games:
Dead by Daylight (50 % off)
Cities Skylines (75 % off)
Don't Starve Together (40 % off)
Dirt4 (70 % off. Some rally game)
Left 4 Dead 2 (No sale)
Tyranny  (66 % off)
Borderlands 2 (75 % off)
Shadow of Mordor (60 % off)
Castle Crashers (No sale)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15038 on: May 24, 2018, 09:23:15 pm »

Looks like Galactic Civilizations II is free for a day or so, too.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #15039 on: May 25, 2018, 03:37:42 am »

did they fix castle crasher multiplayer?

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #15040 on: May 25, 2018, 04:16:27 am »

Steam is having some kind of "spring cleaning" event with various activities - such as "play a game you haven't played in a while" or "give a game you played less than an hour a second chance".

I finished all of the quests, except 'Play the first game you ever played in Steam'. Team Fortress 2 would be a 20gb download, and I just don't feel like using the bandwidth and hard drive space.

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15041 on: May 26, 2018, 05:57:07 am »

I finished all of the quests, except 'Play the first game you ever played in Steam'. Team Fortress 2 would be a 20gb download, and I just don't feel like using the bandwidth and hard drive space.

"Play a game recommended by a friend". The only friend I have is the guy that made the big Torchlight 2 mod, and I only friended him to get the steam achievement. Guess I'm installing TL2.

In other news. My first steam game would have been HL2, but when I bought it at the store, the lady put an Episode 1 disc in the box. I installed it, took it back, said I hadn't put the disc in when questioned, and then got a copy of HL2. Apologies to the guy who got the used Episode 1 key. Sorry.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15042 on: May 27, 2018, 03:39:53 am »

TerraTech is 40% off (as well as having a free 12-ish hours from this post), it's a pretty cute little survival/crafting game with the twist being that you're a blocky vehicle and build yourself up from scavanged/crafted/bought parts, fight other similar vehicles, build up a base or five, gather resources and complete faction missions.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15043 on: May 31, 2018, 12:31:24 pm »

Whole bunch of GW stuff is on sale on Steam, some of it pretty heavily discounted. If that's something that'd interest you, it's probably worth taking a look. I grabbed a couple of titles that I'd kinda wanted but only REALLY wanted at a 50-75%-off level. Blood Bowl I Chaos Edition for under $5US was the highlight for me.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15044 on: June 04, 2018, 11:11:09 pm »

Xenonauts free on GoG. Excellent game.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."
Pages: 1 ... 1001 1002 [1003] 1004 1005 ... 1133