Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1009 1010 [1011] 1012 1013 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1385818 times)

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread: Lukewarm Summer Sales
« Reply #15150 on: July 02, 2018, 07:29:14 am »

2) I love almost all Paradox games, but Stellaris makes me hesitant as it's a space game and they all tend to be dull. Is Stellaris as complex as EU4/CK2/HoI4?

Take what I write with a grain of salt. I haven't played Stallaris for some months now and during these months the game has undergone some major changes. Also I haven't played the other games you mentioned so I can't directly compare them.

The rant:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Overall, the game is quite fun. It looks beautiful and the soundtrack is in my opinion amazing, it has enough content to keep you entertained for some time at least and the minor quests/events add a nice touch to your game experience.

Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15151 on: July 02, 2018, 07:54:07 am »

Probably the best way to describe Stellaris's complexity is to say that it's very broad, but not very deep.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #15152 on: July 02, 2018, 01:07:55 pm »

1) I keep running into a bunch of early access games and am wondering what are some early access games that have come out of early access and are finished and good.
Pretty much anything by Klei. They have a stellar record with delivering games through and out of Early Access, and even the stuff that is currently on Early Access is better than quite a few AAA games (see: Oxygen Not Included).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #15153 on: July 02, 2018, 02:18:04 pm »

Also adding Grim Dawn, Divinity Original Sin, (almost) Rimworld, (Almost) Factorio.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15154 on: July 02, 2018, 02:24:01 pm »

Speaking of Grim Dawn, it's also notable for the fact that it's still getting content updates after release.

Forgotten Gods, some time in the second half of 2018.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #15155 on: July 02, 2018, 02:37:15 pm »

Speaking of Grim Dawn, it's also notable for the fact that it's still getting content updates after release.

Forgotten Gods, some time in the second half of 2018.

I only got about 10 hours into Grim Dawn before moving on...I honestly don't remember if it was because I was unsatisfied with Grim Dawn, or just drawn away by something newer. Either way, I've been really wanting to play an ARPG lately, so I may have to give it another chance.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15156 on: July 02, 2018, 08:45:23 pm »

Just an opinion, Grim Dawn wasn't really worth the cash for me. It had all the bad things of diablo 2-era RPG's with added problems on top. Stiff gameplay, too many damage types, online play is nonexistent. The ridiculous array of classes is nice up until you actually need gear for one, and good luck finding what you need. A decent amount of skills don't scale well or at all, and the devotion system is only about 1/4 of what it seems because only the defensive ones are any good.

I racked up quite a bit of playtime in pre-release telling myself surely it gets better but it only got worse over the years. The last time I checked in with the community everyone just downloaded the cheat-stash with every item in it and played that way because it was the only way to get stuff that actually matched your character and each other.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #15157 on: July 02, 2018, 11:16:09 pm »

Alright, so I finally did my Steam Summer Sale purchasing for the year. What I got:
    • Bastion and Transistor, both for 75% off
    • Civ V: Complete, 'cause friends have Civ V and I figure it's nice to get all the DLC for just $12 while I'm at it
    • Skyrim Special Edition + Fallout 4 G.O.T.Y., because I'm probably the last person in the world to buy Skyrim, and I figure this brings Fallout 4 with all the DLC to a decent enough price for me
    • Fallout 3 - GOTY Edition, because I already have New Vegas and now Fallout 4, so I figured I'd get all the 3D Fallout games

I also got my friend the stuff I mentioned in a previous post, plus Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate (since he has both 3 and 4, but doesn't currently have access to his computer that's able to run 4). I wanted to get him more, but I couldn't think of much else that's good that I was sure he could run with his current computer situation.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 11:18:20 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15158 on: July 03, 2018, 03:42:02 am »

My harvest:

- Endless Space 2 Collection
- Freeman Guerilla Warfare
- Battlezone Combat Commander
- HoI Darkest Hour

(- Life is Strange: Before the Storm
- Oxygen not Included
- Don't Starve Shipwrecked)
These games started their sale before the summer sale.

Might pick up the last two missing DLCs for Civ V too. They want too much for Civ VI stuff.

I picked up New Vegas (great game) for about 7 eur many years ago. I hope Fallout 4 will get to that point too, but from what I hear gameplay is somewhat lackluster in comparison.

Of the games I picked up Oxygen not Included has taken all my free time in the last couple of days. That game is amazing.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 05:15:12 am by Radsoc »
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15159 on: July 03, 2018, 09:19:14 am »

I'm at work so I can't see Steam. 

Is Oxygen Not Included $14.99, and does that come with vanilla and DLCs, or is it just one game with extras?

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15160 on: July 03, 2018, 09:42:21 am »

Is Oxygen Not Included $14.99, and does that come with vanilla and DLCs, or is it just one game with extras?

it is still discounted and its just the one game, no dlc yet or anything.

my modest haul has some similarities to radsocs;

Battlezone 98 Redux and Combat Commander bundle
Oxygen Not Included
Deus Ex (the OG) and Deus Ex Invisible War (i had surprising amounts of fun with it when i was younger)
Streets of Rogue
Galactic Civ 3: Intrigue DLC
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15161 on: July 03, 2018, 11:41:07 am »

Twitch prime members will be getting a bunch of free games this month, some standouts include Pillars of Eternity (available now) and Tyranny later in the month.

https://blog.twitch.tv/get-ready-for-the-biggest-game-giveaway-in-twitch-prime-history-52e55aba19eb

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15162 on: July 03, 2018, 02:44:34 pm »

*stares at the bunch of games for sale this Summer Sale*
I am not sure what currently I want at this time, there is no specific genre that I am going for.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 02:47:07 pm by Ultimuh »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #15163 on: July 03, 2018, 05:52:48 pm »

My Steam Summer Sale damage:

Rakuen
OneShot
Dead Cells
Tyranny
Avorion
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Deep Rock Galactic
Project: Gorgon

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15164 on: July 03, 2018, 06:00:49 pm »

My Steam Summer Sale damage:

Rakuen
OneShot
Dead Cells
Tyranny
Avorion
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Deep Rock Galactic
Project: Gorgon

Dead Cells is great - just make sure to play it with a controller! It also gets a lot better as you progress and get more items/weapons as well!
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.
Pages: 1 ... 1009 1010 [1011] 1012 1013 ... 1133