Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1017 1018 [1019] 1020 1021 ... 1132

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1369728 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #15270 on: September 04, 2018, 05:16:07 pm »

Including Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen for $9.89. If for some dumb reason you enjoy RPGs and don't have it yet, go buy it now.
What RPG?

Isn't Dragon's Dogma a fantastical creature rodeo simulator?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15271 on: September 04, 2018, 05:28:21 pm »

One my computer pretty certainly couldn't run worth a damn, if at all *grumbles*

Might be getting a new computer later this year (mostly due to steam's whole "have some extra fuck you, poor bastards still stuck on Vista" thing), but that's later this year :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15272 on: September 04, 2018, 06:03:37 pm »

Including Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen for $9.89. If for some dumb reason you enjoy RPGs and don't have it yet, go buy it now.
What RPG?

Isn't Dragon's Dogma a fantastical creature rodeo simulator?

More like a suicide simulator if you're trying to godsbane yourself to an appropriate class ring/band pre-Daimon with chests 19 and 20 in the Vault of Defiled Truth. Less frustrating than stealing from the gorecyclops at least, since you just have to clear out the Cockatrice and any Garm that show up when you do the clear rather than continually throw away mountains of cyclops bits, so you're still mostly fighting instead of running to and from a load door.

I've popped a good 30ish Lv2/3 gears trying to get a band or ring with Brain Splitter. So far not even a single Strider one at all, literally all the class ones were for Magic Archer or Ranger. It's honestly more aggravating than Everfall godsbaning for a 2% item and getting literally every other 2% item in the droptable before it. >.>

Did feel good because I happened to check a Strider pawn and it turned out to have a sensible setup and a bunch of gold/silver dragonforged gear on, still staying viable 15 levels after I hired it. Gonna give that dude something nice for their pawn not being another fucking Nexus/Guardian braindead gimp with a 0-star princess suit.

e: But folks, don't mind the ranting about farming lategame gear, buy the game.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #15273 on: September 06, 2018, 06:40:46 pm »

Big Paradox sale happening on Steam. So if you were waiting to grab anything on sale...
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15274 on: September 07, 2018, 03:05:55 am »

Big Paradox sale happening on Steam. So if you were waiting to grab anything on sale...

You mean "usual Paradox sale happening where discounts haven't changed for 5 year old products."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15275 on: September 07, 2018, 02:46:46 pm »

Depressingly, most of their recent DLC has "Mixed" Steam reviews, usually bemoaning their high price for lackluster content. There's a lot of stuff I'm sort of interested in that probably isn't worth it, even on sale.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #15276 on: September 07, 2018, 03:11:44 pm »

Meh, as of late steam reviews are unreliable because all of a sudden some gaming club somewhere gets angry because they did not like the price, or the translation, or the lack of translation, or that it offended their political beliefs,and they mass downvote
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15277 on: September 07, 2018, 03:15:45 pm »

The EUIV: Empire Founder Pack is very much worth it.

Can't see the exact prices for the CKII bundles as they automatically show you the value sans DLC that you own.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #15278 on: September 07, 2018, 03:59:58 pm »

Only the steam bundles. Paradox packs dont substract.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15279 on: September 07, 2018, 06:27:48 pm »

Looking at the history of the price of CK2 dlc over steam.db makes me rather sad. The discount used to be 66% but after the price hike, even though they brought the base price back down, the discounts are now only 50%. With a game with as much dlc as Crusader Kings, that extra 16% really made a difference. I'll probably be buying some of it anyway (I got the base game for free after all), but not as much as I'd like. It doesn't look like they're ever going to bring back the old discounts so there isn't really any point in waiting for a better sale.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #15280 on: September 07, 2018, 07:01:16 pm »

Huh, I always associated the decrease in discounts with the change in format for Steam sales.

Also, Paradox tends to have better discounts on their website's store. They had a lot of their games at 75% of in the last month or so.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 07:08:34 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15281 on: September 11, 2018, 02:42:44 pm »

Endless Space 2 is 66% off on Steam for two days, with all content but the latest expansion 50% off (or 66% off bundled).

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15282 on: September 18, 2018, 11:24:23 pm »

So if anyone was interested in Dreadnought, I've picked up a founder pack, which includes a set of invite keys that'll give people a couple hero ships, cosmetics, and a small sum of premium currency.

It's a team arena vehicle shooter in the World of X vein, but with spaceships (for general aesthetic, think Homeworld). FWIW I decided to give them money after about eight hours of gameplay, both because it's satisfying and because it lacks that P2W stink you get off of WoT and Warthunder. It's crunchy, fairly balanced, and really fills the void of big ships blasting seven kinds of hell out of each other. Nice variety of environments (everything from low-altitude over forested canyons to amidst a ruined deep-space station) which provides a surprising amount of tactical depth, thanks to three-dimensional movement.

There's a fair amount of nuance on the hanger side of things. Each ship has primary and secondary weapons which server different roles; the former is hardlocked to the chassis, but the second will usually have at least an upgrade and occasionally an alternative mount. Additionally, each has four module slots--typically each will have two or three options--that serve different roles, including: direct damage from torpedoes, missiles, autoguns, &c.; point defense; disabling enemy modules; healing; speed boosts; &c. Which ones are available vary between chassis, but tend to be grouped by class. There are also four perk slots per chassis which provide conditional boosts.

Beyond that, in-match you can also divert your (limited) supply of power to engines, weapons, or shields, which boosts the first two and raises the third, draining in the process, so you've got the additional layer of energy management on top of gunplay, 3D maneuvering, and module management to help push the skill ceiling up.

Ship classes are broken down into five sets:
1. Corvettes, which are small, fragile assassins. Most have a set of speed boosts, a few have cloaks, all have short-ranged guns with extremely high burst damage, and all will pop like soap bubbles if you sit still. They can kill pretty much anything fairly easily in one run except a Dreadnought, but pretty much anything can kill them fairly easily with a dollop of situational awareness and a balanced module load.

2. Destroyers, which are predominantly JOAT gunboats capable of laying down decent damage, taking decent hits in return, and outrunning most things that aren't corvettes. They often have damage boosting modules. A few can mount plasma rams, which are exactly what they sound like, and are capable of killing most ships outright, provided you surviving the charge, don't miss, and don't get disabled.

3. Tactical Cruisers, which are predominantly healers. Some can mount nasty stuff like stasis beams capable of locking down enemy ships. Fucking obnoxious if they're smart enough to position well and nobody on your team is competent enough to nail them with a corvette run.

4. Artillery Cruisers, which are exactly what they sound like. Though not in a WoT sense. They tend to have limited firing arcs, low magazine capacity, long reloads, and low health. On the other hand, they have the longest effective ranges, though if they sit scoped in all the time they're easy picking for countersnipers and corvettes. Or really just about anything that can get up closer without being noticed, since they generally can't shoot backwards or take many hits. Tend to have things like cloaks, emergency thrusters, and armor boosters to help escape bad spots.

5. Dreadnoughts, the eponymous class. Big ships, big guns, big health pools, big targets. They're the most common class to see warp jump modules, which can be used either for blind jumps in a direction to get out of danger or targeted jumps to warp right on top of enemy ships. With proper support they're incredibly tough, but they can melt in seconds if caught unawares by, say, a sneaky Destroyer with two weapon boost modules and full energy. Tend to have high per-shot damage, but at fairly short ranges, too. Some have fun shit like tractor beams.

They're slated for official Steam & PS4 launch later this month, and the game itself is F2P, so I thought I'd give y'all a chance for free shit.
Here's the open beta cinematic trailer, and here's a trailer from last year with actual gameplay starting at ~2:40, to help ya get an idea as to whether it's up your alley.

Consider this offer of free shit to be me taking the opportunity to shill for a criminally underplayed game. First come first serve, PM me. I need whatever email address you use to sign up for the game, since for some idiotic reason they've set it up so that I have to enter those on a friend invites page instead of just having a set of codes to give out.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15283 on: September 19, 2018, 05:06:39 am »

That looks nifty, I'll have to check it out later when I get off work.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15284 on: September 19, 2018, 05:54:48 am »

Told my PS4-owning friends about this. Looks like it would be excellent fun with a group of IRL friends.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 1017 1018 [1019] 1020 1021 ... 1132