Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1018 1019 [1020] 1021 1022 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1386699 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #15285 on: September 19, 2018, 06:38:36 am »

Excellent! Oh yeah, and best part is, rather than queuing up for a single life with a single vehicle, you set up fleets of five ships and can freely swap to different ones each time you die. That, and the process of unlocking new ships is to research and buy a given number of modules on their predecessor and spend a paltry sum of exp to unlock the next ship (seriously, like 20% of a single module on the ship that leads to it). There's no actual purchase cost for new ships, and once you've unlocked them you can freely swap all of them in and out without having to buy or sell them.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15286 on: October 01, 2018, 11:56:37 am »

GOG's got 10 year anniversary sale, and October 4 they'll have a giveaway of either:
Shadow Warrior 2
Firewatch
Superhot
depending on community vote
(link to voting)

The birthday bundles seem pretty good as well:
- For 5 USD: Theme Hospital, Dungeon Keeper 2, System Shock 2, and Another World
- 10 USD: Owlboy, Homeworld Remastered and Dragon Age: Origins
- 25 USD: Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Battle Chasers: Nightwar, and Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15287 on: October 01, 2018, 01:24:23 pm »

Ooh, thanks for flagging. I knew there was a reason I never got around to buying all three of the games in the $25 bundle.

As to Dreadnought: Flying Dice, how would you say the match civility is? I used to play WoT, MWO, etc., but found higher tier gameplay to be a little too toxic and sweaty for my tastes. From the videos I've seen of gameplay Dreadnought looks like fun, but I'm leery of getting into another game of that genre.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #15288 on: October 01, 2018, 02:59:05 pm »

Thinking that's just part and parcel of high level competitive MP gaming these days. The more rivets there are to count or are a part of gameplay, the higher percentage of high level players will be total dicks about it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15289 on: October 01, 2018, 08:31:17 pm »

Yeah, probably. But an entity can dream...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15290 on: October 01, 2018, 09:00:32 pm »

An entity can also aggressively mute everyone <3
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #15291 on: October 02, 2018, 12:26:59 am »

Is aggressively muting when you mute someone, but also lets them know you're muting them? Or is that passive aggressive muting?
Love, scriver~

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15292 on: October 02, 2018, 03:50:43 am »

Passive aggressive, probably. Aggressive is just muting everyone before they can start jabbering. It's the first step of any match if the game doesn't provide options to do it for you.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15293 on: October 02, 2018, 12:31:25 pm »

What's that thing where you loudly tell someone you're muting them but then keep mentioning it (LOL IS X STILL TALKING ABOUT ME?) and nobody's terribly sure you actually muted them? Falsely passive aggressively muting? Indirectly aggressively muting?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #15294 on: October 02, 2018, 01:15:20 pm »

That just makes one a drama queen.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15295 on: October 04, 2018, 07:39:18 am »

As to Dreadnought: Flying Dice, how would you say the match civility is? I used to play WoT, MWO, etc., but found higher tier gameplay to be a little too toxic and sweaty for my tastes. From the videos I've seen of gameplay Dreadnought looks like fun, but I'm leery of getting into another game of that genre.

It's been quite gentle honestly. Of course part of that is likely down to the playerbase being relatively small with fewer total asshats to run into. The only real problem is that the lack of players  in Legendary queue means you run into premade 3-mans in Veteran queue who are in comms and running maxed out T4s, which can generate a little salt. That's just a problem of player pool size though, as you'll likely see them several times close together during non-primetime hours.

I think it also helps that matches aren't one-and-done on lives, as two thirds of the anger I saw in WoT/WoWS was either related to deaths or coming from dead players.

e: Also just sent off the last code for it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15296 on: October 04, 2018, 10:51:40 am »

Shadow Warrior 2 won the giveaway thing on Gog, so you can get it there for free right now.  :)  I enjoyed the first one, hopefully the second one is as fun.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15297 on: October 04, 2018, 08:48:36 pm »

An hour or two in, I'll say it's not quite the same. As one of the comments on its GOG listing says, it's more Borderlands instead of Bioshock. Still enjoying it so far though.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #15298 on: October 04, 2018, 10:04:27 pm »

I'm having a problem with some GOG games where they don't run at all, or get stuck during launch. Given that I've found NOTHING on this, not even other people complaining leads me to believe it's my Windows 7 install, since none of this happened beforehand.

Which is a shame, because I played Shadow Warrior 2 at a friend's account in this machine back when it launched and considered it awesome.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15299 on: October 04, 2018, 11:35:54 pm »

An hour or two in, I'll say it's not quite the same. As one of the comments on its GOG listing says, it's more Borderlands instead of Bioshock. Still enjoying it so far though.
That's my thoughts as well.

Edit: Except I don't like loot simulators like Borderlands. Just can't be bothered with them. So while I finished Shadow Warror 1, I couldn't even stomach half an hour of 2. Your mileage may vary depending on how you like these kinds of mechanics.
Pages: 1 ... 1018 1019 [1020] 1021 1022 ... 1133