Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1033 1034 [1035] 1036 1037 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1386311 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #15510 on: December 12, 2018, 07:40:03 pm »

Added Foxhole to my Steam wishlist yesterday and it promptly went on sale.
Also... holy carp, there's a tonne of stuff on my wishlist that is heavily discounted. I'm gonna have to look at this in more detail.   

Edit: oh okay, apparently it's having a huge update today, hence why it's on special I assume.   
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 11:37:51 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15511 on: December 13, 2018, 12:34:00 am »

If you haven't been to Green Man Gaming for a while, there are two pretty neat things going on - Mix 'n' Match and Credit + Packs.

The latter seems like it'd pretty much always be "worth" it, as long as the dice don't roll badly. I've got several of the games already but 1) I've got a problem and 2) they make good gifts.

Is the latter (C+P) a straight up gift card with random keys as a purchase incentive? Happen to know if the credit can be used on anything in the shop-- specifically, PSN cards?

Edit: Yep, it works on PSN cards, so you can basically use this to get a pile of random free keys, assuming you don't have any better incentive deals for them available. Got a pile of random stuff (mostly mixed reviews on Steam), plus Aporia: Beyond the Valley which is Very Positive. Was kind of annoying though, as I applied the GC to my account and had to contact support to get it actually applied.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 12:19:36 am by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15512 on: December 13, 2018, 12:42:11 am »

Gift card is a standard gift card that adds to the wallet of whoever redeems it. Random keys are in addition to it.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15513 on: December 13, 2018, 01:22:29 am »

If you haven't been to Green Man Gaming for a while, there are two pretty neat things going on - Mix 'n' Match[...]
I'm disappointed by this one:
It looks like most of the games in the list have been discounted to $2 before, so you most likely have them if you wanted to play them.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15514 on: December 13, 2018, 07:55:38 am »

I'm... sorry that the cheap game site is selling those games for the new lowest price ever?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15515 on: December 13, 2018, 09:04:01 am »

I'm... sorry that the cheap game site is selling those games for the new lowest price ever?
As well you should be!

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15516 on: December 13, 2018, 11:12:59 am »

Gog is having their winter sale.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15517 on: December 13, 2018, 12:08:25 pm »

Seeing some good ones there. Spent a few cents over $15, and got all three original XCOMs, Imperialism 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Fragile Allegiance, and Metal Fatigue which I've been waiting for so long to show up on GOG since the... "questionably obtained" copy I had has long since ceased to work. Also from spending $15, I got the free copies of Everspace and Fantasy General(I already own, so spare key).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15518 on: December 13, 2018, 09:11:42 pm »

Any chance I could get that spare fantasy general key?
E: Thanks for the key Akura!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 09:15:06 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15519 on: December 14, 2018, 09:42:16 am »

So this LEGO hobbit thing, free until tomorrow I think.

http://www.humblebundle.com/store/lego-the-hobbit

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15520 on: December 14, 2018, 09:43:16 am »

Paraphrasing from something I saw on Reddit, free is a good price for 2/3 of a game that will never be finished.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15521 on: December 14, 2018, 10:32:00 am »

I dunno, it said "while supplies last", and I'd rather not take a copy that someone else would've gotten more use out of.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #15522 on: December 14, 2018, 11:22:18 am »

Had a coupon pop up in steam for 66% off something called Book of Demons. Seems to be some sort of Diablo/deck-builder cross. Anyone have any experience with this one yet? Worth throwing a few dollars at? Or is this one of those that would just clutter up my steam library for no reason?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15523 on: December 14, 2018, 12:27:46 pm »

Early reviews are positive, there's a free demo to try it before you buy it, and the 66% coupon combines with the 20% launch discount they're already running.

I ended up getting the coupon too, and the game's been sitting in my wishlist/watchlist on Steam for quite a while... But before I could use the coupon myself, scriver bought the game for me as an early Christmas present!

I remember being interested in it a long time ago, hence the wishlisting to keep an eye on it... I completely forgot what my reasons were, though. I'm just going to guess that I had the right idea.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #15524 on: December 14, 2018, 01:22:40 pm »

Ah, a Demo. Perfect! I missed that when I skimmed the steam page. Thanks!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 1033 1034 [1035] 1036 1037 ... 1133