Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1034 1035 [1036] 1037 1038 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1385529 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #15525 on: December 14, 2018, 02:15:02 pm »

Had a coupon pop up in steam for 66% off something called Book of Demons. Seems to be some sort of Diablo/deck-builder cross. Anyone have any experience with this one yet? Worth throwing a few dollars at? Or is this one of those that would just clutter up my steam library for no reason?
I played it half a year ago, so quite likely a few updates have happened in the meantime. Going by what I remember, it's a cute lil' game, with really fun art direction (that somehow looks better than in the trailers) and a not overly serious attitude to what it's doing.
It was a bit simple in the gameplay department when I played it. By design, the game restricts your character to moving along almost literal rails - meaning, if there's e.g. a straight corridor, you can only move forward or back along the predetermined track. On the one hand it's kinda sensible streamlining, on the other it hammers in how simplistic Diablo-clones actually are. I think the illusion of freedom is important to maintain to keep the player interested.
Anyway, I finished the game with, apparently, 14 hours spent. While I don't expect to ever launch it again, it's good fun for the price, methinks.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15526 on: December 14, 2018, 07:32:37 pm »

Based on a post I saw from the devs elsewhere, you get the coupon if you have Darkest Dungeon. (And if you get Book of Demons without owning DD, you get a pretty hefty coupon for that, too.)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #15527 on: December 14, 2018, 08:39:37 pm »

If you feel like making yet another account and installing yet another storefront, epic games is giving away subnautica and super meat boy away for free until dec 27th, and jan 10th respectively.

Edit: forgot a link: https://www.epicgames.com/store
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15528 on: December 14, 2018, 08:55:54 pm »

If you feel like making yet another account and installing yet another storefront, epic games is giving away subnautica and super meat boy away for free until dec 27th, and jan 10th respectively.

Edit: forgot a link: https://www.epicgames.com/store

Alternatively, if you jumped on the fortnight train cause of some normie friends you had, then it's just free period. You use the same account.

I should note that super meat boy will only officially become free on the 28th. Waiting 14 days shouldn't be a problem though.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15529 on: December 15, 2018, 01:30:38 pm »

Humble has some good bundles right now. $1 for wurms, interplanetary, and penarium.

And then there is the Yogcast bundle, which has $800 dollars of games, some of which look pretty good, for $35. It's certainly a tempting use of any money I get over Christmas.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15530 on: December 15, 2018, 03:41:13 pm »

Hard not to get a dollar's worth of entertainment out of Interplanetary. It's like space pool, only the pockets are inhabited enemy worlds and the pool cue is however many weapons you managed to build on yours. The upgrading and aiming part is turn-based, but it switches to realtime simulation to actually show your death shrapnel curving through space towards an enemy world that is also curving through space. And also sending death shrapnel at you and each other.

There's also tech and a visibility arms race to focus on or ignore seeing and denying vision of your major buildings (important for precision weapons, not so much for just hurling mass drivers and hoping they hit something nice). The infrastructure game, focused as it is upon complete murder and/or avoidance thereof, feels pretty neat.

So yeah, definitely worth $1 if you're into any of that at all.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15531 on: December 17, 2018, 01:31:04 pm »

Both Geneshift https://store.steampowered.com/app/308600/Geneshift/ and Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion https://store.steampowered.com/app/204880/Sins_of_a_Solar_Empire_Rebellion/
are free to keep until the 19th on steam.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15532 on: December 17, 2018, 02:16:18 pm »

Humble seems to be having an AssCreed week too and holy hell Odyssey is already at half off, and it's been out for what, two months now? They must be really raking in those microtransaction dollars if they are letting it go for this cheap this soon. Strangely enough tho, no Origins, but pretty much every other game from the series (and holy crap there's loads of them) is up there.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15533 on: December 17, 2018, 02:21:37 pm »

Humble seems to be having an AssCreed week too and holy hell Odyssey is already at half off, and it's been out for what, two months now? They must be really raking in those microtransaction dollars if they are letting it go for this cheap this soon. Strangely enough tho, no Origins, but pretty much every other game from the series (and holy crap there's loads of them) is up there.
From what I can tell from the Steam pages, Odyssey also doesn't require Uplay to run, just a Ubisoft account. Not sure what the difference is, honestly, but there ya go.

Uplay has been pretty much the main reason I haven't hopped onto the AssCreed games on Steam yet. Same for everything else they insist on smearing it onto.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15534 on: December 17, 2018, 02:34:26 pm »

Afaik, all Ubi games require Uplay, tho, even if it doesn't it's got Denuvo and VMProtect, so be wary of letting those shitgibbons onto your system.

Also, origins is on humble too, I just can't read and didn't realise there was a second page with it xd
AS - IG

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15535 on: December 18, 2018, 09:55:20 am »

Speaking of Ubi, Anno 1602 is 100% off until the 23th.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #15536 on: December 18, 2018, 10:06:54 am »

*Sigh*

Guess I’ll go get it, then. I already have uPlay on my laptop anyway.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15537 on: December 18, 2018, 01:49:22 pm »

The old Anno's regularly go for a couple bucks on GOG and don't require any online service.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15538 on: December 19, 2018, 06:04:42 am »

XCOM2 and the DLC's are 75% off today on Steam
AS - IG

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #15539 on: December 20, 2018, 03:38:56 pm »

Winter sale is happening. The gimmick this year is you just click on a thing and get the rewards you would have had to play some mini-game or clock time in other games to get. I prefer it this way.

As for the sales, seems pretty tepid just looking at my wishlist. Safely in the 25% to 33% off for most games, including ones that have been out for a good long while.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 1034 1035 [1036] 1037 1038 ... 1133