Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1035 1036 [1037] 1038 1039 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1386736 times)

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #15540 on: December 20, 2018, 04:42:02 pm »

Yes, didn't notice any big changes from earlier. Battle Brothers is still at 40% etc. Project Hospital is at a measly 25%. Key DLCs for other games at 33% or less.

However, I picked up Banner Saga 3 for what's a reasonable price when completing the Trilogy bundle. For the previous games it's been 1€ an hour basically, which still might be too expensive, but at least it's a series and experience I remember. + mac support and about what my laptop can handle, so ideal laptop game for the winter right there.

Picked up a couple of 1-2 eur games off my wishlist like Psychiatrist Simulator and the latest DLC for Syrian Warfare too. Small or no discounts, but helps you over card thresholds.

IL 2 Battle for Moscow is 66% off, which would have been tempting if I had already played Stalingrad in my library. :P

Lastly, Green Man Gaming has some so called VIP VR deals which are an additional 12% off with their code. E.g. Superhot and Arizona Sunshine. Reasonable prices, about 10£ each.

"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

cider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15541 on: December 20, 2018, 04:46:39 pm »

Nearly everything on my wishlist is at least 50% off so I'm certainly not complaining.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15542 on: December 20, 2018, 04:51:57 pm »

About 50% off all Train Sim 2019 DLC. Go go go.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15543 on: December 20, 2018, 06:26:09 pm »

Notably, this is the first time when the complete DLC collection might actually be cheaper than a real train.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #15544 on: December 20, 2018, 08:59:59 pm »

Notably, this is the first time when the complete DLC collection might actually be cheaper than a real train.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15545 on: December 20, 2018, 09:12:31 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15546 on: December 20, 2018, 10:32:08 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So I was curious and... you can get a third of a one of those big flat platforms or a quarter of a coal car for as much as the full DLC set.

Edit: Oh wait, this open-top container thing is cheaper than that coal car.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 10:35:31 pm by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15547 on: December 20, 2018, 10:41:37 pm »

Hey, mock it all you want. They know their market and are clearly successful. Those train guys be loaded.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15548 on: December 21, 2018, 01:48:36 am »

Yeah, I've known train dudes who've spent far more than four grand on the non-digital kind.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15549 on: December 21, 2018, 02:26:32 am »

And "trainspotting" is a... reasonably common thing, for those not aware, and is literally what it sounds like.
There are worse hobbies.

There's a hiking trail near me in which the deepest weave approaches a train track.  My mom and I are looking forward to seeing a train pass by, someday.

Oh right this is the Sales thread.  Well... memes aside, I think most Train Sim fans don't buy much of the DLC, just what they're interested in.  Total DLC price can be funny, but doesn't necessarily mean the game is bad.

*I* don't have it, I'd rather waste my time in Euro Truck or Viscera Cleanup Detail.  Or something more meaningful, depending on mood.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15550 on: December 21, 2018, 06:08:24 am »

What  the fuck? Peole spend more than 4k on model trains? A freackig digital game cost as much as that?!!!

With that amount we would not only be put of here sooner than you can say poof, but also certainly have lots to spare to help other people dramatically improve their lives.

On topic, Blizzard is having its sale, 33% on discount on StarCraft, a presale on Warcraft 3 remastered, the ninja-kunfu-diamond-special-but-not-so-much-as-to-cost-4k edition, and I don't care about the rest.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15551 on: December 21, 2018, 06:35:02 am »

What  the fuck? Peole spend more than 4k on model trains? A freackig digital game cost as much as that?!!!

With that amount we would not only be put of here sooner than you can say poof, but also certainly have lots to spare to help other people dramatically improve their lives.

On topic, Blizzard is having its sale, 33% on discount on StarCraft, a presale on Warcraft 3 remastered, the ninja-kunfu-diamond-special-but-not-so-much-as-to-cost-4k edition, and I don't care about the rest.

I don't really think it's right to judge people on what they spend their money on - especially when it's all relative; 4k may seem like a ridiculous amount to you, but if that's your one true love in life then it's nothing. People spend way more than that on cars/holidays/etc.

I've got a friend who's ex-air force, he spent a few hundred on the planes he used to fly in DCS as it was the closest thing to be being back in the cockpit - I don't think that's a waste when it was the thing that made him happiest.

As mentioned, for this kinda thing people often only buy 1-2 DLCs rather than the whole bundle as well. I think it's different when the base game costs a ridiculous amount (and the Paradox model of the game being incomplete without the £/$100s expansions), but for this kinda 'model' game I think it's different.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15552 on: December 21, 2018, 06:39:19 am »

Basic sets of rolling stock (i.e. an engine and related support cars with maybe 1-4 cargo/passenger cars) can run $80-200+. High-quality models can cost $300+ for a single locomotive or car. You also have the costs of terrain, structures, miscellaneous filler pieces (trees, boxes, &c.), the tracks themselves, the mechanical components of the tracks (switches, the electricals, &c.), plus the tables/shelves/whatever else you use to support it.

If it helps, think of it as non-violent 40K in terms of how much people can end up spending. Some people spend a few hundred bucks on a simple setup that they keep in their den. Some spend thousands on acres of track and dozens of train sets. The game, as Rolan said, is like that. Most people aren't buying all the DLC, just like most people don't have a small warehouse dedicated to their build.

And honestly, compared to the costs faced  by gearheads, skiers, &c. for their hobbies it's not very steep.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15553 on: December 21, 2018, 07:32:52 am »

Well, sure is relative, but  for me, this is madness!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #15554 on: December 21, 2018, 08:31:10 am »

Well, sure is relative, but  for me, this is madness!

Man, rich people in the 19th century purposefully built ruins because it was popular at the time.

Rich people do crazy things, man. I for example have opted to use my wealth to enable myself spending all time indoors playing drugs instead of doing anything that actually matters to me.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 1035 1036 [1037] 1038 1039 ... 1133