Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1039 1040 [1041] 1042 1043 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1386783 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #15600 on: January 04, 2019, 11:23:56 am »

Hey y'all, what's the deal with Nuuvem? Is it legit/trustworthy? Do they give Steam keys when you buy shit?
I saw Bomber Crew mentioned in another thread and was reminded how hyped I was when I first saw the game, ages ago, and according to Isthereanydeal the cheapest current price is through something called Nuuvem. Of course, I could always sleep on it a bit longer if the site isn't reliable. Just have to somehow forget how sweet the game looks again...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15601 on: January 04, 2019, 11:30:42 am »

Hey y'all, what's the deal with Nuuvem? Is it legit/trustworthy? Do they give Steam keys when you buy shit?
I saw Bomber Crew mentioned in another thread and was reminded how hyped I was when I first saw the game, ages ago, and according to Isthereanydeal the cheapest current price is through something called Nuuvem. Of course, I could always sleep on it a bit longer if the site isn't reliable. Just have to somehow forget how sweet the game looks again...

Never heard of Nuuvem and after looking into it it looks very dodgy - their Facebook page has 673,225 likes and 674,529 followers...and only one post from 2017. They've got a huge twitter following, but these days it's pretty much impossible to tell with how easy it is to fake likes/followers.

I'd be very wary and probably just go for one of the more mainstream stores.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15602 on: January 04, 2019, 11:40:35 am »

I found it specious as well, given how closely it seemed to copy Steam's design.

However, in my research it appears to be a south american store, particularly for brazil, but that still sells internationally.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15603 on: January 04, 2019, 11:44:34 am »

Nuuvem is fine. It's a legit store. IIRC a lot of their stuff used to be locked to South American IPs because they were so much cheaper.

I've bought from there multiple times in the past using a VPN. It's not a key reseller or anything.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15604 on: January 04, 2019, 11:45:01 am »

The /r/gamedeals subreddit has a harsh view on key resellers and other shady sites. Nuuvem is listed by them as a safe, authorized seller. Good enough for me.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15605 on: January 04, 2019, 11:57:21 am »

Well, I decided to take the plunge and bought it.
Everything worked smoothly, even if their website was a tad janky. Redeemed the key successfully and am downloading it now!
It remains to be seen what they do with my data, but I probably wouldn't notice in any case what with the constant barrage of ever-more-awful spam that piles up all over my internet existence.   

Thanks for your input, everyone!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15606 on: January 04, 2019, 06:08:39 pm »

More coupons for Udemy courses. EDIT: originally I posted the whole batch thinking all were free. Seems like only the first few were free, the rest were like 90% off, but plenty of things on Udemy are currently 90% off for the new year sal so you can pick and choose those if you wish. These ones are definitely free:

The Complete Video Production Course - Beginner To Advanced
Flawless Post Production in a Click with 5 Lightroom Preset
Premiere Pro CC for Beginners: Video Editing in Premiere

So if you want some chops on video editing, here are some pro courses normally costing $200 each.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 06:20:54 pm by Reelya »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #15607 on: January 04, 2019, 11:24:17 pm »

Humble Bundle has a sale this week on everything Idea Factory.
If you're interested in some passing decent RPG's with cute/ecchi aesthetics, there's a whole lot of them heavily discounted right now.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15608 on: January 05, 2019, 12:07:05 am »

Bomber Crew is currently "free" through the twitch prime promotion, as well as hyperlight drifter and a few other games, though that doesn't really help you now, sorry.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15609 on: January 05, 2019, 12:09:26 am »

Ah well, I have a feeling I'm going to get more than my money's worth from this game anyway!
What is the twitch prime promotion, exactly? I've never used Twitch.
Booze is Life for Yoink

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15610 on: January 05, 2019, 12:53:57 am »

Ah well, I have a feeling I'm going to get more than my money's worth from this game anyway!
What is the twitch prime promotion, exactly? I've never used Twitch.
Basically, if you have Amazon Prime, you can get free twitch prime, or you can purchase a Twitch Prime membership. As a perk of having Twitch Prime, they give away sets of games on a monthly basis for the Twitch game platform. This month the games are Republique, Bomber Crew, Orwell seasons 1 and 2, hyperlight drifter, as well as a devolver pack of games including hotline miami. Also Warframe gives you free stuff on a fairly regular basis through twitch prime.

The only downside is that you can only link one amazon account to a twitch account, so you can't keep doing free months of amazon prime to get twitch prime unless you keep making twitch accounts too which just gets silly.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15611 on: January 05, 2019, 01:36:27 am »

Interesting! Wait, are the games locked to the relevant Twitch Prime account ala Playstation Plus, or do you get to keep 'em indefinitely?
Booze is Life for Yoink

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15612 on: January 05, 2019, 06:01:07 am »

Redout is some 80ish% off on Steam today. If you liked Wipeout this is basically that but new. Also has a bloody demo of all things :O
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15613 on: January 05, 2019, 11:48:38 am »

Almost forgot this one i had bookmarked. Udemy C++ class for free (normally $200). Good thing i decided to clear out all my bookmarked crap.
Pages: 1 ... 1039 1040 [1041] 1042 1043 ... 1133