Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1043 1044 [1045] 1046 1047 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1382628 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #15660 on: January 28, 2019, 04:34:10 pm »

Broforce is indeed great to play drunk on couch with a friend. Extreme levels of bro.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15661 on: February 01, 2019, 06:36:04 pm »

I've never heard of a game called Kholat before. All I can tell you is that it's free for a limited time on Steam.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15662 on: February 01, 2019, 10:18:02 pm »

I've never heard of a game called Kholat before. All I can tell you is that it's free for a limited time on Steam.
Looks like pretty typical indie horror fare: "walk around dark place collecting notes and running from jumpscare spoopy monster".

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15663 on: February 01, 2019, 10:20:56 pm »

Looks like pretty typical indie horror fare: "walk around dark place collecting notes and running from jumpscare spoopy monster".
For people who are on a data cap, keep note that it's not even worth the space. The game is prone to sudden, extreme lag from poor optimization and the gameplay is ultra repetitive
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15664 on: February 01, 2019, 10:26:30 pm »

I really enjoyed Cryaotic's LP of it...  Maybe more than I'll enjoy actually playing it.  I thought it looked pretty good though, and ran just fine on his computer 4 years ago.  My housemate's a fan of creepypasta style stuff, and he's playing it tonight, so I guess I'll see what he thinks tomorrow.  There were a couple of parts which I remember being quite pretty and spooky.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #15665 on: February 04, 2019, 01:38:38 pm »

It's time for yet another Steam Sale.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15666 on: February 04, 2019, 01:50:23 pm »

...And there is absolutely nothing on sale that I want. Also not sure how I feel about Steam's gimmick for this sale.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15667 on: February 04, 2019, 01:54:56 pm »

Damn it, I bought what I missed in the Endless Legend/Space series (had their own sale), just before the sale started.

What's not on sale that would be nice:
Obra Dinn
Beat Saber

Technically it would be a 5 Eur sale, but might as well pickup on-sale games and get the 5 anyway.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15668 on: February 04, 2019, 01:56:52 pm »

So, I can buy a 50kr discount with 15,000 tokens, and I get new tokens at a rate of 145 per 10kr spent...

That means I only have to spend... 1,034kr to earn a 50kr discount! Awesome!

EDIT: Can I buy one of the baozi in the background? That's really the only thing I want.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #15669 on: February 04, 2019, 05:53:52 pm »

Went and got myself Immortal Redneck, Strafe, and Amid Evil.

Of these three I decided to try Immortal Redneck first and holy crap it's amazing.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #15670 on: February 04, 2019, 07:43:24 pm »

Picked up Call of Juarez. The gunslinging is... honestly quite good, though my stealth skills mean my experience as Billy Candle so far consists of him basically murdering a whole bunch of people while he himself runs from someone who thinks he's a murderer (and this murderer pursuer himself has murdered a whole bunch of people, but they knew that he was there before they died so I guess it's fair play?).

I also love the fact you can use physics objects to hurt people. You don't even have to kick or throw them - all you do is stand in front of your target holding the object in question, before swinging your mouse in a manner that causes the object to collide with the target. Repeat until ded.

Also picked up episodes 1 and 2 of Half-Life in addition to Half-life 1 and all its variations (Source, Blue Shift, and Opposing Force). So now I can try out that Half-Payne mod that people brought up a while back.

Finally, I got Sid Mier's Pirates. I've heard good things about that game. Haven't yet tried it, though.

Also, some of the older Hitman games, The good Star Wars Battlefront 2 (You know, the one from 2006?), Fallout 3, Dishonored, Dust: An Elysian Tail, some of the Metro games, some of the Dead Rising games, some of the Disgaea games, Prison Architect, Death Road to Canada, Into The Breach, XCOM 2...

Ok, as it is with these kinds of sales, it's too much to make a full list, but there's plenty of games on sale, and maybe some of them aren't too terrible? The general populace seemed to like some of them, at least...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15671 on: February 04, 2019, 07:57:55 pm »

Pirates! is a fun game that kind of goes all over the damn place. It's a sandboxy environment and progression scheme that seems to be under the impression that it's an arcade game, high scores and all.

Beware the war canoes, they are made from long planks of fast.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15672 on: February 04, 2019, 08:17:37 pm »

The secret of Pirates! is to have a fast flagship and basically don't get hit.  Trading hits is slow and expensive.

You want to board the enemy ship, naturally, but once you've practiced the swordfighting a bit you usually don't need to soften them up much.  Your crew gives you moral support, and you have to win before they're all disabled, but the focus is on your duel.

It's a really fun game!  I wish the ground battles went a bit faster, but the tactics are surprisingly engaging.  Never let cavalry attack you, *always* strike them first and preferably from a prepared trap.  Buccaneers are vital for weakening the enemy, then melee those enemies to destroy them.  Your officer squad is brutal, but don't expose them to enemy fire.

Oh yeah and the HL series is a good grab, as is Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2006) (I still can't believe their naming system, I'm far more upset about that than the microtransactions).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15673 on: February 04, 2019, 08:54:05 pm »

The secret of Pirates! is to have a fast flagship and basically don't get hit.  Trading hits is slow and expensive.

I remember playing the NES version on an emulator, and my basic strategy was sail circles around enemy galleons in a sloop or barque and pincushion them to death, or if the wind wasn't in my favor, board. Bigger ships were either sold, or used to haul loot.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15674 on: February 05, 2019, 08:38:22 am »

I remember playing the NES version on an emulator, and my basic strategy was sail circles around enemy galleons in a sloop or barque and pincushion them to death, or if the wind wasn't in my favor, board. Bigger ships were either sold, or used to haul loot.
The PC version has a bit of upgrades compared to the consoles. Cannon fire is per 2 cannons and not just a lump, so bigger ships have a wider firing pattern and more chances to hit. Ideally you want a ship of the line, which is the biggest and oddly pretty much fastest ship. The pinnances hold almost no cargo and less crew.

Boarding is a bit, odd. Crew is your hit points, but mostly you are trying to knock the captain back a set number of spaces. You can manage perfectly well by yourself, so long as you never get hit.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 1043 1044 [1045] 1046 1047 ... 1133