Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1046 1047 [1048] 1049 1050 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1385308 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #15705 on: March 01, 2019, 09:11:01 pm »

dlh.net has free Steam Keys for Lego: Lord of the Rings

https://www.dlh.net/en/gaming-news/60844/more-free-steam-keys-we-got-20-000-free-steam-keys-for-lego-lord-of-the-rings-now-.html

You have to register / login, then hover above your profile name, click "Steam Keys" from the drop-down, then click the blue "get your steam key" button for the game that's on offer at the moment. BTW the pop-up to reveal your key might not work with Adblocker.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #15706 on: March 06, 2019, 03:13:23 pm »

Tom Clancy's The Division - Gold Edition is 90% off on Uplay.

Yes, I know. It's Uplay.

All the same, it's only $10 (and Uplay, I get it), but I've heard good things about it, and apparently even solo play can be fairly fun (I'm talking about The Division, and not Uplay, of course).

Since it's the Gold Edition that's on sale, all DLC is included.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15707 on: March 06, 2019, 03:17:25 pm »

That's the one that had the people queuing up to questgiver NPCs on release, right?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #15708 on: March 06, 2019, 03:55:06 pm »

Da’s the one.

I believe a sequel is close to release, also.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15709 on: March 06, 2019, 04:03:15 pm »

Da’s the one.

I believe a sequel is close to release, also.

So would that be The Division II or The Division 1/2?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #15710 on: March 06, 2019, 04:07:49 pm »

The Divison 2.

Evidently the first season was not so good, they’ve been relegated. /sports
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #15711 on: March 06, 2019, 04:27:25 pm »

Just pointing out that they, Ubisoft, feel their three year old shooter, which really didn't stand up for long after the initial hype, is worth 90$.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #15712 on: March 06, 2019, 08:59:40 pm »

Just pointing out that they, Ubisoft, feel their three year old shooter, which really didn't stand up for long after the initial hype, is worth 90$.
FWIW that is the "Gold version" with all the DLC. The base game's standard price is $30, so its more like 66% off the base game, and the DLC is included.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15713 on: March 07, 2019, 04:54:59 pm »

Tom Clancy's The Division - Gold Edition is 90% off on Uplay.

Yes, I know. It's Uplay.

All the same, it's only $10 (and Uplay, I get it), but I've heard good things about it, and apparently even solo play can be fairly fun (I'm talking about The Division, and not Uplay, of course).

Since it's the Gold Edition that's on sale, all DLC is included.

It was a weird one for me - I got it a long time after release when all/most of the DLC came out and all the bugs/major issues had been ironed out. I really tried to get into it, but after about 4-5 goes I realised that to me it just felt like a really sub-par version of something like Watch Dogs or Splinter Cell. It's like if someone made one of those games, but then added loads of grinding and fetch quests.

I think it's one of those games that would be great if you had 3-4 friends to play it with regularly. I've heard loads of people say how great the combined tactics can be as you can do some really good stuff with all the abilities and different weapons, but to me it just felt like a pretty bad third person shooter. On top of that, the difficulty seemed way off - it was either an absolute cakewalk or an impossible slog-fest. I spent loads of missions just in a constant reviving cycle or others where we just wandered to the exit.

Again, if you've got a few people to play it with it'd be a great tactical co-op game, but otherwise don't bother in my opinion.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #15714 on: March 07, 2019, 04:59:35 pm »

There are shorter and worse SP campaigns for 3rd person shooters that you could end up paying more for.

But yes. The most fun I had in the Division was playing with a buddy. Followed a close second by solo exploration during the campaign. But if you've played any Ubisoft game in the last decade, the "go collect 6 different varieties of shit hidden across the map" is going to be painfully familiar. And the end game to me is an absolute wash, because there's no exploration left to do.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15715 on: March 07, 2019, 05:40:21 pm »

Slime Rancher is free on the epic games store for the next while.   For those that can stomach installing yet ANOTHER game launcher.  ;)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15716 on: March 07, 2019, 06:57:59 pm »

Slime Rancher is "eh".

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15717 on: March 07, 2019, 07:29:24 pm »

It's wholesome fuzzy/wobbly fun tbh. It's not going to change your life or anything, but it's damn good for some unwinding and general mellowness.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15718 on: March 07, 2019, 09:08:09 pm »

I think it's worth a look at the price of free.

Also really popular with the ladies, or so I'm told.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15719 on: March 08, 2019, 04:03:14 am »

There are shorter and worse SP campaigns for 3rd person shooters that you could end up paying more for.

But yes. The most fun I had in the Division was playing with a buddy. Followed a close second by solo exploration during the campaign. But if you've played any Ubisoft game in the last decade, the "go collect 6 different varieties of shit hidden across the map" is going to be painfully familiar. And the end game to me is an absolute wash, because there's no exploration left to do.

I'd agree that it wasn't terrible (although I didn't finish it) but with so many games out there (and better ones that scratch the same itch) I find it very difficult to recommend unless you have a few friends to play with regularly.

With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.
Pages: 1 ... 1046 1047 [1048] 1049 1050 ... 1133