Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1047 1048 [1049] 1050 1051 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1385386 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #15720 on: March 08, 2019, 06:54:09 am »

In a rather suprising move, Blizzard and GOG.com have worked together to release Diablo on GOG.com.
There's the option between the original game with some patching so Diablo works with 4:3 on modern computers as well as the option of a more modified, Direct X version with things like different resolutions, refresh rates, v-sync, gamma, anisotropic filtering and anti-aliasing MSAA 8x.
There's a better write up on the changes in this article from Ars Technica here.

Something I think it nicer than those graphical changes is it comes with PDF copies of the manual which features artwork by Samwise and Metzen. I have a softspot for Blizzard manuals, particuarly the Starcraft one.

The original version also allows you to set up multiplayer matches over Battle.net while the GOG updated one has apparently some more options.

I really enjoy Diablo 1. Maybe not as much as Diablo 2 but the atmosphere and semi-random nature of the games quests makes it quite enjoyable to play through multiple times. Though the GOG version sadly doesn't come with the Hellfire expansion, as unofficial as it may be. It would be nice to have it for completions sake, even if it is odd in quite a few places.

Also, apparently this is only the beginning, as Blizzard is planning on releasing both Warcraft 1 and 2 on GOG.com sometime in the future.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15721 on: March 08, 2019, 07:04:25 am »

Oh wow, that's actually really neat. And yeah, the old manuals were also definitely something.

Very much an unexpected move, but it's a nice one to see.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #15722 on: March 08, 2019, 07:26:31 am »

Warhammer: Vermintide 2 is once again discounted, at 60% and having a free weekend. Sadly the DLCs are not discounted, it seems.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #15723 on: March 08, 2019, 10:06:24 am »

Sweet. Anyone want to kill some vermin?
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #15724 on: March 08, 2019, 01:16:03 pm »

In a rather suprising move, Blizzard and GOG.com have worked together to release Diablo on GOG.com.
There's the option between the original game with some patching so Diablo works with 4:3 on modern computers as well as the option of a more modified, Direct X version with things like different resolutions, refresh rates, v-sync, gamma, anisotropic filtering and anti-aliasing MSAA 8x.
There's a better write up on the changes in this article from Ars Technica here.

Something I think it nicer than those graphical changes is it comes with PDF copies of the manual which features artwork by Samwise and Metzen. I have a softspot for Blizzard manuals, particuarly the Starcraft one.

The original version also allows you to set up multiplayer matches over Battle.net while the GOG updated one has apparently some more options.

I really enjoy Diablo 1. Maybe not as much as Diablo 2 but the atmosphere and semi-random nature of the games quests makes it quite enjoyable to play through multiple times. Though the GOG version sadly doesn't come with the Hellfire expansion, as unofficial as it may be. It would be nice to have it for completions sake, even if it is odd in quite a few places.

Also, apparently this is only the beginning, as Blizzard is planning on releasing both Warcraft 1 and 2 on GOG.com sometime in the future.
I got it and I can confirm they didnt really remaster it very much :/  feels rrally clunky.

Playing freeablo with the original files felt better
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15725 on: March 08, 2019, 11:18:55 pm »

I got it and I can confirm they didnt really remaster it very much :/  feels rrally clunky.

Playing freeablo with the original files felt better

It did seem from the article that the graphical changes made things more blurry than improving them. Pixel smoothing is kind of an odd thing to me, it just seems to lose the sharpness and small detail making it fuzzy and indistinct.
Without (Intiger Scaling)
With (MSAA, AFx16)

Without (Intiger Scaling)
With (MSAA, AFx16)
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15726 on: March 08, 2019, 11:40:40 pm »

dlh.net current has free Steam keys for point and click adventure Deponia. You need to make a dlh account, log-in, click your user-name then it'll have a drop-down with the free steam keys.

https://www.dlh.net/en/gaming-news/60843/free-steam-key-giveaway-get-your-deponia-steam-key-right-now-.html

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15727 on: March 09, 2019, 10:30:32 am »

This website scares me, because it didn't have me make a password

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15728 on: March 12, 2019, 02:25:31 pm »

Latest Humble Strategy Bundle has some interesting games for $15:

• Niche
  • Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation
  • Offworld Trading Company
  • Stellaris
  • Plague Inc.
  • Civilization 6

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15729 on: March 12, 2019, 03:44:09 pm »

Any opinions on the Offworld TC?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #15730 on: March 12, 2019, 05:58:58 pm »

I really enjoy playing it every so often, although I mainly play against bots in the campaign because fast paced RTS games aren't something I'm good at.

I also like that its a fairly unique game, afaik. Its basically an RTS. Except instead of trying to build a strong army and use it to kill your opponents, you're claiming and producing resources on Mars to buy out your opponents.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15731 on: March 12, 2019, 06:25:24 pm »

For that matter, is Civ 6 worth it? Most of the negative reviews are apparently about Take-Two stealing your personal information.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #15732 on: March 12, 2019, 06:30:50 pm »

For that matter, is Civ 6 worth it? Most of the negative reviews are apparently about Take-Two stealing your personal information.

I like Civ 6 more than Civ 5, personally. More engaging and the district system really makes cities feel distinct from one another. Honestly, it's my favorite since 3.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15733 on: March 12, 2019, 07:55:21 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 04:08:52 pm by dragdeler »
let

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15734 on: March 12, 2019, 08:19:12 pm »

I like Civ 6 more than Civ 5, personally. More engaging and the district system really makes cities feel distinct from one another. Honestly, it's my favorite since 3.

and multiplayer is a lot better.

AI seems better too, though me and my friend aren't the best gamers out there so can't say much more than that. But in Civ 5, even hardest AI was easy to beat for us, and we are having trouble keeping up in civ 6 with just the default normal AI

As for multiplayer. Instead of losing hours of progress if someone disconnects or game crashes, it autosaves every turn. So all you have to do is load the save and get right back to it.

Wonders aren't easy mode cheat anymore. Can only build so many wonders around a city, and AI often gets them as well. No more every wonder of the entire world for one city anymore (because of districts). Also wonders look epic on the game map

You also have to keep people happy. Had to do it in other civ games, but in civ 6 its almost like a grand strategy way of doing it. You need to get amenities for your people, by building certain districts or getting luxury goods.

There are also other things to keep track of, but I don't remember it all.

Only complaint I suppose is once a district is built, you can't tear it down. So you are forever stuck with that district. Kinda annoying.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 08:20:59 pm by Trolldefender99 »
Pages: 1 ... 1047 1048 [1049] 1050 1051 ... 1133