Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1063 1064 [1065] 1066 1067 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1386792 times)

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #15960 on: June 14, 2019, 10:42:13 am »

GOG's summer sale is nearing its end and they've got Toonstruck, a 1996 point and click adventure, for free for the next 46 hours.(Claim from their frontpage)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15961 on: June 16, 2019, 08:02:41 am »

This seems wrong somehow but apparently you can get the Handsome Pack (Borderlands 2 + all DLC and the Pre-sequal), for 97% off at the moment. Since I already own Borderlands 2, the mechromancer and the psycho packs it shows up as $8.09 AUD when not discounted it's actually about $285 AUD for everything.

The majority of this is character skins and costumes but there's a fair amount of mission packs as well.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #15962 on: June 16, 2019, 08:51:42 am »

Hey, that's the cheapest the Pre-Sequel has ever been even without the DLC for it and all the Borderlands 2 stuff added on. And it's cheaper than the Borderlands 2 GOTY bundle. I probably won't have time to play any of them for a while, but couldn't help grabbing them for $6.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15963 on: June 16, 2019, 12:32:30 pm »

Yeah well worth grabbing for that amount - I never got far in the pre-sequel and I can't imagine playing it for a long time, but sometimes I get an urge for borderlands style jokes and shooting and it's good to know I have the absolute collection of it all if I want to.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15964 on: June 20, 2019, 01:49:17 pm »

So Paradox is doing a summer sale or something. It's funny because it's only on their storefront? So you can get their games and DLC to use on Steam but you gotta go trough the Paradox plaza, since they're all on their regular price on Steam/GOG
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #15965 on: June 20, 2019, 05:28:07 pm »

They're probably trying to get more people to use their own store, plus the Steam summer sale is coming up and they'll probably have stuff discounted then.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #15966 on: June 20, 2019, 06:54:04 pm »

They're probably trying to get more people to use their own store, plus the Steam summer sale is coming up and they'll probably have stuff discounted then.
They're also selling in BRL now, as an aside for the roughly half-a-dozen URSAL members in the forum.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15967 on: June 22, 2019, 11:34:33 pm »

Right now, the Deus Ex franchise is having a massive sale. You can buy the original classic for a dollar, or you can buy all of the dues ex games ever released (including the new ones) for around $11.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15968 on: June 23, 2019, 12:39:16 pm »

Right now, the Deus Ex franchise is having a massive sale. You can buy the original classic for a dollar, or you can buy all of the dues ex games ever released (including the new ones) for around $11.

Where at? The original was pretty good, despite looking very dated.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15969 on: June 23, 2019, 01:02:00 pm »

Steam
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15970 on: June 23, 2019, 01:18:46 pm »

Not just Deus Ex, almost all of Eidos's catalogue. Are there any others worth picking up cheap? Like, has Thief aged well enough to be worth a dollar? Any of the Just Cause nonsense similarly worth a pittance for mindless scenic distraction? Or to show how attenuated my taste is, are there any Tomb Raider games that'd actually be worth a fraction of retail prices for a few hours' diversion, as I've never played one in my life?

(Obviously not much of an 1stPS/3rdPS fan any more, but well-made ones can still be entertaining if they're cheap enough that they feel like mental junk food.)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 01:22:36 pm by E. Albright »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15971 on: June 23, 2019, 07:56:35 pm »

Not just Deus Ex, almost all of Eidos's catalogue. Are there any others worth picking up cheap? Like, has Thief aged well enough to be worth a dollar? Any of the Just Cause nonsense similarly worth a pittance for mindless scenic distraction? Or to show how attenuated my taste is, are there any Tomb Raider games that'd actually be worth a fraction of retail prices for a few hours' diversion, as I've never played one in my life?

(Obviously not much of an 1stPS/3rdPS fan any more, but well-made ones can still be entertaining if they're cheap enough that they feel like mental junk food.)

Buying old games off Steam is usually a bad idea. They may not work and/or may rely on old online systems for authentication. Also, if you try it, find out it doesn't work, and ask for a refund, they will refuse (depending on your current country).

Otherwise, Thief is an interesting series of games. They're sort of puzzles, where you choose some starting equipment, and you try to steal everything you can while working through the story (by finishing levels). Maybe a bit like hitman, without killing?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15972 on: June 24, 2019, 02:17:55 am »

Not just Deus Ex, almost all of Eidos's catalogue. Are there any others worth picking up cheap? Like, has Thief aged well enough to be worth a dollar? Any of the Just Cause nonsense similarly worth a pittance for mindless scenic distraction? Or to show how attenuated my taste is, are there any Tomb Raider games that'd actually be worth a fraction of retail prices for a few hours' diversion, as I've never played one in my life

Just Cause is definitely worth a look. Think GTA open world, but you're an agent assisting rebels to overthrow a third-world banana republic / right-wing dictatorship.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #15973 on: June 24, 2019, 03:29:22 am »

Buying old games off Steam is usually a bad idea. They may not work and/or may rely on old online systems for authentication. Also, if you try it, find out it doesn't work, and ask for a refund, they will refuse (depending on your current country).

Otherwise, Thief is an interesting series of games. They're sort of puzzles, where you choose some starting equipment, and you try to steal everything you can while working through the story (by finishing levels). Maybe a bit like hitman, without killing?

Not sure why you'd spread misinformation - you can refund steam games in the first 2 weeks, as long as you have not played 2 hours. The process is automated and works everywhere.

Furthermore if a game won't work at all the reviews will usually mention it, and a lot of times there's workarounds in the forums to get them to work (especially if you're still on win7). So it's relatively safe to buy old games on steam as long as you check the reviews/forums first and make sure it works for you in the first 2 weeks after you buy it.

Anyway - my opinion on eidos games:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15974 on: June 24, 2019, 04:52:03 am »

Makes me a bit sad that Blood Omen 1 is so difficult to get hold of... Fun little top-down murderbath, and it was the introduction of my favorite vampire!

Also on the Eidos bundle list: Startopia. Frequently referred to as "Dungeon Keeper in space", which is about as accurate as it is inaccurate. Very fun game with lots of charm, an awful combat system, and a pretty goddamn rocking soundtrack (and this coming from someone who absolutely does not listen to electronic music styles). Mucky Foot, you will be remembered fondly...

Dungeon Siege is a funky old RPG with some curious mechanics, and while aspects of it have definitely not aged well at all, I spent a great many hours playing the original. One of the game's selling points was that there were no loading screens when moving from area to area, the entire game from start to finish is a "seamless" journey through a changing world (which of course just means that the seams are somewhat cleverly hidden)... Which is interesting from a mechanics point of view, but doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot when you're playing (except it is actually kinda fun to sorta "realize" that you've moved into a different portion of the game now, by seeing that the environment has transitioned to something new).

It's also necessary to play about 5 minutes in order to recognize that the Uwe Boll movie has absolutely fuckall to do with the game. As one might expect.

And of course, there's Daikatana...

Just.

Fucking.

Daikatana.
Pages: 1 ... 1063 1064 [1065] 1066 1067 ... 1133