Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1065 1066 [1067] 1068 1069 ... 1132

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1369999 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #15990 on: June 25, 2019, 04:57:47 pm »

Their gimmick for this sale is one of the stupidest things yet. Also only finding a few things that are on sale enough to consider buying.

No purchases yet, but am considering: Prison Architect, GTA5, Far Cry 4. Trying to spend very little here since I'm moving into a new home soon, plus planning for significant PC upgrades after that.

Hilariously, the store page is suggesting Assassin's Creed: Odyssey and Pathfinder: Kingmaker due to recently playing games tagged for "Sexual Content".
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #15991 on: June 25, 2019, 06:38:29 pm »

EDIT: YOU SAW NOTHING, THIS TOTALLY WASN'T SUPPOSED TO GO ON THE OWN THREAD
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 08:15:34 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15992 on: June 25, 2019, 07:52:29 pm »

I plan to pick up Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic with the 5 dollar discount you get with 15k tokens with the summer event. Turning 18 USD for it to 13 USD which is an amazing price for the game.

Seeing someone recommend it above as well, on top of the positive reviews and my type of game...seems like probably best choice especially for that price

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #15993 on: June 25, 2019, 08:35:53 pm »

I've been trying to pick up a few games, but I keep getting an "error initializing transaction" message on the checkout screen no matter what I do. Anyone else experiencing this?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15994 on: June 25, 2019, 08:44:29 pm »

I've been trying to pick up a few games, but I keep getting an "error initializing transaction" message on the checkout screen no matter what I do. Anyone else experiencing this?

Is that still going on? The people with this error recommend waiting to buy anything. Some people use steam wallet funds, but their card gets charged instead. Or it doesn't go through and automatically gets refunded to the bank.

Lots of issues right now. Hopefully tomorrow when I get workers and resources it'll be ironed out

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15995 on: June 25, 2019, 08:47:12 pm »

I plan to pick up Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic with the 5 dollar discount you get with 15k tokens with the summer event. Turning 18 USD for it to 13 USD which is an amazing price for the game.

Seeing someone recommend it above as well, on top of the positive reviews and my type of game...seems like probably best choice especially for that price
Seem like you are already playing the game.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15996 on: June 25, 2019, 08:49:05 pm »

? no not yet, I don't own it until tomorrow. I haven't got the 5 dollar token prize thing yet. Maybe you are seeing someone else play it?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15997 on: June 25, 2019, 08:57:07 pm »

? no not yet, I don't own it until tomorrow. I haven't got the 5 dollar token prize thing yet. Maybe you are seeing someone else play it?
You are already managing your resources like a worker on a communist regime  ;D
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Sime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15998 on: June 26, 2019, 02:10:47 am »

I'm thinking of getting Tabletop Simulator on discount,  mostly to try the board game of This War is Mine.     It looks better than the video game.  A more dynamic and random environment, with much more narrative.  And without the unnecessary timer of the video game.

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15999 on: June 26, 2019, 09:49:34 am »

Their gimmick for this sale is one of the stupidest things yet. Also only finding a few things that are on sale enough to consider buying.

No purchases yet, but am considering: Prison Architect, GTA5, Far Cry 4. Trying to spend very little here since I'm moving into a new home soon, plus planning for significant PC upgrades after that.

Hilariously, the store page is suggesting Assassin's Creed: Odyssey and Pathfinder: Kingmaker due to recently playing games tagged for "Sexual Content".

In a similar boat.  Been looking through and right now the only thing I'm super tempted to buy are the DLC's for Don't Starve since it just released a new one and they're all discounted, even the new one.  Also, I've had Assassin's Creed Odyssey on my wishlist since I was able to add it to my wishlist, and I swear it's gone on sale more times than any of the other games on my wishlist, and some have been sitting there for a decade now.

And Finally, saw this and made me chuckle and scratch my head.  You know someone messed up when buying all the games in a bundle is more expensive than buying them individually:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16000 on: June 26, 2019, 10:37:06 am »

Bunch of warhammer 40 and FB (AoS DOES NOT EXIST) in discount at Steam.

Also most resident evils too. Oh well is summer sale anyway.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16001 on: June 26, 2019, 04:59:21 pm »

Just realized Far Cry 4 forces Uplay, which it apparently installs with FC4. Is Uplay as vile as I'm assuming it to be, or is it worth dealing with the extra stupid work to make a Uplay account?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16002 on: June 26, 2019, 05:06:35 pm »

Honestly, Uplay isn't a huge deal, it's ~mostly~ unobtrusive.  The only thing I don't like about it is that I can't find an option to prevent it from popping up when I exit a game.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16003 on: June 26, 2019, 05:56:16 pm »

I second NullForceOmega.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16004 on: June 26, 2019, 06:59:41 pm »

Uplay is pretty low impact. And you get earn some "perks" for games if you play them long enough.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 1065 1066 [1067] 1068 1069 ... 1132