Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1067 1068 [1069] 1070 1071 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1385647 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16020 on: June 30, 2019, 03:34:22 pm »

True that. But if you have any decent capacity, I believe in three to five minutes you can jug 2k Soda.. making it 20k points. And the discount voucher is 15k points.
I've even heard of people not only using mods and clickers, but also things like Cheat Engine and other stuff to make games run as fast as they can. I can't even imagine dafuq must be going on out there right now.

I don't really like cheating or exploiting this sort of thing - but when it comes to Steam, it seems they do those minigames knowing they can be 'hacked' and they for the most part seem to let it happen. I didn't play Saliens because I did a script for it and felt bad. Then I read they had "scripting and cheating in mind when doing the event", so idk wtf goes on sometimes.

EDIT: Ohh I see what you mean. I totally derped in regards to capacity per day - it would indeed take good money to make this super exploity in order to have a high enough capacity for it to be really broken.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 03:58:44 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16021 on: June 30, 2019, 08:04:45 pm »

So I finally figured out how this sale works and I’m fucking kicking myself right now. I have just converted my points to tokens (no exploits) and now I have enough to buy two discount vouchers which gives me a total discount of $12.00 CAN.

Thing is, I already bought my games back when the sale started. I had a budget of $100, and I used it to buy Sekiro, DUSK, and A Hat in Time. If I knew how much free money I had, I would have dropped A Hat in Time and bought Obra Dinn instead. I don’t know if it’s possible to stack vouchers, or if each game can only have one voucher applied to it, but even in ideal circumstances I will still have to spend 8 more dollars to get Obra Dinn.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16022 on: June 30, 2019, 11:38:13 pm »

So, what's the best option to unlock the 5$ voucher?

Funny enough, it says I have 17000 tokens from last time, but only shows 83 in my balance.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16023 on: July 01, 2019, 01:18:34 am »

Payday 2 Ultimate bundle is less than 5 dollars

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/3756/PAYDAY_2_Ultimate_Edition/

Really good price actually. I'm sure one person besides me hasn't played it yet :P

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16024 on: July 01, 2019, 03:03:30 am »

Odd Realm is on sale on itch.io plus you get a Steam key. It's that DF like.
https://unknownorigingames.itch.io/oddrealm

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16025 on: July 01, 2019, 11:26:57 am »

So, what's the best option to unlock the 5$ voucher?

Funny enough, it says I have 17000 tokens from last time, but only shows 83 in my balance.

In the pit stop, where the token balance is, it should say how many tokens you have used this and previous sale. If the numbers don't add up for you, then I guess it's working about as well as the rest of the event.

To get tokens, you need points, and to use the points, you need boost capacity.

You should be able to get about 4k free boost capacity from activities and participation days. Boost points can be claimed from completing quests (idle a game you have achievements in for 30 minutes. Also some other ones that may include actually playing a game), and the points are then turned to tokens by boosting. Boosting doesn't free up boost capacity: the boosted points will still count towards your max.

In addition to the free boost capacity, you'll still need another 11k capacity, which is gained by using money in Steam: 1 $ is 100 capacity I believe (1 € is 121 capacity). So, if you have no tokens and no boost capacity available, you'll need to use at least 110 $ to get a 5 $ off voucher...

Apparently, to increase their boost capacity, people are buying things when playing CS:GO and listing those in Steam's market to get some of their money back. (I've never played CS:GO, and I'm not going start playing it for this, so I don't know how exactly this works.)

Also, the event is very confusing and things seem to change daily.

Rather than use dozens of monies on games to get a discount when using more monies, I think it's better to just boost daily to get a tiny chance to win the game that's at the top of your wishlist. (Provided your team is in the top three that is.)

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16026 on: July 01, 2019, 11:33:36 am »

Thanks! It seems like the tokens or whatever are a bit delayed. And now there's a clarification that says I spent 17000 at the new year sale. The voucher just got very distant :P Patience and time will provide a better discount at the moment.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16027 on: July 01, 2019, 12:06:11 pm »

Thanks to Killing Floor 2 and my unspent points from the Lunar Event, I racked up enough points to get the $5 discount pretty much immediately.

But this is perhaps the most byzantine sales game yet.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 12:20:57 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16028 on: July 02, 2019, 08:20:18 am »

Thanks to the starbound soda exploit, I hit 65k or so points and got a few discounts and level ups. This sale 'game' seems incredibly unbalanced, corgi remains in the lead
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 08:57:40 am by forsaken1111 »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16029 on: July 02, 2019, 11:15:39 am »

I can't even get any more points but I'm not really buying much this time around. Just short of $5 off.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16030 on: July 02, 2019, 11:49:52 am »

Wait wait. So you can play a game you have achievements in for 30 mins to get points? Is it the amount of achievements or percentage complete that counts?

I have 11000 max points. 87 tokens.

I need to collect points, while increasing max capacity to 15000 through free actions?

Then I want to boost them to convert them to tokens?

Can this be achieved in 30 minutes? :P

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16031 on: July 02, 2019, 11:56:24 am »

Pay real money to win at the game.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16032 on: July 02, 2019, 12:19:19 pm »

Or play Starbound and chug soda. The epitome of "open verification can to continue."

Other options are "play that one hospital sim and heal people" and "play Stardew Valley and forage/harvest everything."

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #16033 on: July 02, 2019, 12:29:57 pm »

Unless I've been missing something, folks still seem to be mixing up the points and the capacity to use points.
You can play *any* game and get points. The "quest" games just give the points easier.
You don't actually get anything out of gaining points unless you have unused capacity.
The only quests that actually increase capacity are the four "qualifier quests" at the very top of the quests section.

e.g. I've got about 8k points from playing Shadowrun:HK off and on this week, and it's not related to the event quests. I could only use about 4k of that, after doing the "qualifier quests", which is well short of the 15k needed for the discount.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16034 on: July 02, 2019, 01:03:54 pm »

Ok, after actually playing an achievement game for 30 mins, I see points are not the problem. Max cap is.

Qualifier tasks, buying stuff, and each day adds max capacity it seems.

Qualifier gives you 2000 total.
Sale duration: 14 or 15 days? Adds 1400-1500 by the end. Passively each day? Anyway, should be 800 left now.

For me I could add 1300 more for free, which should put me at 12800. Only way to get more would be to buy for the equivalent of 2200 ~18.2 euro. In practice more if I don't buy at the end of the sale. Then 5 eur off next purchase.

It's a clever system, but a bit like last time. They give you an incentive to buy more.

Pages: 1 ... 1067 1068 [1069] 1070 1071 ... 1133