Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1068 1069 [1070] 1071 1072 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1385979 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16035 on: July 02, 2019, 02:12:59 pm »

On the one hand, it's clever for the reasons you state. On the other, it's backfired, because most people are on Team Corgi and have minimized incentive to do more than minimal participation because that's still enough to swamp the other teams. Balanced teams where everyone had an equal incentive to try to see their team win would be more clever than the giant corgi-ball they ended up with.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16036 on: July 02, 2019, 02:15:00 pm »

But hey, at least now you can join the second place or third place team to get a much higher real chance of actually winning one of the free wishlist game giveaways.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16037 on: July 02, 2019, 02:16:41 pm »

But hey, at least now you can join the second place or third place team to get a much higher real chance of actually winning one of the free wishlist game giveaways.
This.

Also love they tied point gain to repeatable actions in non-iron man games.  As in you can use mods.  Mods that allow you to do the repeatable action way faster than normal.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16038 on: July 02, 2019, 02:23:17 pm »

This.

Also love they tied point gain to repeatable actions in non-iron man games.  As in you can use mods.  Mods that allow you to do the repeatable action way faster than normal.

You still need the capacity to hold and use them, so no matter what the 5 bucks they give you is likely smaller than the profit they get from you buying games to raise your point cap.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16039 on: July 02, 2019, 02:30:39 pm »

Looking at previous wins, it indicates each team basically received Cyperpunk and Sekiro, among a few other things. So does everyone on the team receive the game that was at the top of the list for the most people, or are those simply the most popular games, and the people who were selected to receive a free game get the one at the top of their personal wishlist?

Given the limited space available I presume it is only showing the most popular games that have been received free, not necessarily that the people who got free games got those because they had the highest representation among the wishlists of people getting free games.

I guess it doesn't matter, there is no way to game either placing top three (you can do what little you can do, of course, but obviously it is only a drop in the bucket) nor being one of the parties selected to receive a free game even if the team does place.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16040 on: July 02, 2019, 02:37:59 pm »

3 people are randomly selected from the winning team to receive the top game on their wish list, 2 from second place, 1 from third place.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Urist McSpike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16041 on: July 02, 2019, 04:34:17 pm »

3 people are randomly selected from the winning team to receive the top game on their wish list, 2 from second place, 1 from third place.

A few more than that, according to the rules.  Although I haven't seen anyone post anywhere about winning yet - just the stats display from the Steam UI.  Note that you might have to go into your Wishlist and rank games for a shot at what you really want.

What do I get when my team places in a race?

Drivers from the top three finishing teams on a given day will be selected at random to receive the top ranked item from their Steam Wishlist. This item must be available for sale, rather than merely Coming Soon. 300 drivers from the first place team, 200 drivers from the second place team, and 100 drivers from the third place team will receive a free title. Be sure to rank the titles in your wishlist, and add any new ones you’re interested in.

At the end of the entire Grand Prix we will award 1,000 random drivers from the first place team the top three ranked games on their wishlist. For second place, we will award 1,000 random drivers the top two ranked games on their wishlist. For third place, will award 1,000 random drivers the top ranked game on their wishlist.
I mean, look at us.  You give us a young child and a puppy, and we produce, possibly, one of the biggest sins against nature the game has ever seen.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16042 on: July 04, 2019, 05:08:55 pm »

I didn't get most points as some, cause even with "cheating" (not really cheating if still have to buy stuff for points anyway, but it be ultimate pay to win if it was an MMO), I didn't have much of a point cap to use since I don't have money to pay to win it...

Still. I went from level 31 steam levels to 70. When I hit 61, I got two booster pack drops from level 61-69. Been level 70 since this morning at 1 pm EST time and already 3 packs dropped.

Luck? Probably still, but I'm pretty sure my drop rate went way up (which it does of course every 10 steam levels) from where I was at 31, I barely got any packs dropped lol.

Since I'm going on vacation tomorrow, probably just be stuck at 70 for a while. And won't take part in the event, unless I can do it from my phone. But so many packs have dropped since hitting 60+ lol

I like the free money though. Its raining pennies into my steam wallet :P
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 05:11:04 pm by Trolldefender99 »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16043 on: July 04, 2019, 06:15:34 pm »

Wait what, how'd you get that much XP in such a short amount of time, I thought that was tied only to badges?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16044 on: July 04, 2019, 06:22:53 pm »

Wait what, how'd you get that much XP in such a short amount of time, I thought that was tied only to badges?

At start of the steam event, everyone got X amount of points depending how much they spent in total up to the event. I had a ton of points but forgot how many exactly. Then every dollar spent after that is worth 100 points. With those points, able to buy the event badge which is 100 exp per level and I have a level 205 badge (leveled up that much lol). Each badge level costs 100 points.

However the points you earn(ed) is only the capacity. I had to run games afk or play them to actually get the points to spend. I found starbound drinking soda wasn't very time effective and rather boring (10 points for each soda drank), so I just played games I already had achievements of.

Also each day the points reset. So say you spent 20 USD and got that much worth of point capacity, if you didn't take advantage of it, the capacity resets back to default of whatever it is the next steam day (10am PST).

Some people spent a TON of money on steam over the years/during the sale so were able to level up the event badge to obscene levels. I'm a small fry compared to what others got. But badge is capped at level 2000. I think this actually de-leveled people down, hopefully cause some people got millions of levels through the steam event badge. Though I think there were exploits and hacks so not sure if anyone got punished for that or if steam just didn't care.

Also if that sounds confusing, the event is a ton more confusing than that. Like they sure made a complicated event lol.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 06:24:26 pm by Trolldefender99 »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16045 on: July 04, 2019, 06:26:57 pm »

Wait so my 14-odd thousand will reset daily? Shit I spend the last several days not doing anything, waiting for the daily increase to bring me to the 15k mark for the discount token :V Could've bought a whole bunch more random stuff from the pit stop at this point.
AS - IG

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16046 on: July 04, 2019, 06:33:48 pm »

Wait so my 14-odd thousand will reset daily? Shit I spend the last several days not doing anything, waiting for the daily increase to bring me to the 15k mark for the discount token :V Could've bought a whole bunch more random stuff from the pit stop at this point.

I think you can still make use of your 14k cap actually, I think that is your base capacity of however much someone spent on steam is their base. You just gotta get the points to reach it.

But after that, say you get 2k worth of points buying a 20 USD game...that gets reset. Pretty sure cause I saw a lot of posts say their points got reset the next game back to their base. Cause my capacity reset back to the base even after buying a couple games early on the sales.

Its rather complicated, so I'm still not 100% sure how it works. But I think your 14k you can still get points for that, each day it just resets back to the base cap even if you buy games. and then goes +100 if you spent 100 points the previous day.

So say my cap is 20,000. Each day it goes up 100, so 3 days past (as an example) and now its 20,3000 but only if I took advantage of the previous day points. Otherwise if I don't, I'm pretty sure I don't earn any bonus cap at all.

Another example ignoring the bonus 100 a day thing. If I buy a 5 dollar game and get 500 points, then my cap for that day is 20,500 but the next day it resets to base cap 20,000 (this not 100% sure on, but almost positive this is how it works from my experience and reading complaints of people losing their points the next day)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16047 on: July 05, 2019, 05:46:01 pm »

Yeah, tested it, doesn't work like that, the tokens are not refreshing to the max you had the day before.
AS - IG

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16048 on: July 05, 2019, 09:41:38 pm »

Its just the cap resets to base value. Still need to earn the extra capacity by buying stuff, besides the 100 bonus. But buying only increases cap you then need to earn points for

But if its not like that then i must be understanding it wrong. It is super overly complicated

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16049 on: July 05, 2019, 09:55:14 pm »

The sale seems to be rather simpler than that, unless buying things works weirdly (I have not bought things during the sale): Buying things or doing the "quests" adds capacity. Capacity can be filled with points from games. Filled capacity can be used to boost your team, after which it remains filled. Each day you gain 100 capacity, but your capacity does not reset. So if yesterday I had 2500/2500 capacity, today I went to 2500/2600 capacity.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.
Pages: 1 ... 1068 1069 [1070] 1071 1072 ... 1133