Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1072 1073 [1074] 1075 1076 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1386589 times)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16095 on: August 01, 2019, 07:27:01 pm »

Morrowind is super old

Morrowind is super old
Morrowind is super old
Morrowind is super old
Morrowind is super old

:'(
*snif* I'm sorry I couldn't help it

Reminds me of the time I got pulled into a discussion about Nintendo's first foray into home gaming: The N64. Or when my sister was asked which cell phones she did development for in the 80s-- Android or iOS.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #16096 on: August 01, 2019, 07:33:44 pm »

Reminds me of the time I got pulled into a discussion about Nintendo's first foray into home gaming: The N64. Or when my sister was asked which cell phones she did development for in the 80s-- Android or iOS.
This just hurts.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16097 on: August 01, 2019, 07:51:02 pm »

This just hurts.

The phone part is probably both better and worse than you'd expect... it was during an interview with an MIT hopeful. So, sure, it means the kid was like 17 and that the iPhone was around for most of its cognizant life. On the other hand, he was applying to one of the most prestigious tech colleges in the US.

And the N64 half is just plain dumb, especially given that it happened over ten years ago.

Edit: The conversation was over ten years ago.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 08:30:28 pm by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16098 on: August 01, 2019, 08:16:28 pm »

This just hurts.

The phone part is probably both better and worse than you'd expect... it was during an interview with an MIT hopeful. So, sure, it means the kid was like 17 and that the iPhone was around for most of its cognizant life. On the other hand, he was applying to one of the most prestigious tech colleges in the US.

And the N64 half is just plain dumb, especially given that it happened over ten years ago.

Twenty years ago.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16099 on: August 01, 2019, 09:16:07 pm »

This just hurts.

I wouldn't really give them much leeway on that sort of thing. I lived my entire life with computers but I was never misinformed enough to ask someone in my field what computer programs they used for record-keeping in the '20s.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16100 on: August 01, 2019, 10:53:47 pm »

This just hurts.

Edit: The conversation was over ten years ago.
knowing how to program or build a computer doesn't mean you know the history of every electronic device ever *devils advocate here*

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16101 on: August 02, 2019, 10:08:30 am »

knowing how to program or build a computer doesn't mean you know the history of every electronic device ever *devils advocate here*

Yes, but they should have a basic knowledge of history.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16102 on: August 02, 2019, 12:58:36 pm »

I have a meager IT technician tittle, or don't really know what would equate to in the US or Europe. I studied 3 years. We had a computer and telecomunications history class were all those kind of things were explored, not videogames per se, which is far more forgivable, but certainly cellphones, apple and android were covered. Sure most of this was already known by most of us but you'll be surprised how much some people migth ignore, even people that do like computers and informatics.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 01:02:15 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16103 on: August 02, 2019, 01:01:41 pm »

Yes, but they should have a basic knowledge of history.

It’s the last 30, maybe 40 years. It’s barely history.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16104 on: August 02, 2019, 01:03:27 pm »

30 or 40 years is history indeed. You would say WW2 wasn't history on the 80's?

Heck last year ia history, and being strictly technical this morning is history. On a practical and highly subjective sense I would consider history anything that can be considered already finished, or in a broader sense anything that happened between 3 days, a week or a month depending on the scale of the event.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 01:06:25 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16105 on: August 02, 2019, 01:05:45 pm »

I did say barely, by which I meant it’s still within living memory for a lot of people.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16106 on: August 02, 2019, 01:09:14 pm »

I did say barely, by which I meant it’s still within living memory for a lot of people.
And then I expanded thw whole concept unnecessarily... but it's all history now.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16107 on: August 02, 2019, 01:17:08 pm »

And then I expanded thw whole concept unnecessarily... but it's all history now.
It was a reasonable example, but in the context of a prospective student of a prominent Tech college not knowing the recent history of their presumed academic branch (else why would it come up in conversation?) I feel my point was sound :p

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16108 on: August 02, 2019, 01:20:32 pm »

I feel my cape was ford
Love, scriver~

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #16109 on: August 02, 2019, 04:30:10 pm »

In Sales news, looks like Steam's got a mini-sale of sorts it's calling Board Game Weekend.
Looks like anything board-game format, or board game inspired, is on sale: https://store.steampowered.com/sale/board_games_weekend/
Pages: 1 ... 1072 1073 [1074] 1075 1076 ... 1133