Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1074 1075 [1076] 1077 1078 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1386961 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16125 on: August 12, 2019, 11:17:59 pm »

Humble has Hitman 2 (and the gold version) on sale at 60% off, which is a decent price.

Also, 66% off HBS' Battletech.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16126 on: August 14, 2019, 09:36:47 am »

X Rebirth is 70% off for both editions at GOG https://www.gog.com/game/x_rebirth_home_of_light_complete_edition
It's not a bad game, it just still has a ways to go. The foundation is there.

Oh right, I was thinking of the wrong game. X4 has a ways to go. It's 25% off at GOG. https://www.gog.com/game/x4_foundations
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 02:09:53 pm by BigD145 »

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16127 on: August 15, 2019, 11:04:34 am »

Whoa, they're giving away Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden on Epic Store... that game isn't even 1 year old.
I hope it's good, there was a good amount of hype back then.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16128 on: August 15, 2019, 11:11:10 am »

I'm hyped for it. I just finished running a campaign of the tabletop rpg that it's based on and that was great fun.

Urist McSpike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16129 on: August 15, 2019, 08:24:16 pm »

I've got about 12 hours on it.  It's a decent game - can be pretty rough.  You really have to play it safe & plan your moves.

But it has some things I don't like about it.  XP & resources are limited - each "map" you go to has the same mobs & loot, that do not respawn.  So you can't farm an area; you have to keep going to new places & fighting new things.

On the other hand, when you get another recruit (3 man party, I have 4 chars available now), the new one levels up with your others.  Not sure if it keeps going in the long run, but you aren't gimped by switching the party around.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend it, especially if you catch it on sale.
I mean, look at us.  You give us a young child and a puppy, and we produce, possibly, one of the biggest sins against nature the game has ever seen.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16130 on: August 15, 2019, 08:37:18 pm »

But it has some things I don't like about it.  XP & resources are limited - each "map" you go to has the same mobs & loot, that do not respawn.  So you can't farm an area; you have to keep going to new places & fighting new things.
This reads like a bonus to me. I hate farming and enjoy the satisfaction of clearing an area.

Urist McSpike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16131 on: August 16, 2019, 06:46:30 pm »

Clearing the area is a nice thing, I do agree.

However, the currencies in the game are Scrap & Weapon Parts.  Scrap is used in The Ark, to buy grenades, medkits, or new weapons.  Weapon Parts are used to upgrade weapons (2 upgrades, I think), which increase the weapon stats by a bit.  While you can get some Weapon Parts by breaking down unwanted weapons, both resources are looted from zones.  And once you pick it up, it doesn't respawn...

Levelling up gets you skill points, bought from a tree-style list.  So, limiting fights means limiting skill points.  I really don't mind this so much, as you have to think about progression more than in some other games.

I guess my biggest dislike is the limit on currency for expendable items.  Although to be honest, I don't know how limiting that is in the long run.

However, I do really like the game (what I've played so far).  It's tough - "save often" is the golden rule.  Fights are tough, and you will want to think about your approach, skill usage, equipment, and probably still die & have to reload.  :P  The skills you can get can really change things up, such as Hog Rush which will stun enemies for a couple of rounds.  It is most definitely not a game to just rush into every fight.

If you liked the combat style of X-Com (new ones, not the originals), it plays mostly the same - tougher.  I would recommend the game to anyone who likes this style of FPS - watch some videos & see what you think.   :)
I mean, look at us.  You give us a young child and a puppy, and we produce, possibly, one of the biggest sins against nature the game has ever seen.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16132 on: August 17, 2019, 03:30:06 am »

Thanks for the info. I've discovered my laptop isn't good enough to play it (need a proper graphics card), but now I have it onside for when I fix my desktop.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #16133 on: August 18, 2019, 09:18:08 am »

GOG has Slay the Spire at -50% for it's weekend sale.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #16134 on: August 19, 2019, 02:34:16 pm »

SYNTHETIK is on sale for 50% off on Steam.

Isometric(ish?) roguelike shooter with a special reload mechanic and a wide arsenal of weapons and items to acquire.

Beacon, which 25% off on Steam, is a similar game, this time about mutating oneself to survive rather than merely acquiring more equipment.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16135 on: August 19, 2019, 04:37:13 pm »

Kerbal Space Program is 75% off for the base game on Steam. 65% off the complete edition. Likely going along with the announcement of the sequel.

catacombs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16136 on: August 19, 2019, 08:04:12 pm »

« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 10:51:17 am by catacombs »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16137 on: August 20, 2019, 10:13:38 pm »

Humble has a sale on some games I've played: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/hacker-sale/

The Shadowrun games are all pretty good. Uplink was interesting for a while, but got repetitive before I got to the end. I started playing Hacknet, but decided to put it off until I had time to figure out what I was doing, and then I never did. What else should I try?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16138 on: August 20, 2019, 10:15:49 pm »

Don't bother with Watch Dogs. I think 2 got old faster than 1 did. Both get boring pretty quick.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16139 on: August 21, 2019, 05:45:48 am »

Duskers, if you're into claustrophobic, minimalistic sci-fi.
I'd also recommend Exapunks even though I haven't played it. I've had it on wishlist for a long while now, since it looks sweet and comes from Zachtronics. It's just that lately I can't get myself to play games that require thinking effort.
Pages: 1 ... 1074 1075 [1076] 1077 1078 ... 1133