Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1081 1082 [1083] 1084 1085 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1386298 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16230 on: October 05, 2019, 11:34:25 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 04:09:44 pm by dragdeler »
let

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #16231 on: October 05, 2019, 02:15:53 pm »

It's been more than a decade (it's been that long.. damn  :o)  since I last played Gothic 2 and I don't remember any specifics about the dialogs/voice over, sorry.

Gothic 1 on the other hand, that I played it again about two years ago. Translation wise it's ok. I don't remember spotting anything wrong and I definitely didn't have any problems with missing any dialog/info on the story or any of the quest. I guess that's as good as any translation can be. About the english* voice over, I 'd say it's pretty decent in general and sometimes quite memorable like intro cinematic, Diego's dialogs, the whatever-his-name guard with the infamous "welcome to the colony" and some of the banter the npcs say when you pass by them to name a few. There are some instances where certain antagonistic npcs sound a bit too cartoonish but it's still within the general tone of the game so it doesn't really distract.

*which as far as I'm aware, is not considered as good as the german one by the wider gothic community
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16232 on: October 05, 2019, 02:32:55 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 04:09:40 pm by dragdeler »
let

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16233 on: October 05, 2019, 03:29:59 pm »

Hilarious and yet surprisingly deep at times. Despite all that mockery, the muggings and the beatings you had to endure the game still respected your character's "life" and in turn it expected from you to respect their "lives" too. Of all the games I have played, gothic 1* is the only one that really delivered on the "murder is bad, don't go mindlessly killing people" part. And not by blocking plot development but by giving both the player and the npcs the chance to end combat before killing each other when possible.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16234 on: October 05, 2019, 08:28:46 pm »

In November's Humble Bundly Monthly, Crash Trilogy and Spyro Trilogy is in for 12 USD (rather than whatever crazy price for them is in Steam atm).
I played the hell out of these games as a kid and seemed like a great opportunity to grab them. As always, paying for the monthly bundle early gives you the keys for the currently unlocked games.

It also has Call of Duty WWII.

In time: I also +1 anything Gothic related! I bought Elex recently but it's hard bring forth the courage to launch it after all the review beating it took.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 08:31:06 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16235 on: October 05, 2019, 10:37:09 pm »

In November's Humble Bundly Monthly, Crash Trilogy and Spyro Trilogy is in for 12 USD (rather than whatever crazy price for them is in Steam atm).
I played the hell out of these games as a kid and seemed like a great opportunity to grab them. As always, paying for the monthly bundle early gives you the keys for the currently unlocked games.

It also has Call of Duty WWII.

In time: I also +1 anything Gothic related! I bought Elex recently but it's hard bring forth the courage to launch it after all the review beating it took.

So I'm a bit confused about this. I got into humble monthly last month to get Battletech. I didn't cancel my subscription, so why can't I download these games yet?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16236 on: October 05, 2019, 11:19:44 pm »

I didn't cancel my subscription, so why can't I download these games yet?

Humble Monthly is a bit counterintuitive. The TL;DR is that you have to go to your subscription and "Pay Now" to unlock this month's bundle.
The full explanation would be: You have to manually "pay early" to get access (unlock the download and/or keys) to the 'early game reveals' of a Bundle. Otherwise it will wait to bill you sometime late in the month (around the 25th, can't remember exactly), which will unlock those first few revealed games, and the rest of them are revealed/unlocked in the first friday of each month. Since you subscribed last month, it's waiting for your input or for the end of the month before billing you and granting the goodies.
I believe it's done like that so subscribers have a huge window to decide whether to cancel subscription or pause-a-month. I paused on the Battletech month since I already got it and played very little, still.  ::)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 11:21:25 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16237 on: October 10, 2019, 10:52:59 am »

Freespace 2 is free on gog.com for the next ... 40 hours.

Follow up on this, I guess.

I just got an email from GOG about some kind of "newsletter exclusive discount" on X4: Foundations because I have either Descent Freespace Battle Pack or Freespace 2 on my account. I might be overly suspicious but the "Please be sure to finish your purchase before leaving the checkout page, otherwise your code will expire" line doesn't sit well with me.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16238 on: October 10, 2019, 01:38:01 pm »

That sounds like you've added the thing to your cart while it's on discount and they're reminding you that unless you checkout while the thing is valid it'll revert to it's old price eventually. Happened to me before, where I'd forget I added something to buy and come back a few days later to realise the thing is no longer on sale but still in my cart. Steam has something similar too I think, a pop-up or something on the checkout to remind you that you're now paying full-price for things.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16239 on: October 10, 2019, 02:35:56 pm »

I wasn’t clear enough, sorry. It was in the email itself.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16240 on: October 10, 2019, 03:01:21 pm »

I just got an email from GOG about some kind of "newsletter exclusive discount" on X4: Foundations because I have either Descent Freespace Battle Pack or Freespace 2 on my account. I might be overly suspicious but the "Please be sure to finish your purchase before leaving the checkout page, otherwise your code will expire" line doesn't sit well with me.

I also grabbed the Freespace 2 freebie, and received no such email.  The exhortation to buy before the code expires does seem quite phishy.

If/when you investigate, navigate manually to GOG and poke around; don't click anything in the email.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16241 on: October 10, 2019, 03:08:44 pm »

I also grabbed the Freespace 2 freebie, and received no such email.  The exhortation to buy before the code expires does seem quite phishy.

If/when you investigate, navigate manually to GOG and poke around; don't click anything in the email.
AFAIK GOG doesn't even use discount codes, so looks like a scam.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16242 on: October 10, 2019, 03:10:42 pm »

Go to the e-mail, and click "reply". If the e-mail address in the "To:" section is the same as GOG's/the one that the original e-mail APPEARS to have come from, proceed to investigate their site as suggested by the others. If the e-mail is NOT the same one normally used by GOG, it's a scam and you should probably ban that e-mail address forever.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16243 on: October 10, 2019, 04:31:26 pm »

Double check the links inside the email by hovering over them, too. Don't actually click them, though.

Sometimes "from" can be spoofed and will reply legitimately, the scams expect you to click on links within the email. The domain within the link might include appropriate words but are nigh-on gibberish (like us.bay12forums.ghjjjkk.west.com).

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16244 on: October 10, 2019, 11:47:33 pm »

GOG does have a "redeem discount/game code" feature so there is that. Trying to use the code directly at GOG's site instead of following any email links (as advised by someone on GOG's forum in an unrealated thread) to check if it's a legit code is not an option because the email doesn't reveal any code, not without clicking on some link, at least.

The email adress (newsletter@ email2. gog. com) seems to be legit or at least one that is used commonly. A quick google search didn't really showed up anything apart from people saying they get too many emails. Looking back at older emails from GOG they did use the "get it now or you'll lose the offer rhetoric" before, so aggressive marketing?

While looking at GOG's forum I found (only) one reference to X4:Foundations having a (30%) discount code. The post's wording is similar to the email's (stressing how it's the biggest discount so far) but it's from a very long time user offering the code to whoever wants it. However  I can't view their forum profile (returns a 404 error). Another user who supposedly took the code from the first one hasn't followed up about having any problems.

Pages: 1 ... 1081 1082 [1083] 1084 1085 ... 1133