Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1082 1083 [1084] 1085 1086 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1383622 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16245 on: October 11, 2019, 06:32:35 pm »

I received the same e-mail, though I didn't follow up on it at the time.  I think I spotted the same thread as well, though it seems it now has three people offering codes and one person giving a warning that it's only for people who own those games mentioned in the newsletter.

Just to add, since as Ulfarr recommends, you can use the "Redeem a code" option in your account menu after logging in.  The e-mail itself doesn't contain the code, so you do need to click on the link to retrieve it.  It takes you to the same page, but I confirmed that you don't need to be signed in to view it. 

I already own X4 on Steam, so if someone's interested in the game and wants to see if they can pick it up, I'll post it direct since it's only 30% off and it's only for another 13 hours: 3UWYCG6RSCLIJRCIV8.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 06:35:02 pm by Culise »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16246 on: October 14, 2019, 11:21:51 pm »

Surviving Mars is free on Epic. It's got some cool parts but I found it more tedious than anything else. The mostly-realistic setting just kind of holds it down without grounding it especially well (buildings decay due to "dust" but are built out of nonspecific "polymers"). Disasters tend to be more obnoxious than interesting, which I think describes a lot of the constraints too.

Most damningly, though, your peons just aren't interesting. Games like this can be really carried by the NPC mooks inside them, but the drones you send to Mars manage to be morons without being entertaining. They don't panic and eat each other, they just refuse to work the farms while a famine's going on. They don't light things on fire, they just can't find the right job box. They don't run out into the wastes and then radio for help, they just mill about their airless dome instead of evacuating to the nice life-supporting dome right next to them. Combined with the game's kinda flat mechanics, there's just not enough life or chaos to make the game interesting.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16247 on: October 15, 2019, 04:41:44 am »

It's not a 'sale' per se, but internet archive just uploaded over 2500 MSDOS games

https://games.slashdot.org/story/19/10/15/0013215/internet-archive-releases-2500-ms-dos-games

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16248 on: October 15, 2019, 05:10:44 am »

These bring back some memories. The Stunt Driver game has a really neat map editor, I made so many great tracks on that thing. Original Prince of Persia is fun (but hard), and a lot of the point and click adventure games hold up.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16249 on: October 15, 2019, 05:34:28 am »

These bring back some memories. The Stunt Driver game has a really neat map editor, I made so many great tracks on that thing. Original Prince of Persia is fun (but hard), and a lot of the point and click adventure games hold up.

Yeah, me and buddies used to play Stunts and make ridiculous tracks.

EDIT: I scrolled down and realized there's another one literally called "Stunt Driver" that I never played. Thought you meant "Stunts" which is the same basic thing.

There are so many good games in this, and they're all playable in the browser. Nuclear War is a hoot if you've never played it. Very replayable.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 05:38:05 am by Reelya »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16250 on: October 15, 2019, 05:39:39 am »

Yeah that's probably the one I meant. With the jumps and loops and level designer. Years later, that was what appealed to me so much about Tony Hawks 2 as well, being able to make and explore my own levels.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #16251 on: October 15, 2019, 03:51:31 pm »

Chrono.gg has a 40% sale on Streets of Rogue.

Utilize a combination of stealth, social engineering, and extreme violence to depose the corrupt mayor of an also corrupt city.

It has multiplayer as well, if you want to let loose some chaos with friends.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16252 on: October 17, 2019, 01:11:29 pm »

Teeny discount, but Stranded Sails just dropped and I may be forced to snag it once I watch some first impressions.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16253 on: October 18, 2019, 08:16:12 am »

Steam is having a Warhammer weekend, pretty much every digital WH(40k) game is in there and fairly heavily discounted. Highlight is TW:WH2 which along it's two DLC's will cost you less than the full undiscounted game would.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16254 on: October 18, 2019, 04:09:49 pm »

Steam is also having a Paradox sale. If there's any overpriced DLC you were waiting for a sale to justify getting, now might be the time.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16255 on: October 19, 2019, 05:54:19 am »

Fuck poverty an d communism....
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16256 on: October 21, 2019, 10:15:12 am »

Fuck poverty an d communism....

Eh, it's not like the more expensive video games are any better than cheap ones (maybe more consistent, but about equal on average).
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 10:18:10 am by Iduno »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16257 on: October 23, 2019, 07:39:39 pm »

Running With Rifles is 75% off on Steam.
Actually there's a bunch of stuff on sale, but I dunno what would be of interest to y'all. I wish you could just like, export your wishlist (or at least the discounted stuff) to show people the bargains you're seeing. :P

I think all the old school Fallout games are 70% off too, possibly even cheaper in a bundle. Nidhogg and its sequel are both 60%. Lots of other stuff.
Curious Expedition and Pathway (both games with vaguely similar themes IIRC) are 50% and 40%, respectively. How curious.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #16258 on: October 23, 2019, 07:54:33 pm »

You could filter it to only show products that are on sale, and then screenshot/copy that information.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #16259 on: October 23, 2019, 11:08:52 pm »

Or use a superior wishlist/price watching site, like isthereanydeal :P
(public setting and link accessible on your privacy settings in-site)

This post not sponsored. Simply self-motivated to promote a useful site.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 11:11:16 pm by n9103 »
Pages: 1 ... 1082 1083 [1084] 1085 1086 ... 1133