Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1089 1090 [1091] 1092 1093 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1386664 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16350 on: November 29, 2019, 11:47:31 am »

StarCrawlers is on sale on Steam for 75% off (4.99USD). I don't think I've seen it mentioned here before. It's not a perfect game, but for what it is, it's really, really good, and a steal at this price; it's the most Wizardy-esque dungeon crawler I've played since Wizardry, but with a modern UI and graphics. As per the name, it's scifi, not fantasy, the classes might be a bit hard to figure out, and there was a period in the mid-levels where I had trouble keeping some of my people alive because either their class's progression was not smoothly designed, or I sucked at figuring out how to combine the various skills to be survivable, but fortunately that passed well before the endgame. It's also reasonably replayable for something with a fixed storyline and whose procedural sidequests are, well, procedural; there's a variety of classes who play moderately differently and the storyline branches several ways and there's a NewGame+ and NewGame++ mode to let you play through some of that with your same party and a raised level cap, which was a nice touch. Overall, it did a very good job of scratching the turn-based dungeon-crawler itch I had forgotten I had.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16351 on: November 29, 2019, 01:18:58 pm »

StarCrawlers is on sale on Steam for 75% off (4.99USD). I don't think I've seen it mentioned here before. It's not a perfect game, but for what it is, it's really, really good, and a steal at this price; it's the most Wizardy-esque dungeon crawler I've played since Wizardry, but with a modern UI and graphics. As per the name, it's scifi, not fantasy, the classes might be a bit hard to figure out, and there was a period in the mid-levels where I had trouble keeping some of my people alive because either their class's progression was not smoothly designed, or I sucked at figuring out how to combine the various skills to be survivable, but fortunately that passed well before the endgame. It's also reasonably replayable for something with a fixed storyline and whose procedural sidequests are, well, procedural; there's a variety of classes who play moderately differently and the storyline branches several ways and there's a NewGame+ and NewGame++ mode to let you play through some of that with your same party and a raised level cap, which was a nice touch. Overall, it did a very good job of scratching the turn-based dungeon-crawler itch I had forgotten I had.

Absolutely. "Dungeon Crawler in Space" will tell you if you want that game or not.

The combat system seems a little too simple at first, but once you start gaining neat powers and/or fighting mixed groups of enemies, it really shines. Each class has some cool stuff they do. For example, the ninja messes with the initiative order by jumping over the next person who is going to go, or kicking someone into a later initiative spot.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16352 on: November 29, 2019, 01:29:56 pm »

StarCrawlers is on sale on Steam for 75% off (4.99USD).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Is the movement in there free movement and not on a grid (more like an FPS)?
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16353 on: November 29, 2019, 01:33:36 pm »

It's grid based, but there's some free-look involved. Dunno about the sales thread specifically, but it's been mentioned in OG before. It's pretty a'ight.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #16354 on: November 29, 2019, 09:15:23 pm »

I second Commandos 2, excellent game.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16355 on: November 29, 2019, 11:40:16 pm »

Commandos 2 was fun, at the start but i found eventually it dragged out and it was more like a chore I was doing to be finished with the thing rather than something I was doing for enjoyment. Maybe it just goes too long, much too long.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 11:42:20 pm by Reelya »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16356 on: November 30, 2019, 12:47:54 pm »

Humble also has Hitman 2 Gold (all DLC + base game) for $25. That's a pretty good price for it, if you like stealth games or murder puzzles.

It's 75% off, which makes the normal price a completely unreasonable $100.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #16357 on: November 30, 2019, 12:58:10 pm »

Oh, so they marked it up 300% beforehand. Nice. ::)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16358 on: November 30, 2019, 02:32:26 pm »

Hitman 2 has not had a permanent price drop. It's still a $60 game (base game) on sale now.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #16359 on: November 30, 2019, 03:13:03 pm »

... the almost 20 year old game? geez.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16360 on: November 30, 2019, 03:15:59 pm »

I do believe the modern game is known as Hitman 2 No Subtitle.

Not really sure why it’s not known as Hitman Season 2, but ah well.

As far as I’m aware, though, Hitman 2 NS also has the first game too, so you get the backstory to what you’re doing.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16361 on: November 30, 2019, 03:21:13 pm »

Grabbed Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag for $6. Can't really beat that price short of free.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16362 on: November 30, 2019, 03:35:41 pm »

I do believe the modern game is known as Hitman 2 No Subtitle.

Not really sure why it’s not known as Hitman Season 2, but ah well.

As far as I’m aware, though, Hitman 2 NS also has the first game too, so you get the backstory to what you’re doing.

I think they were calling it Season 2, but people were worried it would not be a long-lasting game. Because season (fall, winter, spring, etc.) is usually ~3 months. They're like half done with the content, so I'm guessing this season will last a bit over a year more, plus however long it takes them to make season 3.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #16364 on: December 03, 2019, 06:48:13 pm »

If you're a fan of turn-based tactics and stealth, I'd say Invisible Inc. is worth a try.
Pages: 1 ... 1089 1090 [1091] 1092 1093 ... 1133