Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1090 1091 [1092] 1093 1094 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1386735 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16365 on: December 03, 2019, 07:02:02 pm »

Bastion and Invisible Inc are both excellent yeah. I'm not sure how they made turn-based stealth work but it does, and I dig the art style.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16366 on: December 03, 2019, 08:43:23 pm »

GOG currently has the old Sierra Adventure Game Serieses on sale. Space Quest (1-3 and 4-6), King's Quest (several different packages), and Quest For Glory (1-5). Not super replayable, but they're good humorous games. Quest For Glory is adventure/RPG, and doesn't have the "you didn't pick up one item near the beginning of the game, and can't progress any further or go back" soft game-overs the old games had.

Bastion and Invisible Inc are both excellent yeah. I'm not sure how they made turn-based stealth work but it does, and I dig the art style.

I already have it. It's a good game for awhile. Although it has some weird difficulty spikes. I'd love a more relaxing version of it.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16367 on: December 03, 2019, 09:18:53 pm »

GOG currently has the old Sierra Adventure Game Serieses on sale. Space Quest (1-3 and 4-6), King's Quest (several different packages), and Quest For Glory (1-5). Not super replayable, but they're good humorous games. Quest For Glory is adventure/RPG, and doesn't have the "you didn't pick up one item near the beginning of the game, and can't progress any further or go back" soft game-overs the old games had.

Lordy, KQ5 was bad about that. I highly suggest keeping a guide handy for that. I may be off on the details, but there's a missable in the first few minutes that would only block you like 85% of the way through. And a lot of people didn't even realize it, since you may not be able to resolve it when you encounter it, it only happens once, is timed, and looks like a flavor element.

Great games though... my favorite was KQ6. Never got into SQ or LSL.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Reyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16368 on: December 06, 2019, 10:39:14 am »

I have a coupon for 80% off Cyrpt of the necrodancer. PM if you want it. Expires on the 17th of December.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16369 on: December 09, 2019, 12:31:11 pm »

I've just noticed that the beloved semi-oldie - Hammerfight, was made free forever on Steam as of last month. If you haven't had a chance to play this fun little gem, you can do so now for free.
It's a lovely 2D scrolling fighting game, with an immensely satisfying physics model, where you fly persian-themed steampunky wooden helicopters with huge melee weapons attached.

I have clocked dozens of hours even after completing the story, casually returning to the arena and for the hunt. Never quite found anything else to be as satisfying as dropping a well-swung ax onto an incoming opponent, sending what's left of them crashing into the audience. Or gently placing a sword's edge on a passing worm, only to slice it from head to tail in one smooth move.

The only issue is that it's old enough to grate against modern systems.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16370 on: December 09, 2019, 02:01:17 pm »

Goodness, I also wholeheartedly recommend Hammerfight. Really quite fun and I believe rather unique.

If I recall correctly, you unlock additional non-campaign minigames by reaching certain points in the campaign. I think a couple might even only open up on a certain storypath? An interesting story too, at least down certain of the paths. Too bad there's never been a sequel/successor game.

(By the by, it's not only melee - if I recall there's at least one ranged weapon tucked away in the game.)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16371 on: December 09, 2019, 03:03:37 pm »

In the old days, before the name change, there was one ranged weapon. Now there's, like... At least three mounted weapons, plus all the throwing weapons.

And yes, lovely game all in all... Strange that it never really grew beyond the deeply underappreciated state it's in now. Unique and compelling gameplay aside, the title had a stunning attention to detail.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16372 on: December 09, 2019, 03:23:48 pm »

Axe and sword? No, no, it's all about the pick and hammer: All that momentum coming down to a single pinpoint could pop through anything, and who doesn't like a game of rickety airship pinball?
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16373 on: December 09, 2019, 03:56:32 pm »

I remember playing the arena mode in Hammerfight for ages back in the day. Being the edgy kid I was, my favorite thing to do was slam an opponent hard enough to leave them stunned on the floor, then put the tip of a sword right up to their machine and finish them off with a brutal downward plunge.

Bonus points if the sword is also on fire.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16374 on: December 09, 2019, 04:15:49 pm »

I, meanwhile, retried the fight against the king enough times that I finally managed to successfully disable his craft and prevent it from falling down the hole in the middle of the arena (I had to fly underneath and prop the dense bastard up), resulting in a submission rather than a kill.

Still got jailed for killing the king, because you're clearly not supposed to do that...

Submissions were the name of the game; I took outright kills as a sign of carelessness and inadequate skill on my part. Then again, I wasn't exactly averse to ramping mouse sensitivity up to the point where you could zip around the screen and send your opponent off to start the space program with a flick of your wrist.

Favorite gems for me were lightning (for even spacier programs, and the occasional utter nonsense with sparks and metal objects) and, actually, ghost... The ghost gems can be quite useful on the offensive as well, not just as defensive items.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16375 on: December 09, 2019, 04:53:12 pm »

I have a coupon for 80% off Cyrpt of the necrodancer. PM if you want it. Expires on the 17th of December.

I've got one of these too, if anybody wants it.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16376 on: December 09, 2019, 05:35:53 pm »

Can one combine those two to acquire one necrodancer and 60% of another one?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16377 on: December 11, 2019, 05:49:09 pm »

Wasteland 2 is free on GOG (which is also having a winter sale).

Go get it!
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16378 on: December 11, 2019, 07:26:53 pm »

Wasteland 2 is free on GOG (which is also having a winter sale).

Go get it!

Go to your gog launcher,
click on the Wasteland 2 director's cut.
Click More
Click Keys
Can get free Wasteland 1 download also

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #16379 on: December 11, 2019, 10:03:51 pm »

If you can't find it in the GOG Launcher, you can also go to the website, log in, and then follow the instructions (Go to your games, Wasteland 2 Director's Cut, More, Keys, Wasteland 1).
Pages: 1 ... 1090 1091 [1092] 1093 1094 ... 1133