Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1093 1094 [1095] 1096 1097 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1383094 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16410 on: January 17, 2020, 04:37:40 am »

FWIW, it's also half-off on Steam.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16411 on: January 20, 2020, 11:57:21 am »

Hey, there are a bunch of games by Amplitude studios having a free weekend that ends in about an hour. I just noticed.
Seems like the sort of thing that Bay12 likes - popular 4X games and a roguelite, which I have just installed to have a try of despite the fact that I really should be getting some sleep. Oh well.

Oh yeah, and the games in question are 75% for the next few days, too.   

Edit: Wow, okay, that was pretty fun!
I reckon I might just buy it after that. First, though, I shall sleep on it - since I need to do that anyway, and if I bought it now I'd probably be tempted to just... not sleep. >.>   
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 01:43:45 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16412 on: January 23, 2020, 09:39:26 pm »

Maaaan, Two Point Hospital is 66% off, apparently with some bonus DLC chucked in.
I kinda want it, but at the same point I fear I'd get tired of the goofy slapstick diseases pretty quick. Ooh, apparently Project Hospital is discounted as well, so I could get that instead for about $10 more - but I seem to remember hearing a lot of negative things about the game?   
Booze is Life for Yoink

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16413 on: January 23, 2020, 10:20:01 pm »

Have you never played Theme Hospital? I think Two Point is meant to be something of a spiritual successor.

Which is pretty cool since Theme Hospital was very amusing, and also quite brutal if you actually think about some of the treatments.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16414 on: January 23, 2020, 10:24:36 pm »

I know, I remember loving Theme Hospital as a kid - I played a demo of it on the PS1, of all things.
I'm just not sure the slapstick comedy elements would appeal to me as much nowadays. Who knows, maybe the nostalgia would obliterate all such concerns the moment I start it up? Hmm. Not like I have much cash to splash right now, anyway.   

Edit: oh wait, scratch that, I got paid early. Thanks, public holidays!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16415 on: January 23, 2020, 10:33:01 pm »

On gog theme hospital sometimes sells for literally cents. Just wait for a sale and get it.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #16416 on: January 24, 2020, 12:06:08 am »

I know, I remember loving Theme Hospital as a kid - I played a demo of it on the PS1, of all things.
I'm just not sure the slapstick comedy elements would appeal to me as much nowadays. Who knows, maybe the nostalgia would obliterate all such concerns the moment I start it up? Hmm. Not like I have much cash to splash right now, anyway.   

Edit: oh wait, scratch that, I got paid early. Thanks, public holidays!   
There was another theme hospital successor that did away with the slapstick. Project Hospital. Cheaper than two point too

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/project-hospital

Supposedly more "realistic" too. Dunno to what extent I believe that but I might go for it in the next sale
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16417 on: January 24, 2020, 12:12:08 am »

It's pretty good. Theme Hospital was a bit too "slapstick". :P
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16418 on: January 24, 2020, 02:16:43 am »

There was another theme hospital successor that did away with the slapstick. Project Hospital. Cheaper than two point too
Ah, it would appear I have found a fellow 15PPP-er! Salutations, comrade.
More seriously though I mentioned that in the very last post one page ago, as a slightly-more-expensive (taking the current Steam discounts into account) alternative to Two Point. I am still struggling to decide, though - and I just noticed that Oxygen Not Included has also had its priced slashed for this Chinese New Year sale! Probably a fair few other colony/management sims going cheap, as well. Decisions, decisions.   

On gog theme hospital sometimes sells for literally cents. Just wait for a sale and get it.
I might do just that! GoG sales show up on that "Is There Any Deal" site, right?   
Booze is Life for Yoink

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16419 on: January 24, 2020, 09:47:22 am »

Ah, it would appear I have found a fellow 15PPP-er! Salutations, comrade.
More seriously though I mentioned that in the very last post one page ago, as a slightly-more-expensive (taking the current Steam discounts into account) alternative to Two Point. I am still struggling to decide, though - and I just noticed that Oxygen Not Included has also had its priced slashed for this Chinese New Year sale! Probably a fair few other colony/management sims going cheap, as well. Decisions, decisions.   

I might do just that! GoG sales show up on that "Is There Any Deal" site, right?   

If you have a wishlist on GOG they will email you when it goes on sale.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #16420 on: January 24, 2020, 06:07:32 pm »

Yes, they will, if it's not a store you've disabled. Most stores are enabled by default.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16421 on: January 24, 2020, 10:04:55 pm »

Also note that Two Point Hospital will be in this month's Humble Choice bundle, if you get/were thinking of getting that...

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16422 on: January 26, 2020, 10:32:21 am »

Weirdly, Epic is the launcher out of the main 3 that isn't doing anything for Lunar New Year.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16423 on: January 27, 2020, 05:53:15 am »

Can't have people thinking they're Chinese pasties can we
Love, scriver~

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #16424 on: January 27, 2020, 08:59:13 am »

I mean, they can't even do a shopping cart right...
Pages: 1 ... 1093 1094 [1095] 1096 1097 ... 1133