Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1100 1101 [1102] 1103 1104 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1386910 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16515 on: March 26, 2020, 03:20:39 pm »

IS KSP worth it still?
I've never bought it because of the steep price.
What I've been reading, is that the game went to shit after it was acquired by Take Two Interactive, not just because of the spyware, but supposedly it's also bug ridden now.
Is that true?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16516 on: March 26, 2020, 03:24:28 pm »

And Epic is apparently giving away Stanley Parable because they have a sense of humor.

Stanley Parable is easily one of the greatest games I've ever played. My old roommate introduced me to it about 4 years ago by turning it on near the beginning of our acid trip and we spent basically the entire trip devoted to that game and finding all the secret endings. We even found the secret white board ending. I must have spent like 15 minutes just sitting in the "feel good" room with the pretty colors just tripping out to it at one point. In short: I highly recommend it.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #16517 on: March 26, 2020, 03:54:11 pm »

As part of their #StayAtHome campaign, Orange Juice is giving away 100% Orange Juice, 200% Mixed Juice, and Acceleration Of Suguri 2 for free until March 30th.

100% Orange Juice is a virtual board game.

200% Mixed Juice is some RPG based on characters made by Orange Juice.

Acceleration of Suguri 2 is a duel-based shoot 'em up.

While I'm not terribly familiar with these three games, they seem good and they're free.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16518 on: March 26, 2020, 04:10:54 pm »

IS KSP worth it still?
I've never bought it because of the steep price.
What I've been reading, is that the game went to shit after it was acquired by Take Two Interactive, not just because of the spyware, but supposedly it's also bug ridden now.
Is that true?

I have not noticed it being bug-ridden even after the takeover. There's no spyware so far as anyone is aware, their EULA is just awful. It *is* just the standard Take Two EULA that apparently goes on all their games. I still highly recommend the game because it is a great amount of fun mixed with a very nice amount of rocket science. No DLC is required to enjoy the base game, and if you ever want "more" I'd recommend mods before DLC...because many of the mods are flatly superior to the DLC.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16519 on: March 26, 2020, 05:09:45 pm »

Literally nothing changed in KSP. There is no spyware and I'm not aware of any major unresolved bugs. KSP's physics have always been a bit 'twitchy' but there aren't any big bugs I know about

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16520 on: March 26, 2020, 06:23:15 pm »

I recall reading a fairly extensive write-up of the bugs in KSP a while back... the general word was that you're unlikely to run into anything too bad unless you're doing something far outside the scope of regular gameplay (like some mega-rockets in the equivalent of sandbox mode), and that most of those are engine limitations so they'll never be resolved.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16521 on: March 27, 2020, 05:31:55 pm »

Literally nothing changed in KSP. There is no spyware and I'm not aware of any major unresolved bugs. KSP's physics have always been a bit 'twitchy' but there aren't any big bugs I know about

As long as you stick to narrow rockets, avoid planes, and don't try anything with wheels, you'll probably be fine. That's a lot of the fun that will break the game, but it's sometimes avoidable, depending on your playstyle.

I don't know of any spyware.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16522 on: March 28, 2020, 11:58:48 am »

Strandbeest Sim is on sale.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16523 on: March 28, 2020, 12:31:56 pm »

As long as you stick to narrow rockets, avoid planes, and don't try anything with wheels, you'll probably be fine. That's a lot of the fun that will break the game, but it's sometimes avoidable, depending on your playstyle.

I don't know of any spyware.
I've not had any issues with wider rockets, just don't try to turn them so much, remember that the planes are not the focus of the game, and remember that no, wheeled vehicles are NOT supposed to travel at rocket speeds, and you should be absolutely OK with all these features. Planes are certainly fiddly but you can get them to work with time and care if you REALLY want to deal with how slow it is to circumnavigate Kerbin to get to that one pesky "take crew report in flight" mission over on the wrong side of the planet :P
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16524 on: March 28, 2020, 06:09:09 pm »

For VR, there's ZomDay, an arcadey zombie shooter, that just released from Early Access and is on sale for about $6. Fairly fun once you get past the Engrish translation(it's a Chinese dev) and sort-of-awkward-at-first controls. My biggest gripe so far is that when utilizing a two-handed grip on a gun, if you want to release your grip you have to move your off-hand pretty far away to before it will un-snap from the gun.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16525 on: March 28, 2020, 07:29:05 pm »

Kerbal Space Program and Cities:Skylines free to play on steam this weekend plus decent sales (75% and 80% off)...

How playable is Cities:Skylines without DLCs?  Should I get it dirt-cheap now, or wait till a decent bundle with "mandatory" DLCs?

Thanks for the advice on KSP folks!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16526 on: March 28, 2020, 07:49:32 pm »

How playable is Cities:Skylines without DLCs?
There's enough content in vanilla to last you a few dozen hours at least, imo.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16527 on: March 28, 2020, 08:17:18 pm »

Honestly most of the DLC for skylines are pretty weak. Industries is alright. Most of them add very little. You'll have fun with the base game and a few mods

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16528 on: March 29, 2020, 05:03:23 am »

Release the Kraken!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16529 on: March 29, 2020, 05:45:52 am »

Indeed, Cities: Skylines vanilla with mods is just fine.
Industries is a good dlc though.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 1100 1101 [1102] 1103 1104 ... 1133