Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1103 1104 [1105] 1106 1107 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1385375 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16560 on: April 21, 2020, 01:06:56 pm »

Cities Skylines

Is that the bad simcity knockoff?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16561 on: April 21, 2020, 01:08:40 pm »

Cities Skylines

This implies simcity is good.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #16562 on: April 21, 2020, 01:09:24 pm »

Cities Skylines

That just means they are of equal quality.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16563 on: April 21, 2020, 02:06:41 pm »

Nuclear Throne is 90% off for 21 next hours on Steam.
It is/was a pretty popular shooty roguelite and I don't think it was ever discounted for more than 10% or so before.

I feel like it's a bit obsolete nowadays. It's locked at 30 fps and I have trouble understanding what the game does better than Enter the Gungeon.
*cough*

FISH CAN ROLL.
What more do you need?!   

I often play Nuclear Throne on PS4, in brief bursts at least, whilst waiting for things to install and needing something offline to occupy myself.   

Edit:
I hope this is a dig at more recent entries in the series and not, say, SimCity 4. That game has plenty of nostalgia value for me, and surprisingly enough it is still good fun. Plus, now I have mods that can be jammed into it with only a moderate amount of fuss! I'm still kinda hopeless at balancing a working goddamn budget when I play, though. Nuclear plants and army bases for everyone! Hooray!   
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 02:11:26 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16564 on: April 21, 2020, 02:14:20 pm »

I hope this is a dig at more recent entries in the series and not, say, SimCity 4. That game has plenty of nostalgia value for me, and surprisingly enough it is still good fun. Plus, now I have mods that can be jammed into it with only a moderate amount of fuss! I'm still kinda hopeless at balancing a working goddamn budget when I play, though. Nuclear plants and army bases for everyone! Hooray!   

Isn't Sim City 4 the second latest entry, before that weird one that where you were building districts, not entire cities, and launched with always-online (and, more problematically, always-broken servers...)?

Anyhow, there's currently a Humble BYOB where you can grab the three main Stellaris DLCs plus two junk CKII/EU4 for a tad less than the best prices elsewhere (according to ITAD at ~21$)... thinking about finally filling those in. Make sure you grab the two extras-- it's actually cheaper that way.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 02:24:44 pm by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16565 on: April 22, 2020, 06:23:31 pm »

Isn't Sim City 4 the second latest entry, before that weird one that where you were building districts, not entire cities, and launched with always-online (and, more problematically, always-broken servers...)?
Third-latest: there was SimCity Societies and SimCity (no number).  Societies was the lightweight game that was panned as being simplistic and easy.  SimCity was one you were thinking of with a storm of mandatory-online single-player, teeny tiny "cities", performance woes, and serious underlying flaws with the simulation.  Given that SimCity 4 is 17 years old, it's both impressive and kinda sad that it's still one of the foremost city-simulation games on the market.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16566 on: April 22, 2020, 06:30:05 pm »

Third-latest: there was SimCity Societies and SimCity (no number).  Societies was the lightweight game that was panned as being simplistic and easy.  SimCity was one you were thinking of with a storm of mandatory-online single-player, teeny tiny "cities", performance woes, and serious underlying flaws with the simulation.  Given that SimCity 4 is 17 years old, it's both impressive and kinda sad that it's still one of the foremost city-simulation games on the market.

With a very old mod it also still has one of the best traffic simulations.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16567 on: April 27, 2020, 08:40:42 pm »

Total War: Napoleon, Total War Empire and Total War: Medieval 2 are 75% off on Steam (6,24 euros each).
Total War: Shogun 2 is free to keep if you get it before 1 may.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16568 on: April 27, 2020, 09:03:21 pm »

Total War: Shogun 2 is free to keep if you get it before 1 may.

Don't mind if I do!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16569 on: April 27, 2020, 09:19:40 pm »

Yeah I could not let that pass either.
Never played Shogun 1, but I did play Rome, and Medieval 2.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16570 on: April 27, 2020, 11:08:53 pm »

It's worthwhile, but as usual in the series the AI stops replayability. Ina campaign, out of 100 battles, I lost 2, which were auto :P
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16571 on: April 27, 2020, 11:14:13 pm »

I remember booting up the origin Shogun game again after having played Rome: Total War. Shogun 1 felt so old and basic by that time.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16572 on: April 28, 2020, 02:43:54 pm »

Shogun 1 is closer to Medieval 1 than it is to Rome 1, but even Medieval 1 makes huge changes compared to the really quite humble beginnings of Shogun 1

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16573 on: April 28, 2020, 02:59:57 pm »

Shogun 1 is like 3 bucks rigth now.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16574 on: April 28, 2020, 09:30:56 pm »

Indiegala has Cuban Missile Crisis for free. It's basically the first Blitzkrieg but with a sweet turn based strategic layer.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 1103 1104 [1105] 1106 1107 ... 1133