Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1112 1113 [1114] 1115 1116 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1383534 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16695 on: June 16, 2020, 05:47:56 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 04:10:09 pm by dragdeler »
let

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16696 on: June 17, 2020, 02:02:27 am »

My expectations are that the game will simply be the Witcher 3 in a cyberpunk world. By that I mean to say the story will we good, but the gameplay will only be passable. I’m talking discount Far Cry here at best, and Vampyre with guns at worst. I’m certain the level design won’t even be on par with the Deus Ex reboots.

I say this because CDPR has never been good with gameplay and I’m not expecting them to suddenly improve in that department, especially since this is their first time making an FPS.

If it isn’t clear already, I think the hype is unwarranted. When people think of Cyberpunk 2077, they think of this massive game that’s had over a decades worth of content put into it, but usually when a game takes that long to develop, it’s cause the devs had problems and had to scrap a lot of their previous work. Now perhaps just this once, a AAA dev will be able to try something ambitious and not have it flop on their face (eg. Too Human, Destiny, Spore, Freelancer, Fable), but I’m going to wait until I see it before I begin to believe in it.

PS: I guess new God of War counts as a fulfilled ambition, but I still don’t like those odds.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16697 on: June 17, 2020, 06:08:15 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 04:10:04 pm by dragdeler »
let

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16698 on: June 17, 2020, 11:58:56 am »

I’m talking discount Far Cry here at best, and Vampyre with guns at worst.

Man that sounds harsh, Far Cry 5 was so very much arcade'ish that the first one holds up to it as very mature and serious and realistic.

Don’t let me get you down too much. In spite of everything I’ve said, I do still think Cyberpunk will be a good game. I just think it will only be as good as or slightly better than the Witcher 3 rather than this transcendent second-coming of Keanu Reeves. CDPR may only be okay at gameplay, but their writing really is something special. If anyone can do “mature, serious, and realistic” it’s CDPR. I’m just not expecting them to do everything.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16699 on: June 17, 2020, 08:58:35 pm »

Does anyone have any thoughts on Humble's pale-imitation-of-itch racial justice bundle? It looks higher profile, but a bunch of what's on offer in it are things that have cropped up in past special cause bundles. Still tempted for a few things like Kerbal Space Program though...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16700 on: June 17, 2020, 10:09:31 pm »

Quality's higher, price point buy in's higher, there's at least one overlap I noticed, but overall, shit, cause is good, more power to 'em. Plenty of pretty great stuff in it.

Downside on the personal level is there's like... nothing in it I'm super interested in. Baba is You is the only thing that draws my eye I don't already have :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16701 on: June 18, 2020, 05:34:59 am »

considering i bought conan exiles for the nudity and found beneath that layer a good, if not great, survival game that i spent hours upon hours in both online and offline, with cyberpunk 2077 clearly not shying away from this side of the dystopian future, i can say with confidence it's probably on my first purchase list. we'll see if the rest underneath the genital sliders is worth it but im cautiously optimistic.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16702 on: June 18, 2020, 06:10:52 am »

All I want from cyberpunk 22 is a bell body modification that turns my giant shlong into an actual dong that makes my character ring like a church bell when he runs
Love, scriver~

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16703 on: June 18, 2020, 06:27:10 am »

All I want from cyberpunk 22 is a bell body modification that turns my giant shlong into an actual dong that makes my character ring like a church bell when he runs

Why not a doorbell? *dingdong!*
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16704 on: June 18, 2020, 03:00:55 pm »

The crazy itch bundle came to a close with a grand total of 1701 items.

And then they added 40 more after the end.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 08:13:32 pm by Mephisto »

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16705 on: June 18, 2020, 08:11:44 pm »

Should have included a source, I suppose.

Despite the name, this "randomizer" is also just a generally handy way to find stuff. Note that there were a bunch of items added on the 16th. I suppose they could have been added right before the end but it's an interesting decision either way.

"Date added" info isn't available for all games, however, as people only realized that new things were being constantly added after a few big additions.

https://randombundlegame.com/browse

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16706 on: June 18, 2020, 08:39:43 pm »

I've been having tons of fun with Nuclear Throne from the Itch.io Bundle if you're looking for games to play. I'd describe it as a cross between Binding of Isaac and Hotline Miami? It's pretty simple top-down shooter but has just enough randomness that it's kept me busy for hours. 
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16707 on: June 18, 2020, 09:44:54 pm »

Yeah I'll have to check that out one day, though I have to say i never really dug Binding of Isaac very much or got very far in it.

Right now however rather than the zillions of games I bought I'm just going through really old games on an Amstrad CPC emulator. Games I had as a kid but never finished, now I'm going to kick their asses at last.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16708 on: June 19, 2020, 07:58:00 am »

Nuclear Throne is great. Combat feels quick and dirty, gets extremely frantic as you progress, and the sound design makes it very satisfying to hit things.
Chicken ftw.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #16709 on: June 19, 2020, 08:52:19 pm »

Nuclear throne is one of my go-to "I have half an hour to spare" games. I think I have 300+ hours in it at this point, most of which are from small chunks in-between doing other stuff.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 1112 1113 [1114] 1115 1116 ... 1133