Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1120 1121 [1122] 1123 1124 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1385640 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16815 on: February 25, 2021, 09:04:26 pm »

If you're willing to install Epic launcher, please pick up Sunless Seas.

It's a good game in the Fallen London universe.  And I've picked up a lot of other free games from their giveaways - of which, I can recommend Halcyon 6.  Which isn't free anymore though.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16816 on: February 27, 2021, 09:46:08 am »

Can vouch for Sunless Sea. Excellent game, great writing for the different islands.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16817 on: March 05, 2021, 11:03:00 pm »

Oh hey, I, Dracula: Genesis is half off (8 bucks USD, for me) until the 18th. It's a pretty damn good twinstick gungeon like thing with a fairly (if not entirely*) unique aesthetic. If there's a notable downside, it's that it's fairly difficult in places (e.g. I just died in the tutorial :V), but overall it's pretty neat. Early access, but already more or less feature complete and winnable and whatnot.

* The thing's weirdly reminiscent of the old game Chaos Engine in terms of art style, which isn't exactly a bad thing.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16818 on: March 07, 2021, 03:08:04 pm »

https://www.gog.com/game/homeworld_remastered_collection
90% off Homeworld collection. Hell of a deal. True 3D space strategy games are rare.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16819 on: March 07, 2021, 03:43:14 pm »

Homeworld 1 was amazing. The remastered edition killed it, if only because it removed the option to remove unit caps.

WHY? The only reason We didn't create even larger crazy formations back in the days was because computers didn't have enough RAM and CPU.  Now we have that, and they won't let us use it  <end rant>
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16820 on: March 07, 2021, 05:38:38 pm »

I've never played Homeworld, but just bought it and will d/l during off-hours (satellite net).
Quote from the GOG link above, does this mean it comes with the old version you are wanting?

"As a bonus, you will also receive free access to:
Homeworld Classic
Homeworld 2 Classic

Bonus archival versions of Homeworld Classic and Homeworld 2 classic, preserving the purest form of the original releases with compatibility for modern operating systems"
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 05:52:03 pm by Uthimienure »
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16821 on: March 07, 2021, 06:47:09 pm »

Yep, you bought both the remake and the original ones.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16822 on: March 22, 2021, 06:38:13 am »

Games from (Heroes of) Might and Magic series are nearly all 75% off at GOG when bought separately and the "main" ones are 85% off in this megabundle (5 days left).
https://www.gog.com/promo/might_and_magic

I was unable to find how should one get to that promo page from GOG homepage, I see only those sales for each game separately. But I have just randomly stumbled upon https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/ today and this was the newest post @_@ . I think that qualifies as a good reason to post into this Sales thread after spending years only in the sister Free thread.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16823 on: May 29, 2021, 05:02:39 pm »

Right now you can get Just Cause 2 and Just Cause 3 for about 4 bucks. And Sea of Thieves is half off.

EDIT: on steam
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #16824 on: May 29, 2021, 06:09:58 pm »

Just Cause 2 is totally definitely wholly worth the four bucks. Just turn off decals so you don't crash every ten minutes.

JC3 handles like buttered-up ass that's emulating the movie Crank on endless stretches of black ice and may crash spontaneously every hour or just lock you in an endless black loading screen forever. Would not recommend.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16825 on: May 30, 2021, 05:56:25 am »

Humble Bundle always confuses me, but they're selling a pretty sweet bundle of Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, Red Orchestra and sundry related bits and pieces of DLC for both. Looks like RS 2 isn't as old a game as I thought, and I doubt I could run it on this poor, long-suffering laptop, but I'm tempted to buy it anyway for if/when I decide to get something approximating a gaming computer.   

Is it easy enough to access old Humble purchases on a new system once you have an account?   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16826 on: May 30, 2021, 06:13:08 am »

It should be? If it's the same account, you just log in, go to your library, and download it from there. Which is assuming that the game isn't provided via Steam key, in which case you add it to your Steam account and access it there.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16827 on: May 30, 2021, 07:13:16 am »

Hmm, I see.   
I just looked more closely and saw this: "Redeem your keys. All of the games in this bundle are available on Steam for Windows — and some for Mac and Linux too." I get the feeling I'd have to install Steam in order to play these games, anyway?  :-\   

Edit: I found a little guide on the Humble site and it looks like it is Steam-only. Ew. I just recently gave up on Steam and uninstalled its bloated carcass, I sure don't plan on going back any time soon.   
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 07:23:10 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16828 on: May 30, 2021, 08:42:35 am »

Humble Bundle sells a lot of games that can be directly downloaded, but it still started as and remains primarily a Steam key seller. They sometimes sell bundles for games on other game distributors or games you can directly download, but most devs still default to Steam only.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #16829 on: May 30, 2021, 04:17:12 pm »

Humble Bundle sells a lot of games that can be directly downloaded, but it still started as and remains primarily a Steam key seller. They sometimes sell bundles for games on other game distributors or games you can directly download, but most devs still default to Steam only.
It most certainlh did NOT start as a steam reseller. It started providing direct downloads, and occasional keys for steam/desura as extras. The steam reseller thing came later.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 1120 1121 [1122] 1123 1124 ... 1133