Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1121 1122 [1123] 1124 1125 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1383503 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16830 on: May 30, 2021, 05:36:06 pm »

Uh, yeah. Like, I was there for more of the earlier bundles than the more recent ones, and direct download was originally basically ubiquitous, with steam (or otherwise) keys being a "maybe". Humble definitely didn't start out as primarily a steam key reseller.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16831 on: May 30, 2021, 06:10:39 pm »

Humble started much like GOG. DRM free sales. Steam keys was a "I guess we could look into it" thing as customers made noise. There was a minimum price point for keys when it did happen but that was... what 6-12 months after opening up shop?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16832 on: May 31, 2021, 05:03:05 pm »

Huh, TIL. Most of my experience with Humble Bundle has been primarily as a steam key seller, although I know they emphasize DRM free stuff. Anyways, the rest of my post still stands.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16833 on: May 31, 2021, 08:40:46 pm »

Humble's first release, the Humble Indie Bundle, started in 2010 as a project by Wolfire Games, and was for World of Goo, Gish, Lugaru, Penumbra, and Aquaria, and was only DRM-free direct download for Win/Mac/Linux. They didn't even offer Steam keys on the first bundle (though looks like it was added retroactively), though they may have had it on the second one, like half a year later. One rather high-profile release early on actually included the source for, I believe, Lugaru. There was still no minimum price required for Steam keys (well, 1c) until there was some holiday event on Steam where you had a chance to win the entire Steam catalogue and people were botting 1c accounts.

The Humble Store didn't launch until a few years after (2013, I believe), and is the branch that offers the individual game purchases.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16834 on: June 05, 2021, 12:47:57 am »

Itch.io's Bundle for Palestinian Aid is another monster bundle available for 5$+. According to other people, about 25% of the entries so far were also featured in the previous mega-bundle (Racial Justice and Equality, I believe the official name was). Steam keys are NOT included.

Reddit post somebody compiled covered Steam ratings: https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/nscpu1/itchio_the_indie_bundle_for_palestinian_aid_5/h0lqcvj/

According to rumor, Baba is You is going to be added, and there's quite a few gems not on that list, due to not being on Steam.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 01:19:47 am by Aoi »
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16835 on: June 05, 2021, 04:29:55 am »

Dying Light is 66% off on Steam, I guess as a promo for Dying Light 2. Most DLC are up to 75% off too.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16836 on: June 06, 2021, 06:23:46 am »

That megabundle is worth it for Cosmic Express and A Good Snowman Is Hard To Build: excellent puzzle games.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16837 on: June 07, 2021, 11:23:43 am »

FWIW, I don't think the bundle size is changing at this point. I've had the page open in a periodically-reloaded tab for the last 2+ days dithering [I'm gonna get it, b/c I'm a wretched packrat AND this is a cause I believe in, but I'll dither for at least another day], and the count has held steady. It's 1019, and it was at least 1010 when I first opened it, even if I can't remember for sure if it was lower or 1019 then.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 11:25:31 am by E. Albright »

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16838 on: June 07, 2021, 12:22:09 pm »

FWIW, I don't think the bundle size is changing at this point. I've had the page open in a periodically-reloaded tab for the last 2+ days dithering [I'm gonna get it, b/c I'm a wretched packrat AND this is a cause I believe in, but I'll dither for at least another day], and the count has held steady. It's 1019, and it was at least 1010 when I first opened it, even if I can't remember for sure if it was lower or 1019 then.

Yeah, looks like it's not really changing (and the Baba is You was just rumor) ; since my initial post on it, it's only seen four additions, at least when viewed by Sort:Recently Added.

Edit: Baba Is You is a go! Evidently, it's gotten over 200 last minute additions, some of which are pretty high profile.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 11:41:49 pm by Aoi »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16839 on: June 09, 2021, 09:24:50 pm »

Finally bought the bundle and am wading through it. If nothing else, getting it led me to discover that there's a new GearHead game out and under active development, so that was an unexpected pleasant surprise...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16840 on: June 09, 2021, 09:35:04 pm »

Yeah, it's been puttering along for a while. 2017 according to roguebasin? Sounds about right. Was what tipped me over from a maybe for a few things to a "yeah, I'll get dat."

Used to be fairly active on the gearhead forums during some of the development periods for GH1 and 2, heh. There's just... not much in the roguelike world that involves giant robots, and frumple does like 'em some giant robots.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16841 on: June 19, 2021, 03:55:06 am »

Dark Souls III is 75% off on Steam
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16842 on: June 21, 2021, 01:21:26 am »

Summer sale in just a few days...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16843 on: June 21, 2021, 11:49:01 am »

Speaking of which, the GOG summer sale is up right now. Has some good shit going on, Horizon is 40% off which is a steal for how much it offers if you're into open world games. Metro Exodus is at 66% off too, pretty good thing that.

Anyways, yeah, more sales on games I'll probably play once and never touch again :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16844 on: June 24, 2021, 04:05:48 pm »

Steam Summer Sale is go.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 1121 1122 [1123] 1124 1125 ... 1133