Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1123 1124 [1125] 1126 1127 ... 1132

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1369690 times)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16860 on: November 07, 2021, 11:37:33 am »

mw5 just has a solid core loop and great aesthetics, but its a good base for so much more if/when modders dig into it. as it is, it's fun to try to optimize a super strong death lance for missions but... after the bigger plot and managerial gameplay of hbs battletech, it is lacking. half price is a good price for it, i agree.

if they could translate roguetech into a mw5 mod, i would flip my shit
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16861 on: November 18, 2021, 08:57:05 pm »

Epic free games this week:
Guild of Dungeoneering - I played this a while back. It's fine. It's a deck-builder where your equipment determines your cards. Pretty interesting, up until late game. Late game, you appear to need to play perfectly, and also need perfect RNG to win some fights. Nobody got time for that trash.
Kid A Mnesia - some sort of weird-looking thing made by Radiohead. It's a bunch of art and recordings to celebrate an anniversary of 2 albums.
Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) - It looks like an artsy platformer.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 08:58:59 pm by Iduno »

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #16862 on: November 22, 2021, 08:28:11 pm »

Cyberpunk 2077 is 50% off on GOG, supposedly the deepest discount so far.

Given all that's been said and done... it might be sufficiently enticing for the morbidly curious, I guess?
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16863 on: November 23, 2021, 10:18:51 am »

Cyberpunk 2077 is 50% off on GOG, supposedly the deepest discount so far.

Given all that's been said and done... it might be sufficiently enticing for the morbidly curious, I guess?
Personally, I'd say yes. For all its flaws it was still a decent open world game, and for the weird gameplay/balance decisions there are always mods. I only encountered one hard crash and some minor visual bugs from a playthrough around September. The strangest was certain textures randomly cycling through at an extremely quick pace, but that was fixed with a restart (and only occurred when I'd been playing for hours back to back).

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/3010 was one major mod I used - was nice for armor/weapons to be a bit more normalized so enemies don't become bullet sponges from scaling.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 10:54:17 am by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16864 on: November 25, 2021, 11:27:40 am »

Hey, I'm not sure if you're allowed to do it, but I have a 85% GOG discount on Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition and I don't need it.
https://www.gog.com/redeem/METB50B7D12BF367C0
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16865 on: November 28, 2021, 11:14:02 pm »

Oh hey, Starward Rogue + DLC is on sale for less than four bucks USD, if anyone out there wanted to check out one of the vanishingly few bullet hell type games (specifically twinstick roguelike style) that implemented a more-or-less-turn-based mode.

One of its character/mech choices has it so enemies and bullets only act when you do, making it one of the very, very small number of bullet hell games I can actually consistently beat :P

... anyway, it's pretty great, and totally worth the current asking price if you've any interest in its sort of gameplay.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16866 on: December 01, 2021, 05:41:06 pm »

I'm quite pleased with myself for only wasting £13 in the sale.   Namely Civil war 2, Revolution Under Siege Gold and Master of Orion 2 (which i've never played).

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16867 on: December 02, 2021, 11:41:01 am »

The last two are excellent games. The first one as well probably.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16868 on: December 18, 2021, 01:12:01 pm »

Darkest Dungeon 2 which just came out in early access on epic is currently half off because of the epic sale coupon. Devs get full money, Epic ends up losing cash on the transaction, you get the game half-off. win/win/win
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #16869 on: December 18, 2021, 02:18:22 pm »

Epic is also doing their 15 days of free games again this year.

We're already a couple of days in, but today is Remnant: From the Ashes, a very solid souls-like game, for free!

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #16870 on: December 22, 2021, 01:38:13 pm »

It's SALES time!

Steam's winter sale went up today- you can claim a free sticker for chat every other day, no other gimmicks.

Y'all ogling any hot deals or niche titles?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16871 on: December 22, 2021, 06:59:59 pm »

Honestly I'm not too excited about anything I've seen at the moment, I have a lot of games that I haven't played or haven't bothered to finish, too, so maybe it's fine to wait.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16872 on: December 23, 2021, 12:14:09 am »

I chucked a couple things in my cart. Can't really justify snapping up any of the more expensive games, even with some decent discounts...   
Noticed a couple of titles in there that were on sale pretty recently, like Sea of Thieves and Valheim (which I bought at a bigger discount, thankfully - btw it's my pick for the Steam Awards), too. Huh.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16873 on: December 23, 2021, 12:19:52 am »

I'm annoyed that Stellaris: Nemesis is only twenty percent, so $16.  I've waited a while, but nah, I'll wait longer.  Yes it's a good game that I've sank many nights in, but... IDK.  I'm glad they're still pushing free updates to it also.  But- it's just not enough of a discount, I'll live.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16874 on: December 23, 2021, 01:12:53 am »

Oh, the one thing I'm pretty sure I'll get this sale is Wolfstride. I also bought moon: Remix RPG Adventure when it released since I'd wanted to play it for 15 years. I'd say its genre is actually "classic point and click adventure game set in a Final Fantasy type world." Not what I was expecting, and I got to a point in the game where it seems to be wrapping up towards the conclusion, so I get more annoyed when I don't know what to do next. But it is not terrible for those who really, really like this kind of game.

Other recs -- if anyone has Animal Crossing-adjacent urges, Cozy Grove is pretty good. I think Animal Crossing was a little cuter but this is as good as it gets on PC for now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 1123 1124 [1125] 1126 1127 ... 1132