Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1125 1126 [1127] 1128 1129 ... 1132

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1369903 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16890 on: December 28, 2021, 08:33:14 am »

Online person has recommendations for weird games that are currently on sale:
https://twitter.com/spacetwinks/status/1474194773250617348

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #16891 on: December 29, 2021, 12:54:55 am »

Will second that list's recommendation for Ace of Seafood. It's... well, an experience. So's King of Crustaceans, or, presumably the more modern iteration, Fight Crab. Haven't played Fight Crab though, so can't vouch.

Totally gotta plug Monolith and its expansion, which are both on sale for half off or so and together run you about nine bucks together. It also qualifies well as an addictive roguelite shooter of slight vintage- it's kind of like Binding of Isaac, but with cute ships and bullet patterns instead of warped powerups. I could gush about it.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #16892 on: January 21, 2022, 08:17:57 am »

So..a bit of a "treasure hunt"  :D

A link for a promo code can be found in a pinned comment on MandaloreGaming's review about Homeworld Cataclysm, on Youtube.

The code gives -94% on Homeworld Cataclysm and -95% on Homeworld Remastered Collection and it's valid until 01/02/2022.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16893 on: January 21, 2022, 09:12:07 am »

... is that jan 2nd, or feb 1st? Like, I'd guess the latter due to the former being a few weeks ago, but depending on where you are the month and date numbers on that format swap, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16894 on: January 21, 2022, 09:52:43 am »

Very likely february first since it's the eurojank boys from the good ole games.

TBF though, our dates are a bit better, but it's the japanese who are truely doing it right.

2022/02/01 ready to be classified "alphabetically"
let

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #16895 on: January 21, 2022, 10:47:07 am »

You lot don't have time machines?
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16896 on: January 21, 2022, 11:49:15 am »

They must've missed the Epic time machine giveaway in the 2100s, how sad.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #16897 on: January 21, 2022, 12:07:58 pm »

Very likely february first since it's the eurojank boys from the good ole games.

TBF though, our dates are a bit better, but it's the japanese who are truely doing it right.

2022/02/01 ready to be classified "alphabetically"
You misspelled ISO-8601  ;D

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16898 on: March 08, 2022, 04:04:40 pm »

itch.io is doing a big Ukraine charity bundle - 991 items for 10USD. Some stuff has been in past charity bundles they've done, but I'm seeing enough new stuff that it's pretty easily worth it even if you've gotten other ones the last few years...

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16899 on: March 08, 2022, 05:58:25 pm »

Crosscode's fantastic (dialogue of the year!), though it has a much stronger puzzle aspect than people expected... Worth the cost of entry alone, I'd say.

Superhot, Kingdom: Two Crowns, Baba is You, Celeste, and Glittermitten Grove (better to go into this one blind) are some of the more high profile titles.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16900 on: March 08, 2022, 08:51:22 pm »

Crosscode's fantastic (dialogue of the year!), though it has a much stronger puzzle aspect than people expected... Worth the cost of entry alone, I'd say.

Superhot, Kingdom: Two Crowns, Baba is You, Celeste, and Glittermitten Grove (better to go into this one blind) are some of the more high profile titles.

Skatebird is also awesome, 2064 was great as far as I got (I keep meaning to get back to it), and I've heard great things about Quadrilateral Cowboy. In general, anything on Itch is like 50-50 if you'll like it or not (maybe not enough to finish, but you'll enjoy the part you play).

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #16901 on: March 09, 2022, 11:33:57 am »

I snapped up the bundle pretty much on ZeroRanger alone, since I was eyeballing that for a while (It's got parallels with Monolith, or they're spiritually close or something, idk I'm in for a quality shmup). I have a fair number of the other big-name titles in there, but not, say, CrossCode or Quadrilateral Cowboy, so now I have those and a whole heap of other neat things to sift through.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16902 on: March 09, 2022, 12:05:06 pm »

My only complaint about the sale - which is a very minor one; and for which I don't blame the developers - is that none of the titles come with Steam keys (to my knowledge).

Not because Steam is better, but it's where I've got the vast majority of my stuff, and I tend to forget anything I have that's on separate services / installed on my hard drive with just an icon on my desktop.

I blame old age and a backlog that's already too large without me adding another ~900 games to it. That said, I'm still thinking of pitching in the $10, both to support the cause and because electronic hording is fun.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 12:06:41 pm by AlStar »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16903 on: March 09, 2022, 12:31:55 pm »

I've seen at least one that does!

I, uh. Don't remember which one it was. But somewhere in there, I'm pretty sure I saw one. Not two, though.

Also the backlog added of computer games would actually be much smaller than 900 -- a good chunk of the bundle is pen and paper rulesets, graphic packs, music, and so on. Often still pretty neat stuff, but not something that would slot into a steam library backlog, heh.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 12:33:51 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16904 on: March 09, 2022, 02:20:03 pm »

Not because Steam is better, but it's where I've got the vast majority of my stuff, and I tend to forget anything I have that's on separate services / installed on my hard drive with just an icon on my desktop.

While it's rather inconvenient, you could go through the route of 'Add a non-Steam game to My Library...' for things you have installed to keep things organized.

Also, I saw some people in a thread discussing itch.io bundles advocating the use of Playnite to manage their collection... I have absolutely no further knowledge or experience with it though.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-
Pages: 1 ... 1125 1126 [1127] 1128 1129 ... 1132