Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1126 1127 [1128] 1129 1130 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1386629 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16905 on: March 09, 2022, 11:08:21 pm »

Not because Steam is better, but it's where I've got the vast majority of my stuff, and I tend to forget anything I have that's on separate services / installed on my hard drive with just an icon on my desktop.

The itch application is fairly usable. Just tie it in wherever your steam shortcut is.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16906 on: March 18, 2022, 04:36:06 pm »

So in following with the pattern of recent large charity bundles, Humble has now followed itch.io's example with a smaller-but-higher-profile bundle.

40USD for 123 items - mostly computer games (~90?), but a few tabletop ones, a couple comics, and some game dev assets/software. Seems like a decent mix with some good stuff in there. Worth it for me for Crying Suns, Slay the Spire, and Supraland.

https://www.humblebundle.com/stand-with-ukraine-bundle

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #16907 on: May 05, 2022, 01:01:40 am »

Steam has a roguelike sale going. Unreal World is 40% off. There is a free release here that the developer keeps a few versions behind on this website if you would like to try it out.

https://www.unrealworld.fi/
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16908 on: May 06, 2022, 06:15:23 am »

Really, do try it out. Like DF it's been in development for years (I remember talking about it on Berhesda's forums after Oblivion had come out in my far youth).

Love, scriver~

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #16909 on: May 06, 2022, 07:43:13 am »

Really, do try it out. Like DF it's been in development for years (I remember talking about it on Berhesda's forums after Oblivion had come out in my far youth).

How about 30 years and started out as a generic Roguelike, and more or less continuously evolved into what it is now? I think it's actualy the record holder of that category.

So...yes, do try it out.
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16910 on: May 11, 2022, 11:09:35 pm »

I loved playing Unreal world. It's feels super realistic and has a slight supernatural atmosphere. The only downsides are the occasional magic bullshit prey pulls off when they get off screen and stop leaving tracks in real time, and how there isn't much of an end game. Get a stack of dried meat and some heavy armor and a house, and that's pretty much everything you will ever need. There is nothing to work towards.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16911 on: May 12, 2022, 03:52:53 am »

Yeah, at some point I stopped playing, because I felt sorry for killing all those bears for no good reason other than them being an end game game.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread [STEAM 3000 SUMMER SALE]
« Reply #16912 on: June 23, 2022, 03:45:34 pm »

its that time of the year again.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16913 on: June 24, 2022, 07:20:39 am »

its that time of the year again.
Not to be the usual Steam Sale Debbie Downer, but I've got to say, disappointed by the sales on the stuff I was hoping for this sale.

20% off Dyson Sphere Program
10% off Caves of Qud
Nothing off Elden Ring
40% off Hades

Not that any of the above (other than Elden Ring), are crazy expensive (with sale they're all around ~$15), but it's the sprit of the thing - I was hoping I could snap up one of them for closer to $10.

That said, Disco Elysium is 65% off ($14)  - I think I probably will pick that up, been eyeing it for a while.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16914 on: June 24, 2022, 12:08:28 pm »

10% off for something released 7 years ago does seem like a bit of a joke. Honestly surprised CoQ is still early access.

Some gems are out there, Star Wars Fallen Order is 75% off at 10 bucks. Its at the very least the best star wars game coming out from EA in a long time. Plays like assassin creed but for the price its still a very good game.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #16915 on: June 24, 2022, 01:12:38 pm »

Yeah, I was surprised by just how many games from my wishlist were in the 10%-20% discount range, despite many of them being older and low-budget games.

Searching a little harder though, I did find a lot of good games with big 80%+ discounts. But they were all games I already own.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16916 on: June 24, 2022, 07:11:04 pm »

Looking at the wishlist notification, main things of interest are Kenshi and Spirit farer that got a good discount, but besides that nothing that particularly got me interested, unless I find something when I get home I will probably save my money to when Vic 3 is out
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16917 on: June 25, 2022, 01:40:12 pm »

I bought a bunch of indie games with big cuts in price and am getting my girlfriend a starter pack of games to try... mostly old stuff that I've played through and we can talk about, cuz she hasn't tried much by way of games before.

I'm REALLY looking forward to Rune Factory 5. Hope it's worth the anticipation!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #16918 on: June 25, 2022, 01:46:51 pm »

DR4X is on sale 50% off.
Its a turn based strategy game with simulationist elements and tons of customization of your "world".
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #16919 on: June 25, 2022, 03:15:12 pm »

I'm REALLY looking forward to Rune Factory 5. Hope it's worth the anticipation!

I bought it for Switch, but haven't had a chance to play yet.
The reviews haven't been particularly positive however. Most seem to agree that 5 is largely the same as previous games mechanically, but the graphics and controls did not fare well in the transition from 2D handheld game to 3D console game.
Pages: 1 ... 1126 1127 [1128] 1129 1130 ... 1133