Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1130 1131 [1132] 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1386262 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16965 on: March 02, 2023, 02:40:43 pm »

It's not Bannerlord there, only warband.
Heard good things on "Hack n Slash" and "Stacking", so that may be worth it as well, no clue
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #16966 on: March 02, 2023, 10:52:09 pm »

Oops, that's right it is Warband. I mistook the titles, I was actually recommending Warband while thinking of Warband but said Bannerlord.

If The Last Days mod for Warband is still available as I presume it is, I highly recommend that one. It's premise is The Lord of the Rings but if Frodo never made it to Mt. Doom for whatever reason. In the mod scene for Warband it was quite innovative back in the day; notably it had short dwarves which was unheard of at the time. Also Trolls but those were more janky at the time I was playing it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 06:46:54 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #16967 on: March 16, 2023, 04:23:52 pm »

I picked up gladius at the price it's a steal. any good dlc to put in?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16968 on: March 16, 2023, 07:34:56 pm »

I suppose 90% off isn't bad for it, but Epic is giving it away for free ATM if you do Epic at all. The DLCs are all kinda mostly just fluff. If there's an army you like, you can get that, but none of them change the mechanics per se.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #16969 on: March 17, 2023, 01:20:11 am »

I'm done with epic it isn't worth the risk

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16970 on: March 17, 2023, 02:31:09 pm »

Hitman World of Assassination is on sale right now. Cheapest it's been since it changed from Hitman 3 to the current iteration. The Deluxe stuff and some stray bits is not on sale. Your mileage will vary depending on what you already own in the current franchise.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16971 on: April 16, 2023, 07:35:53 pm »

Against the Storm is on sale to celebrate going up in price.

It's somewhere between a colony builder and a city builder using a roguelike metaprogression setup, all in a pretty cool setting about fuzzy woodland crittermen (and humans) trapped in an endless rainstorm. It's too smallscale and concerned with manpower to really call a city builder, but there's not enough focus on your colonists to call it a colony builder. You set out on a given tree-choked map, build structures and (optionally) roads around the warming light of your hearth, and start chopping away at the forest to gather resources, clear space, and unleash forgotten horrors best left undisturbed.

The roguelike aspects come from the fact that you're trying to win and avoid losing through fairly dynamic challenges and conditions. Your fuzzy woodland colonists need to eat and like to live in houses, and you've got a win bar and a loss bar from pissing off or placating The Queen, but a lot of what you'll be doing involves choosing between a handful of options (building blueprints, permanent colony passives, which group of immigrants to accept) and adapting to what resources or options you've got on hand. It does a good job of making runs feel unique and organic, even though the town and its inhabitants do end up as much more of a temporary mechanism to get things done than in sandboxier options.

Once you've won or lost (you can keep playing once you've won), you then ditch that place to go start up a new one and receive home base upgrade resources for your trouble. After a few such runs, a giant storm arrives, everyone flees back to your volcano lair ruled by a mysterious masked queen warm dry refuge, and you start over again (but with more upgrades this time around).

All in all, pretty interesting game. I'd recommend checking it out for anyone who's into that sort of thing.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #16972 on: May 18, 2023, 11:23:51 pm »

Morrowind is on sale on GOG for 4 USD. Really, just in case no one picked it up when it was free for the 20th anniversary.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16973 on: May 18, 2023, 11:44:11 pm »

I'll second Against the Storm. If you like rougelikes and you like colony builders you'll love AtS.
Its a very hectic game, but the way its made you usually come out with a win in the nick of time.
Loads of meaningful but simple in the moment choices with lots of strategic depth.

The big thing is you don't keep any one settlement for long, but that feels good since it usually means none of them outstay their welcome and usually and usually end once you've gotten a complete colony.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #16974 on: May 19, 2023, 12:11:52 am »

I regret my purchase of Against the Storm. Too much RNG, and not enough meaningful progression.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16975 on: June 30, 2023, 02:38:52 pm »

Anyone have strong opinions for or against Wasteland 3? I loved WL1 to pieces. I liked WL2 but never finished it. WL3 is currently on sale for 80% off, and I'm tempted... but I already bought My Time in Sandrock and One Lonely Outpost during this sale...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2023, 08:18:05 am by E. Albright »

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #16976 on: September 28, 2023, 02:47:47 pm »

GoG has a bundle for the Metro series ( Exodus, Last Light, 2033 plus 2 DLCs for Exodus) all for 9.60 euros. I've only played Last Light and personaly I'd be happy even for just that for that price.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16977 on: December 15, 2023, 04:09:33 pm »

Humble Bundle is doing a thing this holiday season where they're offering good deals on past bundles that went out previously this year - but they only last about 48 hours each.

A Very Humble Holiday

They've already cycled through a bunch of Bundles, but the ones currently going are:

Scary Games (21 hours left) - $18 gets you:
SCP: 5K
Labyrinthine
The Mortuary Assistant
Visage
Them and Us
The Blackout Club

HUMBLE HEROINES (1 day 21 hours left) - $15 gets you:
Control Ultimate Edition
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Syberia: The World Before
Praey for the Gods
Sable
Dreamscaper
Call of the Sea
Batora: Lost Haven

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #16978 on: March 14, 2024, 11:39:29 am »

Gog released God of War (2018) for PC, a couple of days ago and they have it on 50% discount (~25eur) until the end of the month.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #16979 on: March 30, 2024, 02:40:49 am »

GoG's got its spring sale going. There's some alright stuff there, most of which I bought because I'm on a mobile/ PC emulation binge, and I wanted to see what I could get working. These are all in Aussie dollary-doos.

Xcom2 + War of the Chosen was about $10 all up.
Alone in the Dark trilogy was 89cents (!)
Might and Magic 1-6 was $3.79
Heroes of Might and Magic 3 complete was $3.79
Heroes of Might and Magic 4 complete was $3.79
Ultima 4+5+6 was $2.29
Ultima 7 + Serpent Isle complete was $2.29
Syndicate Plus + Syndicate Wars was $4.58
Dawn of War 1 complete was $12
Just Cause 1+2 complete was $6
Alpha Centauri+ Crossfire was $3.09
Serious Sam First and Second Encounter were $1.69 each
(Remember, all these are heaps cheaper in USD$, ~$40'ish or cheaper. But $56 dollary doos well spent. Odds on 200-300 hours of gaming, right there, even if I don't play some of them. A fair few of the non-RPG ones have mods too, so there's a lot there.)

(And I want to track down the PC Format #23 Cover Disk, because they literally gave you C++ code for using the original Syndicate resources. Turns out there's multiple numbering systems. Oh, hey, I found it here:
https://beigebox.co.uk/retro/coverdisk-archive-pc-format/
Just needed ZArchiver to extract it properly, Rar thought it was corrupted.
Dropbox'y link, if you're interested in really old C code, with demo of American Revolt to play with (love those jet sounds):
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/3u35rlfb75lctphitzi30/h?rlkey=qup0rh7wtku5xexy71ef5mgar&dl=0
And a linky to the whole disk, and disk 27 (with the American Revolt demo on it), so you've got stuff to play with, just for completion's sake:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/q7gp09ehsqdksuf85eeyu/h?rlkey=qh3w0wwek55mmigun7jnc778w&dl=0
Now, I'm going to download X-Ripper to grab the .voc files out, for those crispy shotgun sounds, *and* work out how to rip the graphics too.
Also fun to rip .voc files from, is the Space Hulk demo:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/mjscre1f5k83pi5vtoi16/spacehulkdemo.zip?rlkey=waq6m1nfavc6zdzxs2lftddl0&dl=0
Awesome, because it did it through your PC speaker, no Sound Blaster required)

And there's heaps more games on special than that. Yeah, sure, I could yo-ho them, but at that price, it's nice to have them sitting there in an easily accessible library for any future computer upgrades. Kind of like steam, but easier to run through emulation. Buggers me how I'll set up all these touchscreen interfaces on my phone, but I'll work it out if I get these games going pretty easily.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 04:01:03 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 1130 1131 [1132] 1133